Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

1/1 Winter Classic 2014 GDT: Maple Leafs 3, Red Wings 2 (F/SO)

• Please log in to reply
717 replies to this topic

#401 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Cleary has been playing fantastic in this game. Not sure what you are watching.

Cleary's been on his back for most of the game.  He had a couple of decent chances down by the net, and he's certainly trying, but he hasn't been good outside of one or two decent chances down by the goalposts that didn't go anywhere that I've noticed.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#402 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

We've been outplaying them but we're not getting power plays?  I thought that's how it worked?

esteef

It should, but the refs let the Leafs get away with constant little hooks and holds the first 2 periods

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#403 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

You should be making a killing with sports betting, seeing as you know the results before it happens.

well, I do. In a game like this will matters way more than pseudo domination and shots from the perimeter. It was fun to see that most betting agencies were in favor of the Red Wings. Good for me.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#404 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Need this or game over.

#405 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

The same one as always, where Hammerhands can't bury it even when it's on a platter for him.

No, it's because he is the chosen whipping boy and people will find a reason to bash him no matter what.

#406 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,646 posts

Ok boys, let's score!

#407 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Big PP come on guys

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#408 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,646 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Really????  He barely touched the puck and I bet if it was a Wing that touched it they wouldn't stop play.

#409 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Here we go a BIG chance for us COME ON BOYZ GET ONE HERE!!!!

#410 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Here's the chance we need, COME ON PP!  :siren: :siren:

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#411 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,646 posts

Let's score boys!  Don't eff this PP up.

#412 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,139 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

The same one as always, where Hammerhands can't bury it even when it's on a platter for him.

When was it on a platter for him exactly?  Dats had a great setup from Z and couldn't bury it either.  

This has probably been Cleary's best game of the year and he's outplayed several more talented forwards on the team.  People complaining about him today only shows how little it has to do with what actually happens on the ice. 

Cleary has a good game and gets several great chances and now he even gets grief for that.  It's hilarious.

#413 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,503 posts

Besides the obvious stupidity of Cleary on the PP, he is taking faceoffs while not being a center. So, the Wings start chasing the puck right away.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#414 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Overall we've played a good game, but man do the Wings ever have trouble entering the zone.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#415 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Cleary on the PP....dont know how Babcock keeps his job...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#416 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

No, it's because he is the chosen whipping boy and people will find a reason to bash him no matter what.

No, it's cause Dats gave him a beauty pass from the corner and he couldn't bury it, Nyquist gave him a nice pass from behind the net and he whiffed on it cause he was leaning on his stick to avoid falling as usual and then the stretch pass from DeKeyser where he couldn't bury it cause Bernier knew he'd go 5 hole cause he can't raise the puck.  It's not very hard to find examples of his suck.  He shouldn't have been signed in the first place to have as a whipping boy.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#417 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,646 posts

I hate Bernier

#418 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

He's seeing everything, no rebounds

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#419 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

When was it on a platter for him exactly?  Dats had a great setup from Z and couldn't bury it either.  

This has probably been Cleary's best game of the year and he's outplayed several more talented forwards on the team.  People complaining about him today only shows how little it has to do with what actually happens on the ice. 

Cleary has a good game and gets several great chances and now he even gets grief for that.  It's hilarious.

Post 416. 3 examples.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#420 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,646 posts

Wasted PP