• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/1 Winter Classic 2014 GDT: Maple Leafs 3, Red Wings 2 (F/SO)

Rate this topic

For people who went, how was the view? I always thought the downside of playing in a giant football stadium would be that you couldn't see the puck way in the back.

i was at the very top of the stadium. view was ok, spent time watching on the big screen for sure.

but luckily for us (me and two leaf fan friends) had such amazing tickets. we didn't even know until we got there that we ended up with box seats. no lines for beer or bathrooms and all the heat we needed. to boot it was the leafs alumni box. sat with gary roberts, bob mcgill and family, lanny mcdonald, brad may. was cool to talk with brad about that goal he scored that they didn't count years ago when playing with the wings.

overall i would not change that experience for anything...pregame, post game, was all awesome.

Edited by DRW Dominance

Yup, Shanny does it again. The guy shouldn't be crucified, but a couple of games for a repeat offender is not untoward. SO disgusted.

Unfortunately I can't say I'm surprised. I think he should've gotten a game because of his history of hitting guys heads. The play wasn't particularly vicious but Lupul could use a wakeup call.

For whatever idiotic reason the league goes easier on hits to the head that aren't the result of a check.