• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Helm has sore groin...

Rate this topic

It'll be fine. Everybody was saying the same thing about Kronwall early in his career when he kept getting injured. Now it's not an issue.

It's not as though he keeps having a recurring injury of the same type, like re-injuring his back multiple times or sustaining a lot of concussions. He's just been going through some bad luck.

Edited by Zetts

you know what kinda excits me? if we get health and I mean IF we could have a great roster think about this after the Olympics

Z Dats Frazen

Abby Weiss Alfie

Nyquist Helm Tatar

Miller Andy Eaves

Cleary Bert

Kronwall Big E

DD Smith

Q Kindl

Howard

Monster

Edited by sjr2012

you know what kinda excits me? if we get health and I mean IF we could have a great roster think about this after the Olympics

Z Dats Frazen

Abby Weiss Alfie

Nyquist Helm Tatar

Miller Andy Eaves

Cleary Bert

Kronwall Big E

DD Smith

Q Kindl

Howard

Monster

I think we got a lot of options when we get healthy especially up front.

With the twins together...

Mule- datsyuk- Z

Abby- helm- alfy

Nyquist- Weiss- Tatar

Miller- glendening- Andy

With the twins split (which I prefer)

Tatar- datsyuk- alfy

Nyquist- Z- mule

Weiss- helm- Abby

Andy- glendening- miller

Really unfortunate Helm can't stay healthy because we all know what a difference maker he is on the ice for the Red Wings.

It would be nice with Weiss out too for Helm to center the second line because I think most games the Wings need Z and Pavel together to carry the offense. Hopefully this isn't long-term and Helm will come back contributing offensively like he was before.

Z Dats Frazen

Abby Weiss Alfie

Nyquist Helm Tatar

Miller Andy Eaves

Cleary Bert

Kronwall Big E

DD Smith

Q Kindl

Howard

Monster

You're over the cap with no extra defenseman... what did you do with Lashoff, anyway? And Samuelsson?

You're over the cap with no extra defenseman... what did you do with Lashoff, anyway? And Samuelsson?

Nah, he's fine. Even with Lash. Just needs to arrange an accident for Sammy sometime before Weiss comes back. :)

Kidding aside, if we ever do get healthy, we'll likely waive Eaves and then Miller if needed.

no joshy right without turning this into another lines thread it would have to be more like this...

Mule Dats Z

Abby Weiss Alfie

Goose Helm Tatar

Cleary Andy Bert

Sammy

Kronwall Big E

Q Kindl

DD Smith

Lashoff

Howie

Monster

Edited by sjr2012

Meh, even without Helm tonight the boys looked like they were over worrying about injuries and just played. They can't wait around psychologically for everyone to get healthy because it ain't going to happen in all likelihood. If everyone just plays their best we get results like tonight (and Howie chipped in a lot).

May I ask to sticky the Clearly hate thread? It is gettiing a bit tiresome reading about that (huge) mistake in every thread.

Personally I hope he is taking some job in the organization after his career, been a warrior for many yearrs.

He has been. He was a pretty important part of the '08 and '09 teams. His drop-off seems to be noticeable to everyone but Babcock. Credit where credit is due though, Cleary has played well lately... he just can't produce anymore. The "mistake signing" label could be put several of this off-season's contracts, as far as the roster- and cap-crunches go, but Cleary was the late signing that really put the Wings in this jam, so he'll always be the scapegoat. If there were 3 more spots and $3M more in cap space going into training camp, it wouldn't have been an issue.