• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Did Dave Brandon prevent the NHL from holding the attendance record?

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/article/20140102/SPORTS05/301020030/detroit-red-wings-winter-classic-extra-points

105,491 tickets were sold in a stadium with an official capacity of 109,901. The record is 104,173 set at the Big Chill.

It's a pretty safe bet to say that all the tickets were sold given how Leafs fans operate.

Considering how proud of an individual this guy is, I wouldn't put it past him to say that he wouldn't allow the NHL to take this record from him.

Just want to put my $0.02 in - I attended both the Big Chill in 2010 and the Winter Classic yesterday. The Big Chill's record is a fake. There was NOBODY in the stadium after a certain point. Empty seats everywhere. From what I could see yesterday, there were much more people packing the stadium yesterday. I know that technically there may have been more people who "attended" the Big Chill, but in my humble opinion, there were definitely more people there yesterday.

I believe that game was the record, and you even note the attendances of both games which notes that this is the record.

So I guess im just confused what youre accusing him of. Are you saying they should have sold all 109k tickets? I dont think that place couldve handled 4k more people.

I believe that game was the record, and you even note the attendances of both games which notes that this is the record.

So I guess im just confused what youre accusing him of. Are you saying they should have sold all 109k tickets? I dont think that place couldve handled 4k more people.

Seriously, it was a madhouse. That place was not meant to handle that many people in that kind of weather. Especially when so many were drinking. Still, it was pretty awesome.

Seriously, it was a madhouse. That place was not meant to handle that many people in that kind of weather. Especially when so many were drinking. Still, it was pretty awesome.

Yeah, I got there late and went to my row and there was nowhere to sit so I asked a couple of guys where seat 19 and 20 were and they moved over a bit revealing that there were 2 cushions squeezed between them and My pregnant wife and I had to squeeze in. She had to sit on my lap and even then, I was squished on both sides.

Yeah, I got there late and went to my row and there was nowhere to sit so I asked a couple of guys where seat 19 and 20 were and they moved over a bit revealing that there were 2 cushions squeezed between them and My pregnant wife and I had to squeeze in. She had to sit on my lap and even then, I was squished on both sides.

Yeah, things were really tight until people started leaving.

To be fair, I'm not sure it's the best setting for a pregnant person. lol

Looking up into the suites during the game some of them appeared to be empty. I don't know if it was because they were inside watching the game or the ticket holders were no shows. It was crazy packed in there the seat cushions helped greatly though. I went to the OSU UofM game and ended up sitting 3 seats down from my actually seats, because an old couple had the aisle seats and kept forcing the rest of the row down.