• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Alexey Marchenko called up

Rate this topic

Isn't Sproul struggling defensively? Haven't watched GR much but that's what I've read.

Good to see this kid, but it should be because Quincey or Kindl got scratched not because of an injury.

if you go on + - then he seems ok. Pulkkinen, Callahan, Marchenko and Sproul lead the Griffs with +15.

Isn't Sproul struggling defensively? Haven't watched GR much but that's what I've read.

Good to see this kid, but it should be because Quincey or Kindl got scratched not because of an injury.

saw a game in milwaukee a week ago, srpoul looks like a carbon copy of smith

if you go on + - then he seems ok. Pulkkinen, Callahan, Marchenko and Sproul lead the Griffs with +15.

Plus he only sits 3 behind Sproul & Almquist for the points lead for d-men on the Griffs. Seems to have adjusted to the North American game pretty well. Added bonus of being a right handed shot too.

I'd like to see Almquist get called up again. Hard to understand Kenny's reasoning for these D call ups. Maybe looking at what we got and who we want to move forward with. I don't expect a deal until the deadline though, if at all. We'll have a lot more flexibility after these old farts come off the books. We seem to be stacked with solid D prospects but I don't see them getting rid of Smith or Kindl after investing this much time and frustration in them

Wings on ice for practice. Eaves is skating wearing shield for jaw. Marchenko is skating, wearing No. 47

Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser is out with a lower-body injury. It's a day-to-day, believed to be a groin.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-friday-practice-post-dekeyser-out-marchenko-in-helm-and-franzen-d

Edited by MidMichSteve

yeah why did Bykov play just a season?

His numbers that year were poor offensively. And he wasn't exactly known for his physicality defensively. I'm not sure if there was a contract situation involved there on top of that.

In any case, from what I remember, Markov was the last Russian defenseman to suit up for the Wings.

Im sure he came straight into the side from the Russian league, no AHL stop for him. And if my memory is correct didnt he have #55?

Yes he did. I just played pickup near Chapel Hill, NC, and a dude was wearing a #55 Bykov jersey.

Another dude was wearing a Macoun jersey.

:dntknw: