• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Alexey Marchenko called up

Rate this topic

His numbers that year were poor offensively. And he wasn't exactly known for his physicality defensively. I'm not sure if there was a contract situation involved there on top of that.

In any case, from what I remember, Markov was the last Russian defenseman to suit up for the Wings.

290px-Ruslan_Salei_Detroit_Red_Wings_Oct

C'mon man!

esteef

I think the Wings should all be signed up for Yoga to iron out the groin injuries.

HA.

Seriously, whats the problem here? Improper conditioning? Babs' preferred style of play and not noticing he doesn't have those kinds of players on his roster?

Do the Wings need some new trainers? This is ridiculous.

I noticed Babs making a comment on 24/7 about his preference to make practices optional...but that he wasn't doing that these days "with all the kids around".

HA.

Seriously, whats the problem here? Improper conditioning? Babs' preferred style of play and not noticing he doesn't have those kinds of players on his roster?

I noticed Babs making a comment on 24/7 about his preference to make practices optional...but that he wasn't doing that these days "with all the kids around".

That's the problem. Babs doesn't seem to know how to coach the kids.

Marchenko? Is that the kid who in 2010 was ranked 12th overall among European skaters, but told teams he only wanted to play in Russia and went undrafted? The same kid who the very next year told the Wings he would play for them if they took him, and the Wings drafted him with their very last pick in the 9th round?

He's probs just a plug. 9th round picks never pan out...

Or he's our late round 2nd coming of Nick Lidstrom. Late round miracles, that's how we do.

I predict a 7 point game out of him tonight. :lol:

HA.

Kids came up after the injuries so I doubt the amount of practicing matters. Especially since our injured guys are the most likely to practice regardless of whether or not they were mandatory.

My bet is the training staff.

Kids came up after the injuries so I doubt the amount of practicing matters. Especially since our injured guys are the most likely to practice regardless of whether or not they were mandatory.

My bet is the training staff.

Best way to give veterans the habit of attending non mandatory practices is to instill that work ethic into them when they're kids!

How did Marchenko look tonight? I missed most of the action but from what I saw he looked pretty steady out there. He was holding back offensively from what I saw (to be expected first game).

He started off pretty shaky but then got better you could tell it was his first game though.

He definitely looked like it was his first game up, and in my opinion he was pretty pensive out there, but who wouldn't be in his situation. Reminds me of so many players who got called up before they were ready and just trying to tread water. He wasn't bad, but clearly isn't ready for the NHL. As far as their first games go, I think Ouellet was better. But I really love Marchenko's size and skating ability. Let him round out for another year and then we'll see what he has to offer.

Everyone saying he didn't look ready.

He played with Quincey.

You'd be "pensive" too.

Good word BTW

IMO he looked good.

Not great.

But real active stick.

Not bad positionally, and good first pass.

And I love seeing a right hander on our blue line.

Shaky.

A bit.

But he definitely settled in.

He didn't look like it was his first NHL call up to me.

I'm excited for him.

And kind will be gone, eventually.

So will Quincey.

We have too many really good defenseman in the ahl to keep them.

And this probably belongs in the get.

But has anyone noticed how physical lash has been with people net front.

He's borderline dirty and I love it.

Not a top four in Detroit.

But nice to see.

I saw him make some really nice outlet passes - one was really nice off the boards cross ice. He also did well retreating behind the net and making the dump pass to his partner on a few occasions I saw. If he can be a steady bottom pairing guy for the future I'll be happy - he has potential to be more but I would be good with 5/6 considering Sproul, Ouellet, Backman are also in the pipeline with Smith, Dekeyser being young ones too.

just watched the 1st period asking myself the same questions that came up early in this topic: who is this guy and why did he get the call before Sproul or Almqvist.

he didn't look bad. for a defenseman 2 years away from NHL draft in his first ever game you can't ask for god knows what. but he was solid enough in his defensive game, used his brain and didn't cough the puck.

but I do have to admit that I watched Canadian junior team anihiliate itself against Finland earlier this day. nothing that Wings or even Stars did this game was nearly that bad :)

And this probably belongs in the get.

But has anyone noticed how physical lash has been with people net front.

He's borderline dirty and I love it.

Not a top four in Detroit.

But nice to see.

Lashoff has been a real pleasant surprise this season. There's been almost zero bitching about him, which is quite frankly amazing. OK he's playing the fewest minutes of all our regulars on D, but he may be carving a niche out for himself - at the very least he's a reliable placeholder till one of the kids plays him off the roster.

Out of intrest, did Smith get an PP time last night with DD out?

hes a keeper in my book. any rookie who gets paired with Q on debut and returns a +2 is doing something right! Also Q ended with +3, so there you go. Hes got a good stick a nice outlet pass and kept it simple. Had just over 13 mins, and im sure that will rise as the west coast trip goes on and Babs starts to trust him. I think he could rise to a #4 but would be more than useful on the bottom pairing on a regular basis.

hes a keeper in my book. any rookie who gets paired with Q on debut and returns a +2 is doing something right! Also Q ended with +3, so there you go. Hes got a good stick a nice outlet pass and kept it simple. Had just over 13 mins, and im sure that will rise as the west coast trip goes on and Babs starts to trust him. I think he could rise to a #4 but would be more than useful on the bottom pairing on a regular basis.

Entire Wings team allowed too many SOG, Howard won that game last night.