• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Alexey Marchenko called up

Rate this topic

Lashoff has been a real pleasant surprise this season. There's been almost zero bitching about him, which is quite frankly amazing. OK he's playing the fewest minutes of all our regulars on D, but he may be carving a niche out for himself - at the very least he's a reliable placeholder till one of the kids plays him off the roster.

Out of intrest, did Smith get an PP time last night with DD out?

Unfortunately, Smith still didn't get a shot. Kindl and Sammy were on the point for the second PP unit.

Lashoff has been a real pleasant surprise this season. There's been almost zero bitching about him, which is quite frankly amazing. OK he's playing the fewest minutes of all our regulars on D, but he may be carving a niche out for himself - at the very least he's a reliable placeholder till one of the kids plays him off the roster.

Out of intrest, did Smith get an PP time last night with DD out?

Lashoff has quickly become one of my favorites on this team. He knows his role (big, nasty defensive defenseman), and he plays it.

I think Marchenko played a solid first game. Couldn't have asked for much more from him. I agree with what most ppl have said - he was noticeably nervous in the 1st period, but as the game went on, he settled in nicely and made some good outlet passes and didn't turn the puck over. It was good to see a young guy like that step in and not get too amped up and make mistakes all over the shop. It will be interesting to see what happens and if he plays vs the Sharks if DeKeyser is back.

As for Lashoff, I have been pleasantly surprised with him thus far, making good defensive plays and providing a good amount of physical presence on the back end which has been lacking a bit I feel. still waiting for someone to get Kronwalled……..

Edited by wings4thecup06