• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

1/4 GDT : Red Wings 5 @ Stars 1

Rate this topic

hopefully they can keep it up now that the cameras are off

Honestly this felt like a completely different team tonight. Despite missing some HUGE pieces out there we were steady and in control with Howie really settling in. This is what I expect from a healthy roster but it is great to see them look confident out there for once. Lets hope this continues with the cameras off!

This was one of those rare games where I felt like the Wings could not be stopped. Jimmy was on fire and they were playing their asses off. I was a little nervous turning the game on after I found out Pav wasn't playing. But hot damn that was fun. Let's hope they can go on another killer win streak on the road. Also, Tatar made me jump out of my chair and dance around the room like an idiot. Thank you Tats.

Just saw a clip of the Tatar goal, but I didn't get a great look. Did he really deke out that guy, and did that guy really run into and explode that other guy? The more I think about it now, the more I'm sure that can't be what actually happened.

Just saw a clip of the Tatar goal, but I didn't get a great look. Did he really deke out that guy, and did that guy really run into and explode that other guy? The more I think about it now, the more I'm sure that can't be what actually happened.[/quote

That was tatars stutter step.

It was that good.

Highlight Reel Goal of the Year goes to ''The Great and Power Tatar'' Nothing but pure Magic! Wish I had the money to buy NHL Centre Ice again! Reminds me of what Shanahan did in the 90s for us! You see if the Red Wings play as a Team than they can win every night. Best Team since 1997-1998! :)

When the Red Wings Believe in Magic they usually Win Hockey Games this year! When they don't they usually Lose Games this year that's a Fact! :)

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986

no, but it's a damn good start

I said this out load to the question too...The one thing from that I took away as a positive was the fact he has the confidence in himself to attempt it at all. He has the skill and when he has the puck he wants it. Tatar is a stud

Jimmy obviously bailed the team out in the first when things could have gone south quickly. That's the type of performance the Wings need more consistently with Howard while they battle injuries and likely aren't going to be scoring five goals very often.

Also, I think it's absolutely clear now from the past couple games that Brendan Smith should never be paired another second with Kyle Quincey. Smith has looked composed and much more assertive jumping in offensively playing with Kronner. I would keep those two together and have E/DeKeyser on the second pairing. Whichever of Kindl/Quincey is less of a disaster at the time with Lashoff then.

Good win with a very tough three games looming in California.

Guest Crymson

Hey Babs, Can Tatar stay on the top lines now?

esteef

He played only 10:46 last night, good for #11 amongst forwards. Meanwhile, Cleary ended up #3 amongst forwards in ice time despite having only one hit, zero shots, and zero blocks. Granted, the Stars were on the power play for much of the game, but yikes.

Still, it was 5-1, so whatever.

Thank you Jimmy Howard, big game and a couple of confidence building starts for our starting netminder.

The surge of offense was nice also, glad to see some goals getting scored and some chemistry happening. It's definitely something to build off of going forward, great game and an even better result.

He played only 10:46 last night, good for #11 amongst forwards. Meanwhile, Cleary ended up #3 amongst forwards in ice time despite having only one hit, zero shots, and zero blocks. Granted, the Stars were on the power play for much of the game, but yikes.

Still, it was 5-1, so whatever.

cleary led the team with 2:35 on the pp :confused:

then again he now has 53 minutes of PP time this season with no points to show for it, so i guess its not surprising...

It almost looks like he picks him up and tosses him to the side. With one arm. While taking the puck in on goal. Like a badass.

Also, I love how Seguin is just a fraction of a second too late on the pursuit.

He's probably like "LOL" then he realizes what happened and is like "oh s***".

Twenty Away Games into this topsy-turvy season, where "away is the new home", how goes Detroit sit All-time?

An Away Games Differential (Wins minus Regulation Losses) of +9 stands second best in Club history (along with 1949-50, 1951-52, 1994-95, 2008-09 & 2010-11), second only to 2005-06 with +10.

Their thirteen Away wins is second best All-time (along with 1949-50, 1995-96, 2007-08 and 2008-09), one behind 1994-95, 2005-06 and 2010-11

From the Dallas game, one of the Wings many goal celebrations -- and one slightly disgruntled Stars fan upper left.

The photographer at the glass is like, "Dude. Seriously??"

:lol:

TATERGOALCELBRUDESTARDALLASJAN42014_zps9

Photo credit to Amelie Stone, who allowed me to share this with you all. ;)

Edited by puckloo39