• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Sabres' Tyler Mylers has Monday hearing for head shot.

Rate this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQ90TK6RUM

From CBC:

Buffalo Sabres blue-liner Tyler Myers is set to answer Monday for an illegal hit to the head of New Jersey Devils forward Dainius Zubrus Saturday night.

It's not often that two players this tall are involved in a "situation".

Keep in mind that Myers is a "repeat offender".

Spin the wheel; how many games, if any?

Edited by cusimano_brothers

He definitely left his feet before the hit. The head was the point of contact. Since he's a repeater, he might get 2 games. Otherwise I can see him getting a fine like Lupul's crosscheck on Eaves jaw.

Edit: After thinking about it, Myers might get a punishment similar to Engelland's hit on Abby. That was 5 games and was a fly-by elbow to the head. This is clearly a head shot and leaving the ice isn't going to help his case any. We will have to see if this warrants a Shanaban.

Edited by thegerkin

He has a phone hearing, so <5, my guess would be 2 or so.

But I get the feeling from the way the Thornton ordeal went down that the NHLPA lawsuit is going to have Bettman and his minions really cracking down on these kinds of things.

His way of saying "Oh yeah, you want to file suit against me for not protecting you, well this is what you get!"

I easily would have seen Thornton getting 10-12 games, 15 for a first time offender and a guy who tends to respect the game and the players as much as him was a shock to me.

I would not be surprised to see suspension lengths increase 25-33% over the next season or so compared to what they were the last 5 seasons

So, the point of that rant, 3 or 4 would not be a surprise either!

He has a phone hearing, so <5, my guess would be 2 or so.

But I get the feeling from the way the Thornton ordeal went down that the NHLPA lawsuit is going to have Bettman and his minions really cracking down on these kinds of things.

His way of saying "Oh yeah, you want to file suit against me for not protecting you, well this is what you get!"

I easily would have seen Thornton getting 10-12 games, 15 for a first time offender and a guy who tends to respect the game and the players as much as him was a shock to me.

I would not be surprised to see suspension lengths increase 25-33% over the next season or so compared to what they were the last 5 seasons

So, the point of that rant, 3 or 4 would not be a surprise either!

If they wanted to crack down, they would have suspended lupul, so I don't think anything will change. Same crap different day

If they wanted to crack down, they would have suspended lupul, so I don't think anything will change. Same crap different day

Hard to argue with that.

The Wheel of justice keeps on spinning round and round!!!