• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Kyle Quincey/Brendan Smith or Ian White/Carlo Colaiacovo

Rate this topic

Quincey-Smith. Smith is young, has great potential. They've both been better since being split up. White, though right-handed (*swoon*), couldn't crack the Jets' blue line. Colaiacovo, though pretty good, is always injured.

Edited by Dabura

I still think most of Smith's issue are with who he is paired with.

Pair him with Dekeyser and you will see a different player.

Quincey is too offensive minded to play with Smith, hell Lashoff would be a better pairing for Smith.

EDIT: Quincey smith over two complete wastes of roster space.

Edited by Opie

This is a real question?? Wow.

The hatred for Quincey and criticism of Smith has hit a whole new level.

I think the question is posed more as: "While not without problems, isn't Quincey/Smith much easier to digest than the massive mess White/Cola would be?"

I didn't necessarily take it as further criticism of Q or Smith, but rather which paring would you prefer on the team?

Edited by e_prime

I think the question is posed more as: "While not without problems, isn't Quincey/Smith much easier to digest than the massive mess White/Cola would be?"

I didn't necessarily take it as further criticism of Q or Smith.

I'm not sure how it isn't criticism to be compared to Cola and White. lol But I see what you're saying.

did you just say quincey is offensive minded ......................

I didn't say offensively skilled!

They both play a very similar style of game, neither is a stay at home d-man, so yes Quincey is too offensive minded to be paired with Smith!

I didn't say offensively skilled!

They both play a very similar style of game, neither is a stay at home d-man, so yes Quincey is too offensive minded to be paired with Smith!

Quincey and Smith are both higher risk players. That's really the only similarity. They have very different styles to their game.

This is a tough question and a good topic. Kudos to the OP. Quincey and Smith definitely have the higher ceiling and more potential, but they're so flagrantly boneheaded I find myself at a loss for words at times. Colaiacovo and White were often overmatched physically, but they didn't make poor decisions the way Quincey and Smith do. So for a career I'd take Quincey and Smith, for a single playoff series this year I'd take White and Colaiacovo. Also depends on the size of the team we're playing. A smaller, faster, team and I'd definitely take White and Colaiacovo, a bigger and slower team would be better served with Quincey and Smith.

Edited by kipwinger

I would choose Smith/Quincey because Smith is the best player out of the four by far.

That being said, I would rather have Colaiacovo over Quincey. Cola moved the puck well the three games he was healthy and the Red Wings defense lacks that skill overall.

I disagree. Smith has the highest potential of all four, but he's not the best player (yet). Smith gets absolutely exposed every time he plays against speedier teams. Remember that game a couple of weeks ago against Nashville? The one where Mike Fisher absolutely owned Smith so badly that they did a montage of it during the broadcast? That's Mike Fischer mind you, not some superstar and he ended the night with a goal and two assists. Smith and Quincey are AWFUL against a moderate forecheck. So again, against a slower, bigger, team then maybe they'd be the better choice. But against a team that forechecks, White and Colaiacovo are far and away the better option as far as retrieving the puck and getting it up ice to the forwards.

Quincey and Smith are both higher risk players. That's really the only similarity. They have very different styles to their game.

So Quincey is a stay at home defenseman in your opinion then?

Or is Smith?