• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

@TheHockeyNews: The Czechs again overlooked Jiri Hudler and Radim Vrbata in favor of Martin Erat. Here's one theory why. http://t.co/9wXddzUaom

I don't buy it.  I think they're basing it entirely on past performances.  Hence Cervenka in the top 6 and Nedved on the team.

I do agree they chose Erat because they believe he's a better defensive player and skater and he will play in the bottom 6.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

@TheHockeyNews: The Czechs again overlooked Jiri Hudler and Radim Vrbata in favor of Martin Erat. Here's one theory why. http://t.co/9wXddzUaom

“His decision not to include Barta was a shock,” Barta said.

This whole thing has me wondering if the Czech Republic is even a real place.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

This whole thing has me wondering if the Czech Republic is even a real place.

BottleOfSmoke also noticed that Barta said that about Barta, and BottleOfSmoke lol'd at her desk.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 04 February 2014 - 02:08 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger