• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dat's sick

Team Sweden roster announced

Rate this topic

Goalies:

1 Jhonas Enroth, 25, Buffalo, 1.

30 Henrik Lundqvist, 31, New York Rangers, 3.

50 Jonas Gustavsson, 29, Detroit, 2.

Defensemen:

3 Oliver Ekman-Larsson, 22, Phoenix, 1.

4 Niklas Hjalmarsson, 26, Chicago, 1.

7 Henrik Tallinder, 34, Buffalo, 2.

23 Alexander Edler, 27, Vancouver, 1.

27 Johnny Oduya, 32, Chicago, 2.

52 Jonathan Ericsson, 29, Detroit, 1.

55 Niklas Kronwall, 32, Detroit, 3.

65 Erik Karlsson, 23, Ottawa, 1.

Forwards:

11 Daniel Alfredsson, 41, Detroit

14 Patrik Berglund, 25, St Louis

16 Marcus Krüger, 23, Chicago

18 Jakob Silfverberg, 23, Anaheim

19 Nicklas Bäckström, 26, Washington

20 Alexander Steen, 29, St Louis

21 Loui Eriksson, 28, Boston

22 Daniel Sedin, 33, Vancouver

33 Henrik Sedin, 33, Vancouver

40 Henrik Zetterberg, 33, Detroit

42 Jimmie Ericsson, 33, Skellefteå

62 Carl Hagelin, 25, New York Rangers

92 Gabriel Landeskog, 21, Colorado

93 Johan Franzén, 34, Detroit

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=24781&navid=nhl:topheads

Edited by dat's sick

This is a really good roster, but I can see them getting upset by another really skilled Euro squad. Someone like Finland or Russia could steal one against Sweden because it looks like they'll be goalfests with this defense.

Is Victor Hedman really not better than any of those defenseman?

Isn't he still injured? That could be why.

Edit: Nevermind, he's back from injury. And apparently lighting it up since his return. So your question definitely a good one.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest Crymson

Their defense safe for OEL and Kronner lacks stay at home defenders, other than that a very good roster, they should medal for sure.

So happy for the Monster, well deserved

I believe you mean Ericsson, not Kronwall.

Didn't see this posted anywhere else: Jurco and Tatar are both on the Slovak roster.

That makes 10 Red Wings going to Sochi. I think.

Datsyuk

Howard

Zetterberg

Alfredsson

Franzen

Kronwall

Ericsson

Monster

Jurco

Tatar

I almost wish that they'd have zero, so that they'd be healthier upon the end of the Olympic break.

It was also confirmed that Zetterberg will be wearing the C, with Kronwall and Henrik Sedin the Assistants.

I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by the team. They didn't just take the 'best' players like Team Sweden has had a tendency to do, they've actually thought about everyone's roles and it makes sense. I obviously would have liked to see Nyquist, and it seems he was one of the last players to get cut, and Zibanejad would have been a more offensive choice than Berglund or Kruger but overall I think this is a great team on paper.

Is Victor Hedman really not better than any of those defenseman?

2 things working against Hedman: Kronwall/Ericsson and Hjalmarsson/Oduya are established pairings which helps in a short tournament with little time to build chemistry. And Hedman has some really bad performances for the national team in the past.

Tallinder is not going to play very much and is brought along as a character guy. Edler is the guy I'd cut for Hedman/Brodin but he has been good for Mårts in the past.

I believe you mean Ericsson, not Kronwall.

I almost wish that they'd have zero, so that they'd be healthier upon the end of the Olympic break.

Nope I think, if Kronner doesn't need to play the QB PP role he will and should focus on his shutdown role. Let Karlsson be the QB and focus more on the defensive duties. Having said that it's almost unreal how much weaker their defense is looking without the perfect human.

Nope I think, if Kronner doesn't need to play the QB PP role he will and should focus on his shutdown role. Let Karlsson be the QB and focus more on the defensive duties. Having said that it's almost unreal how much weaker their defense is looking without the perfect human.

OEL, Ericsson, Hjalmarsson are the stay-at-home guys. Karlsson, Kronwall, Oduya the offensive guys. Pretty simple. Of course Kronner is still great defensively.