• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dat's sick

Team Sweden roster announced

Rate this topic

OEL, Ericsson, Hjalmarsson are the stay-at-home guys. Karlsson, Kronwall, Oduya the offensive guys. Pretty simple. Of course Kronner is still great defensively.

I've always thought OEL is a total PMD. And that Oduya would be typical stay-at-home D. Guess EA Sports can fool you...

I've always thought OEL is a total PMD. And that Oduya would be typical stay-at-home D. Guess EA Sports can fool you...

And you would be correct. Oduya is a stay at home guy and Larsson is a puck mover. However, to be fair Larsson plays a real good good two-way game so it's a little unfair to call him a PMD considering he's grown beyond that, but that's definitely what he started as. Oduya conversely has never been known to consistently produce any kind of offense and has never really been expected to.

I'll obviously be rooting for team usa (being american) but being a detroit native, wings fan, and so many wings on team sweden, i'll also be rooting for them.

I think itll be sweden, canada, russia, with the US not even earning a medal.

I'll obviously be rooting for team usa (being american) but being a detroit native, wings fan, and so many wings on team sweden, i'll also be rooting for them.

I think itll be sweden, canada, russia, with the US not even earning a medal.

Don't be too sure. Canada and Sweden are good, but the USA is better than 2010 and we didn't look too shabby then. Russia won't even medal. Every year everyone thinks they'll place because of their forward corps, but in reality they've only got like 4 or 5 quality forwards with shaky goaltending and a horrible defense.

The US team has a little less scoring than Canada or Sweden, but is faster than both, grittier than both, and as good or better defensively than both. Plus our goaltending is studly right now. Don't sleep on the Americans, lean and mean baby.

Yeah, there pretty much isn't a better indicator of how interesting, intelligent, open-minded, or stable you are then getting a "I like your post" vote on LGW.

Keep striking those chords brother.

If you post the same opinion over and over, people begin to believe that you don't even believe what your posting. It's a slippery slope.

Yeah, there pretty much isn't a better indicator of how interesting, intelligent, open-minded, or stable you are then getting a "I like your post" vote on LGW.

Keep striking those chords brother.

If you post the same opinion over and over, people begin to believe that you don't even believe what your posting. It's a slippery slope.

I fail to see the problem. I responded to someone else, and they liked what I said. I'm just not really sure what you're bothered about? Also, perhaps the reason you're seeing so much Olympic talk from me is because there are currently three different Olympic threads that are active.

So again, if you object so anything I'm saying then by all means stop reading and responding to it. Or not so subtly denigrate me on a personal level like you did above. That's pretty cool too.

Canada-Sucks.png

esteef

Awwww shiiiiiit man. You shouldn't have done that. You even know who you're messing with? Do you have any idea what they'll do to you? Can you even imagine the kind of hell they will bring you? Prepare to meet your maker! Prepare to face fear itself! There is only terror! Fear it! Fear them! DOOOOOOM!

sid4.jpg

Awwww shiiiiiit man. You shouldn't have done that. You even know who you're messing with? Do you have any idea what they'll do to you? Can you even imagine the kind of hell they will bring you? Prepare to meet your maker! Prepare to face fear itself! There is only terror! Fear it! Fear them! DOOOOOOM!

sid4.jpg

OMG it's an Orc!!!!!!

Sweden will be good as long as Lundqvist holds up. Dunno how I feel about so many Wings going to the Olympics, but it worked for Chicago in 2010 right. And for the record, even if it's just two weeks, you Americans don't know how hard it is to cheer for Sid and Toews at the same time :lol:

Sweden will be good as long as Lundqvist holds up. Dunno how I feel about so many Wings going to the Olympics, but it worked for Chicago in 2010 right. And for the record, even if it's just two weeks, you Americans don't know how hard it is to cheer for Sid and Toews at the same time :lol:

<- American. Last Olympics was Babcock's and more importantly Yzerman's first time managing the Canadian roster. A huge part of me wanted them to get gold, especially with the added pressure of Canada hosting the games. A slightly bigger part of me was rooting for USA though, and it was painful that that meant rooting for Yzerman to fail as a first-time GM.