• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dat's sick

Team Sweden roster announced

Rate this topic

There are shootouts, right? Or is it just in the first round or two?

What if Sweden faces the USA for Gold...and it goes to a shootout...and Miller and Quick are injured...and Jimmy Howard is in net? Does the universe implode or explode?

There are shootouts, right? Or is it just in the first round or two?

What if Sweden faces the USA for Gold...and it goes to a shootout...and Miller and Quick are injured...and Jimmy Howard is in net? Does the universe implode or explode?

I think in that scenario Jimmy stands tall. There's no way he lets down the Stars and Bars like that.

team USA all the way but count me in as well as rooting for Sweden as my 2nd team.

I find this Roster to be the best on paper IMO.

It is a very good roster but their defense to me doesn't seem to be that good, especially compared to the very good Canadian one. Would have prefered Hedman or Murray over Oduya.

In the coming 4 years let's hope Nyquist is going to play his way onto that way.

This is a really good roster, but I can see them getting upset by another really skilled Euro squad. Someone like Finland or Russia could steal one against Sweden because it looks like they'll be goalfests with this defense.

I personally think that Tallinder is getting old and slow and his spot should have gone to Hedman who has become a top tier Dman in this league.

Personally I'm picking Sweden for gold at the moment, (along with preying no one gets injured), with Canada/Russia fighting it out for silver/bronze.

One things for sure, I'm bloody well excited for it now!

Gold - Sweden

Silver - Canada

Bronze - USA over Russia

As long as the stars align and those are the medal games.

I personally think that Tallinder is getting old and slow and his spot should have gone to Hedman who has become a top tier Dman in this league.

Gold - Sweden

Silver - Canada

Bronze - USA over Russia

As long as the stars align and those are the medal games.

I agree with you, I have no idea why Hedman isn't on the roster. I can only assume that it's because he was injured up until recently. As for Tallinder, I'd be really surprised if he ever hit the ice. He's got to be the depth d-man. If he actually plays I'll be amazed.

Hedman was pretty awful in the world cup back in 2012 and Tallinder was great when Sweden won the world cup in 2013 so that's probably the main reason plus Tallinder is a great leader in the locker room and a good shutdown guy.

Even if Hedman did make it he'd be a 6th, 7th guy at best and wouldn't get many minutes so his not being there won't affect the team much anyway.

Hedman was pretty awful in the world cup back in 2012 and Tallinder was great when Sweden won the world cup in 2013 so that's probably the main reason plus Tallinder is a great leader in the locker room and a good shutdown guy.

Even if Hedman did make it he'd be a 6th, 7th guy at best and wouldn't get many minutes so his not being there won't affect the team much anyway.

Good point but with guys like Z, Sedins and Alfie do they really need even more leadership?

I honestly don't know, and I'm too lazy to look, but is Sweden's roster noticeably different than it was in 2010? How is it better (if it is)?

It's not fundamentally different up front. A bit better this year due to Landeskog/Steen/Hagelin giving us better depth. Defense has Kronwall, Oduya and Tallinder returning. It's stronger this year with OEL, Karlsson, Hjalmarsson and Ericsson replacing Enstrom, Murray, Ohlund and Magnus Johansson. Obviously no Lidstrom and Forsberg, but they weren't in their prime 2010 anyway. Lundqvist and Gustavsson are returning.

Biggest difference should be coaching. When we lost against Slovakia in the quarters 2010 every line played 10-15 minutes. This time we have a coach who understands the big guys need 20 minutes of icetime to be at their best.

It's not fundamentally different up front. A bit better this year due to Landeskog/Steen/Hagelin giving us better depth. Defense has Kronwall, Oduya and Tallinder returning. It's stronger this year with OEL, Karlsson, Hjalmarsson and Ericsson replacing Enstrom, Murray, Ohlund and Magnus Johansson. Obviously no Lidstrom and Forsberg, but they weren't in their prime 2010 anyway. Lundqvist and Gustavsson are returning.

Biggest difference should be coaching. When we lost against Slovakia in the quarters 2010 every line played 10-15 minutes. This time we have a coach who understands the big guys need 20 minutes of icetime to be at their best.

Hey thanks for the info, good post. Yeah, I can see that the defense is definitely quite a lot better than it was a few years ago. I assumed most of those guys had played in 2010, but it looks like I've credited some of these guys with having more time in the league than they actually do.

Anyway, they're definitely a really skilled hockey club. No team is perfect, and while for my taste I'd like a team a little grittier, I don't think there's a perfect recipe for winning the Olympics and Sweden probably has as good as shot as Canada and the USA and better than everyone else.

Guest RyaN_84

i hope for a sweden vs canada final.

i wouldn't mind if sweden takes gold.
but with Canada's roster, they are winning the gold.

usa with their roster wont even medal.
Norway > USA
Germany > USA
Switzerland > USA

i hope for a sweden vs canada final.

i wouldn't mind if sweden takes gold.

but with Canada's roster, they are winning the gold.

usa with their roster wont even medal.

Norway > USA

Germany > USA

Switzerland > USA

While the US seems to have managed its selection quite irrationally and seems to have made an unnecessary public spectacle out of things, (not necessarily because of Scott Burnside's inside coverage, I'm mainly referring to the fact that the players found out they got picked for the team on TV!!!!!! As opposed to Team Canada, where Stevie Y phoned the guys who did and didn't make it….) they are still a good, gritty team that will compete for a medal (not gold, I say bronze). To say they are worse than Norway, Germany and Switzerland is crazy.

Edited by wings4thecup06

Guest RyaN_84

While the US seems to have managed its selection quite irrationally and seems to have made an unnecessary public spectacle out of things, (not necessarily because of Scott Burnside's inside coverage, I'm mainly referring to the fact that the players found out they got picked for the team on TV!!!!!! As opposed to Team Canada, where Stevie Y phoned the guys who did and didn't make it….) they are still a good, gritty team that will compete for a medal (not gold, I say bronze). To say they are worse than Norway, Germany and Switzerland is crazy.

lol i know

just trolling :)