• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Yeah, there pretty much isn't a better indicator of how interesting, intelligent, open-minded, or stable you are then getting a "I like your post" vote on LGW.

Keep striking those chords brother.

If you post the same opinion over and over, people begin to believe that you don't even believe what your posting. It's a slippery slope.

I fail to see the problem.  I responded to someone else, and they liked what I said.  I'm just not really sure what you're bothered about?  Also, perhaps the reason you're seeing so much Olympic talk from me is because there are currently three different Olympic threads that are active. 

So again, if you object so anything I'm saying then by all means stop reading and responding to it.  Or not so subtly denigrate me on a personal level like you did above.  That's pretty cool too.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#42 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Canada-Sucks.png

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#43 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Canada-Sucks.png

esteef

Awwww shiiiiiit man.  You shouldn't have done that.  You even know who you're messing with?  Do you have any idea what they'll do to you?  Can you even imagine the kind of hell they will bring you?  Prepare to meet your maker!  Prepare to face fear itself!  There is only terror!  Fear it!  Fear them! DOOOOOOM!

sid4.jpg

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#44 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Awwww shiiiiiit man.  You shouldn't have done that.  You even know who you're messing with?  Do you have any idea what they'll do to you?  Can you even imagine the kind of hell they will bring you?  Prepare to meet your maker!  Prepare to face fear itself!  There is only terror!  Fear it!  Fear them! DOOOOOOM!

sid4.jpg

OMG it's an Orc!!!!!!

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#45 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

OMG it's an Orc!!!!!!

Dude, Sidney Crosby "sh*t-barking" is nowhere near as intimidating as an orc. 

#46 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Wow that dude just brings cheer and a pleasant vibe to every single thread he is in...

#47 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

Sweden will be good as long as Lundqvist holds up. Dunno how I feel about so many Wings going to the Olympics, but it worked for Chicago in 2010 right. And for the record, even if it's just two weeks, you Americans don't know how hard it is to cheer for Sid and Toews at the same time :lol:

#NOMOREKINDL

#48 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

...uh ya, because we as Americans are forced to cheer for the likes of Patrick Kane and Ryan Kelser...neither of which compare to Cindy, but puke none-the-less...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#49 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Sweden will be good as long as Lundqvist holds up. Dunno how I feel about so many Wings going to the Olympics, but it worked for Chicago in 2010 right. And for the record, even if it's just two weeks, you Americans don't know how hard it is to cheer for Sid and Toews at the same time :lol:

<- American. Last Olympics was Babcock's and more importantly Yzerman's first time managing the Canadian roster. A huge part of me wanted them to get gold, especially with the added pressure of Canada hosting the games. A slightly bigger part of me was rooting for USA though, and it was painful that that meant rooting for Yzerman to fail as a first-time GM.

#50 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

Go USA and Go Sweden!!!

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#51 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

There are shootouts, right? Or is it just in the first round or two?

What if Sweden faces the USA for Gold...and it goes to a shootout...and Miller and Quick are injured...and Jimmy Howard is in net? Does the universe implode or explode?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#52 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Canada-Sucks.png

esteef

The front-runner for the most despicable, cowardly post of the 2014 season.

#53 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

team USA all the way  but count me in as well as rooting for Sweden as my 2nd team. 

I find this Roster to be the best on paper IMO. 

#54 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

There are shootouts, right? Or is it just in the first round or two?

What if Sweden faces the USA for Gold...and it goes to a shootout...and Miller and Quick are injured...and Jimmy Howard is in net? Does the universe implode or explode?

I think in that scenario Jimmy stands tall.  There's no way he lets down the Stars and Bars like that.

#55 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

team USA all the way  but count me in as well as rooting for Sweden as my 2nd team. 

I find this Roster to be the best on paper IMO. 

It is a very good roster but their defense to me doesn't seem to be that good, especially compared to the very good Canadian one. Would have prefered Hedman or Murray over Oduya.

In the coming 4 years let's hope Nyquist is going to play his way onto that way.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#56 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

This is a really good roster, but I can see them getting upset by another really skilled Euro squad.  Someone like Finland or Russia could steal one against Sweden because it looks like they'll be goalfests with this defense.

I personally think that Tallinder is getting old and slow and his spot should have gone to Hedman who has become a top tier Dman in this league.

Personally I'm picking Sweden for gold at the moment, (along with preying no one gets injured), with Canada/Russia fighting it out for silver/bronze. 

One things for sure, I'm bloody well excited for it now! 

Gold - Sweden

Silver - Canada

Bronze - USA over Russia

As long as the stars align and those are the medal games.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#57 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

I personally think that Tallinder is getting old and slow and his spot should have gone to Hedman who has become a top tier Dman in this league.

Gold - Sweden

Silver - Canada

Bronze - USA over Russia

As long as the stars align and those are the medal games.

I agree with you, I have no idea why Hedman isn't on the roster.  I can only assume that it's because he was injured up until recently.  As for Tallinder, I'd be really surprised if he ever hit the ice.  He's got to be the depth d-man.  If he actually plays I'll be amazed.

#58 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Honestly, Sweden's only slight weakness seems to be goaltending. But not so weak that it should hinder them much. I'll be surprised if the Swedes don't get the gold.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#59 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

I honestly don't know, and I'm too lazy to look, but is Sweden's roster noticeably different than it was in 2010?  How is it better (if it is)?

#60 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Hedman was pretty awful in the world cup back in 2012 and Tallinder was great when Sweden won the world cup in 2013 so that's probably the main reason plus Tallinder is a great leader in the locker room and a good shutdown guy.

Even if Hedman did make it he'd be a 6th, 7th guy at best and wouldn't get many minutes so his not being there won't affect the team much anyway.