• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Look who's top in GR scoring

Rate this topic

http://griffinscentral.com/articles/012014.html

Interesting to see whose on the top of the list and who should be getting an NHL call up

Great to see Mitch doing so well.

However that list is stupidass.

Jarnkrok with a C+? Come on. Sure the kid's offensive stats are underwhelming but Blashill plays him in every situation and he's centering the top line.

Edited by rick zombo

Ferraro has never generated any real excitement among scouts or anyone other than fans. I don't follow prospects super-close, but I do know aside from his draft-day, there's been very little hype and a lot of criticism. I've never really heard anyone seriously suggest he was ever going to make the Wings.

I'm sure Callahan will get his chance, though. They're just focused on trying to get a stable core of young guns, and we've already called up so many.

Ferraro has never generated any real excitement among scouts or anyone other than fans. I don't follow prospects super-close, but I do know aside from his draft-day, there's been very little hype and a lot of criticism. I've never really heard anyone seriously suggest he was ever going to make the Wings.

I'm sure Callahan will get his chance, though. They're just focused on trying to get a stable core of young guns, and we've already called up so many.

I think you're being a little harsh on Ferraro. He definitely wasn't an exciting pick when they took him, and he has struggled with injuries for much of his AHL career, but he really broke through last season and looked good. There was a lot of talk last season about him finally taking the next step in his development, particularly in terms of developing his two-way game. While nobody has ever spoke of him playing a top six role in Detroit, as of a year ago he was considered a lock for a future bottom six spot.

Having said that, the rapid development of Sheahan and Glendening, along with Babs' man crush on the latter may mean that Ferraro has been leap frogged.

Not that any of you will believe me, but a buddy of mine who bartends in GR had a convo with Ferraro about a week ago. Ferraro told him that he doesn't expect to stay with Detroit. Basically that there's too many guys in front of him.

Been saying that for a while just too many guys ahead of him ...if say sheahan and Callahan cause of his style of play will make the team and in a few yrs we potentially got jurco jarnkrok pulkkinen janmark ... Just no room , wouldn't be surprised to see him in some package deal at the deadline

Great to see Mitch doing so well.

However that list is stupidass.

Jarnkrok with a C+? Come on. Sure the kid's offensive stats are underwhelming but Blashill plays him in every situation and he's centering the top line.

Do you watch GR? Hes deserving of that grade. Like you said, as top line center he should be producing buts hes been anemic in the offensive zone.

I know Callahan has had a great year so far but just to compare. Playing on the 3rd and fourth lines with little PP time Callahan has one less goal than Jarnkrok has points. And this is with Jarnkrok playing on the top line and getting all the PP time with great players. C+ is definitely fair

Do you watch GR? Hes deserving of that grade. Like you said, as top line center he should be producing buts hes been anemic in the offensive zone.

I know Callahan has had a great year so far but just to compare. Playing on the 3rd and fourth lines with little PP time Callahan has one less goal than Jarnkrok has points. And this is with Jarnkrok playing on the top line and getting all the PP time with great players. C+ is definitely fair

The subjectivity of these grades are wonky. Nestrasil gets a "B" because he's good at faceoffs and his defensive game is improving? Jarkrok get's a C+ even though he's better at both of those things than Nestrasil is. I get that they are comparing performance vs potential/expected play and that Nestrasil might be exceeding expectations a bit (for once in his career). But to a casual fan, looking at those grades, you would think Nestrasil was the better and more important player to his team, and that's just not true.

The subjectivity of these grades are wonky. Nestrasil gets a "B" because he's good at faceoffs and his defensive game is improving? Jarkrok get's a C+ even though he's better at both of those things than Nestrasil is. I get that they are comparing performance vs potential/expected play and that Nestrasil might be exceeding expectations a bit (for once in his career). But to a casual fan, looking at those grades, you would think Nestrasil was the better and more important player to his team, and that's just not true.

The grades are clearly explained and I have no problem with most of them.

I think he rated McCollum a bit high and Tootoo a bit low but otherwise he's spot on, especially in saying Mitch should get a call up.

The grades are clearly explained and I have no problem with most of them.

I think he rated McCollum a bit high and Tootoo a bit low but otherwise he's spot on, especially in saying Mitch should get a call up.

I think I might have rated Sheahan a bit higher as well. He was starting to turn it up right before his call up and its carried over to the wings as well

Not only do I log onto LGW at least once per day and have never heard Callahan referred to as Dirty Harry, but LGW isn't meant to cater exclusively to hardcore forum posters. Nicknames are supposed to make it easier to discuss the team, not to prove how funny and clever you are. Making up nicknames that no one else usesis obnoxious and unnecessary. Watch...

It looks likeYellow Mustard is going to miss some time after catching that elbow last night against the Sabres. Its really bad timing too, because our defense already thin with Big Poppa out with a concussion and Bandit serving his 5 game suspension. I would say this forces us to call up someone from GR, most likely Billy the Kid or The Player Formerly Known As Steve. We might be in trouble on the back end until we get some regulars back, since this leaves the Boogeyman as our #1 defenseman. And you know what that means!!!!

Boogeyman - Hot Topic

Heebie Jeebies - Dances with Wolves

My Little Pony - Agent Orange

~&~(The Player Formerly Known As Steve)

Can you find anything dumber to throw a hissy fit about? Just because you haven't heard the nickname doesn't mean others haven't been using it. I've seen him called that since he was drafted.

I think Dirty Harry is going to be a fine agitator in the NHL. Just don't expect a ton of offense or 10 fights a year.

Edited by DickieDunn

Can you find anything dumber to throw a hissy fit about? Just because you haven't heard the nickname doesn't mean others haven't been using it. I've seen him called that since he was drafted.I think Dirty Harry is going to be a fine agitator in the NHL. Just don't expect a ton of offense or 10 fights a year.

It was a legitimate complaint, it would be courteous to put somewhere in the post his actual name. I didn't know who it was. Not the biggest deal in the world though.

Can you find anything dumber to throw a hissy fit about? Just because you haven't heard the nickname doesn't mean others haven't been using it. I've seen him called that since he was drafted.I think Dirty Harry is going to be a fine agitator in the NHL. Just don't expect a ton of offense or 10 fights a year.

It was a legitimate complaint, it would be courteous to put somewhere in the post his actual name. I didn't know who it was. Not the biggest deal in the world though.

So say it that way, or just ask who is that. Don't post an anti-nickname diatribe where you make crap up.

Can you find anything dumber to throw a hissy fit about? Just because you haven't heard the nickname doesn't mean others haven't been using it. I've seen him called that since he was drafted. I think Dirty Harry is going to be a fine agitator in the NHL. Just don't expect a ton of offense or 10 fights a year.

You know, I was thinking about our situation today and we might not be as bad off as it seems. Here are a couple options that I see:
1) Convert Waka Flocka Chewbacca from the wing to defense. He's a big guy and I could see him being a good net clearing presence until Big Poppa gets back.
2) Make a trade. We don't have a ton of tradeable assets right now, but maybe General Tso's Chicken could pull a rabbit out of his hat. I'm thinking we could package together Destiny's Child and Can't-stop-thinkin-bout-that-girl-I-banged-in-Starbucks-bathroom-kinda-wish-I-got-her-number-espesh-cause-now-it-burns-when-I-pee-oh-well-hope-its-chillz for an elite puck moving defenseman, maybe someone like Hello Kitty.
3) If all else fails it might be time to come up with some new nicknames for the team I mean how can the team be expected to perform at an elite level with old nicknames, sometimes I feel like I have to think of everything shesh...
Tigerpenis - Bed, Bath & Beyond - (Sound of nails on chalkboard)
Crazy Legs - #16andpregnant - Grande Half-Calf Extra-Shot Extra-Hot Extra-Whip Sugar-Free Caramel Macchiato
Katherine Heigl's Taint - Dirty Diaper Full Of Hot Indian Food - Hair Club For Men
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Great Odin's Raven - Mud Butt
Velveeta
Hello Kitty - Hot Topic
I Know What You Did Last Summer - Waka Flocka Chewbacca
My Little Pony - Dances With Wolves
~&~ (The Player Formerly Known As Steve)
The Orthodontist
Mrs. Doubtfire

You know, I was thinking about our situation today and we might not be as bad off as it seems. Here are a couple options that I see:

1) Convert Waka Flocka Chewbacca from the wing to defense. He's a big guy and I could see him being a good net clearing presence until Big Poppa gets back.

2) Make a trade. We don't have a ton of tradeable assets right now, but maybe General Tso's Chicken could pull a rabbit out of his hat. I'm thinking we could package together Destiny's Child and Can't-stop-thinkin-bout-that-girl-I-banged-in-Starbucks-bathroom-kinda-wish-I-got-her-number-espesh-cause-now-it-burns-when-I-pee-oh-well-hope-its-chillz for an elite puck moving defenseman, maybe someone like Hello Kitty.

3) If all else fails it might be time to come up with some new nicknames for the team I mean how can the team be expected to perform at an elite level with old nicknames, sometimes I feel like I have to think of everything shesh...

Crazy Legs - #16andpregnant - Grande Half-Calf Extra-Shot Extra-Hot Extra-Whip Sugar-Free Caramel Macchiato

Katherine Heigl's Taint - Dirty Diaper Full Of Hot Indian Food - Hair Club For Men

Velveeta

Hello Kitty - Hot Topic

The Orthodontist

Mrs. Doubtfire

Dude General Tso's Chicken isn't going to move Destiny's Child, especially cuz Suit n Tie McFly has such a hard-on for him.

Dude General Tso's Chicken isn't going to move Destiny's Child, especially cuz Suit n Tie McFly has such a hard-on for him.

You have to give something of value in order to get something good back. No one's gonna take MC Salty Nuts and Coke Zero for their star players... Plus, don't forget that we have Teen Wolf tearing it up in GR and out of options next year!

They have 9 spots locked up, leaving 5 forward spots open. I would be surprised if Sheahan and Callahan are not on the team next year. I'd be even more surprised if at least one free agent wasn't signed, whether that's Alfredsson, one of the other current Wings, or someone from outside the organization, and I expect 2 free agent signings up front. Andersson will probably stick on the roster, but he could be beaten out. Jurco could make a push, especially if they only sign one free agent. That puts Ferraro and Glendening firmly on the bubble, probably pushed out, and I don't think either will be claimed if they are waived.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-UFA

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Tatar-Helm-UFA/Jurco/Abdelkader/???

Miller-???-Abdelkader/???

Sheahan, Callahan, Andersson, Ferraro, Glendening fighting it out for the 4th line center, 2 reserve spots, and maybe a 3rd or 4th line wing position.

Velveeta
Hello Kitty - Hot Topic
The Orthodontist
Mrs. Doubtfire

Well played sir, well played :lol: