Pavelski - Thornton - Burns

Nieto - Marleau - Wingels

Kearns - Desjardins - Kennedy

Sheppard - McCarthy - Brown

Boyle - Vlasic

Braun - Stuart

Hannan - Demers

Niemi

Sorry the GDT is generic looking today, I just got the info that one needed to be posted up and i'm about to head out the door. It's not up to my usual quality standard but I wanted to get something up here.

Go Wings, beat the Sharks tonight!!

Me too, been amped for this one all week, especially after the Stars game. Eagerly wanting to see if we're up to snuff against the Cali teams. Shame that Helm nor Pavel won't be in tonight though.

Anybody thinking this will be a repeat of the last meeting at the Joe (Hopefully with a better outcome!)?

Edited by wings4thecup06

Ouch at the lines. We're really hurting with Pav, Helm and Mule out and no Jurco either.

Glad to see Dekeyser in. Don't understand why they don't bench Kindl/Quincey and give Marchenko another game though. Got a feeling he could be an upgrade, especially since he'd give us a right-handed shot.

Ouch, those forward lines are absolutely horrendous. Why isn't Jurco still up to add some offensive punch with Pavel out? That second line would be an average fourth line.

Glad DeKeyser is back at least. Z is probably going to have to take over this game if the Red Wings have any chance to win.

Tatar won't be on the 3rd for long - i see the 2nd line becoming Miller-Abby-Tatar. Bert is gonna be exposed in this game - he has no D capabilities without Z or Dats and his lines typically get pinned for extended periods. Same goes for Sammy.

We would be far better with 3 lines:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Alfredsson

Miller-Abby-Tatar

Andersson-Glendening-Eaves

Bench/PP use: Bertuzzi, Sammy, Cleary (babs would be butthurt)

is helm out for sure?...heard he was a game time decision.....as for Pavs, babcock said he won't be back anytime soon.....he must have done something during the winter classic but it's odd he went all the way to the shootout in that game with the injury.

terrible news regardless.

is helm out for sure?...heard he was a game time decision.....as for Pavs, babcock said he won't be back anytime soon.....he must have done something during the winter classic but it's odd he went all the way to the shootout in that game with the injury.

terrible news regardless.

According to Ansar Khan, who asked Babcock directly, Helm is out for tonight.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/wings-skating-in-san-jose1

'Babcock confirms Helm is not playing tonight. DeKeyser in for Marchenko. Who will stay with team for the trip'

This game is going to come down to one person and thats Mr Howard. He will need to steal it. His recent play has me optomistic he can. Even if he plays solid this will be a tough one. The Wings need it to be 2-1 to win. Unfotunately I see it more likely going 4-2 Sharks.