• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Did anyone else catch the interview with Holland concerning the Rafi situation? All he kept saying is obviously he has no idea where Rafi is going with it, but they wanted to support him in wanting to play hockey close to home (the arena they said is nearly 5 minutes away from his house). Holland stated that if there was a player to beable to come back at the age of 41 and have a good come-back it would be a puck-moving defensemen such as Rafi. At the same time, he said there's 20-30 year olds out there pushing the pace and he didn't really know. It seemed like Holland wasn't interested in bringing him back to Detroit due to our given situation and deep pipeline, but he wanted to make it happen for Rafi and give him the chance to make it somewhere again.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#42 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

I took this not as a "comeback" comeback, but as him just wanting to play some organized hockey after getting "the itch" during the alumni game. Skating around is fun and all, but it doesn't compare to an organized game. Now he has that in the local ECHL team where he lives.

If that leads him to the AHL or possibly NHL interest, then more power to him. But I wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself content with the local ECHL team.

Edit:

Rafalski said: “I’m not leaving (Florida). I have too many commitments here right now. There are those things that would have to be address. My family is established here with my two boys in school. They’re not going anywhere.”

Edited by roboturner, 10 January 2014 - 05:06 PM.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#43 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

If he wants to be close to home, he's not going to return to thre NHL. Love the guy, but I don't think he'd seriously be competitive in this league anymore. Unless he's been preparing for this since he retired.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#44 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

That was short lived (at least for the time being)

"@TSNBobMcKenzie: Florida Everblades (ECHL) have released Brian Rafalski, who hadn't played since Jan. 18 because of sore back. Team needed roster spot."

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#45 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

That was short lived (at least for the time being)

"@TSNBobMcKenzie: Florida Everblades (ECHL) have released Brian Rafalski, who hadn't played since Jan. 18 because of sore back. Team needed roster spot."

Guess he won't be in the nhl again after all, go figure

#46 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Poor Rafi. No idea why he did this when he wasn't in shape.

#47 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

:(

It's hard when the body gives out before the heart. At least he'll never wonder if he could've done it, he gave it a try and found out.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#48 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

Was it the alumni game that gave him the itch? 

shortest 'come out of retirement' ever ...

Edited by RedWingsRox, 28 January 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#49 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

unfortunate really, i was hoping to hear a story somewhere he was happy playing retired down in florida and was enjoying the beer and sun. GL raffi and stay healthy.