• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

Wings have re-called Sheahan, apparently in need of a center, so are they expecting Cleary to be suspended? 

IMO, Cleary should be suspended for that elbow (and not because of the fact that he's played awful this season - purely because there is no space for that kind of s*** in the game), so here's hoping Sheahan can play well enough to stick around for more than a game or two

http://kuklaskorner....n-his-way-to-la

temp 1

#2 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Yeah no surprise and much needed. I also wouldn't mind seeing some other guys getting the call. 

At this point it couldn't hurt.

#3 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Im with you there, they never should have sent Jurco down because at the time he was playing great and providing a much need spark. I hope it doesn't take a few more horrendous games for something to happen though

temp 1

#4 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

I thought Sheahan looked good with the limited play time he had earlier. Plus with the Wings playing the big-bodied Kings and Ducks a Sheahan should definitely help create more space on the ice.

Edited by wings87, 10 January 2014 - 02:57 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#5 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Good call, while I don't see this move making much of a difference on the score sheet, we need bigger bodies in the lineup against LA and Anaheim, especially if Datsyuk and/or Helm can't go in either game. 

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#6 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

Nice ... How about Callahan and Ferraro??? Those 2 are out of waiver options next year and we should see what they can bring .... I personally think Callahan would fit in real nice here right now and Ferraro has no future here only cause we got to many guys ahead of him

#7 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Nice ... How about Callahan and Ferraro??? Those 2 are out of waiver options next year and we should see what they can bring .... I personally think Callahan would fit in real nice here right now and Ferraro has no future here only cause we got to many guys ahead of him

I was just thinking ithis too.

If we need Grit, and big bodies, Cally would be a good option.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#8 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

Does Cleary even have a hearing scheduled?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#9 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

I think Riley should play the 2nd line center, he looked good last time he was up and I believe had 2 points.

#10 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Does Cleary even have a hearing scheduled?

Not anymore he doesn't, apparently nothing will come of his elbow on Hannan. In other words the league just sent a memo to all the players in the league 'start elbowing guys and we won't do anything about it'.

temp 1

#11 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Not anymore he doesn't, apparently nothing will come of his elbow on Hannan. In other words the league just sent a memo to all the players in the league 'start elbowing guys and we won't do anything about it'.

I don't think they ever scheduled one.

They sent that memo after the Cohen elbow on Dats.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#12 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

Sheahan should never have been sent back down. He occupies so much ice out there and is defensively sound. I think Bab's is starting to see the forest through the trees with the vets

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

automatic W

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting forwards, followed by the filthy dangling of 2 unworthy defenceman, finishing it up by doing "the datsyuk" on his victims. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench ,and then home to his multiple girlfriends back in the motherland.

#14 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

He's in for Sammy. Babcock said he wants 4 natural centers so he can put abdelkader back on wing. read in some article, but too lazy for citation. 

#15 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

Sheahan should never have been sent back down. He occupies so much ice out there and is defensively sound. I think Bab's is starting to see the forest through the trees with the vets

Babs is definitely not a fan of Sammy, but I still think it will take a lot to get Bertuzzi and Cleary out of the lineup on any kind of regular basis. 

#16 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

I hope Sheahan stays up for good. I personally like what he provides as a fourth line center more than Glendening. The Wings could use some more big bodies at forward.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#17 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,011 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

We could use a big body that can actually play, so it's good Sheahan is up and Sammy will sit.

#NOMOREKINDL