• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LAWings

Cleary should be suspended for elbow to head

Rate this topic

So - you're in a public setting - lets say the Joe Louis Arena...A fight breaks out between players on the ice, and a fan nearby you screams out 'kick his f-ing ass'...Now seriously - you'd feel offended, or somehow insulted by such 'lewd' behavior?

I wouldn't be offended in the least, but this isn't about me. This about the type of society in which we want to live. If at your age, you don't see what's wrong with that kind of behavior in a public place, especially one in which children are present, then there's nothing I can do to help you.

As far as decency in bars go, that wasn't the best analogy in my part, but don't equate being a Midwesterner with being crass. I see us in a different light. I see Midwesterners as hardworking, salt of the earth types. We're not Neanderthals.

I hear what you're saying, and agree with you in regards to the overall conduct of people in general, but we're not discussing behavior on the city street are we? No - we're discussing what takes place on the ice at an NHL game; keep in mind the incidents involving Bertuzzi/Moore, and McSorley/Brashear ended up in fines/suspensions, and no time behind bars.

This more or less perpetuates the violence we see at an NHL/AHL game, and as a fan - calling for an opponents head is not out of the ordinary.

Now - if there's a sport/fan base that's outta whack - you do not need to look any further than soccer, and their hooligans...A very good movie was made based from the experience of an American as he followed/supported West Ham United; 'Green Street Hooligans'.

Soccer hooligans make us 'Knuckle Draggers' here at LGW look like a bunch of snot-nosed little punks.

Yea 'soccer' fans (termed football over here) are absolutely ridiculous. They segregate the Home and Away fans at every ground. Ridiculous. Absolutely hate the professional game. But I don't want to get started on a football rant…...

I hear what you're saying, and agree with you in regards to the overall conduct of people in general, but we're not discussing behavior on the city street are we? No - we're discussing what takes place on the ice at an NHL game; keep in mind the incidents involving Bertuzzi/Moore, and McSorley/Brashear ended up in fines/suspensions, and no time behind bars.

This more or less perpetuates the violence we see at an NHL/AHL game, and as a fan - calling for an opponents head is not out of the ordinary.

Now - if there's a sport/fan base that's outta whack - you do not need to look any further than soccer, and their hooligans...A very good movie was made based from the experience of an American as he followed/supported West Ham United; 'Green Street Hooligans'.

Soccer hooligans make us 'Knuckle Draggers' here at LGW look like a bunch of snot-nosed little punks.

Cleary lucky to not get suspended for a clear cheap shot, but the league has set its precedent.

As for the film Green Street....its really not very good....thankfully those days of hooliganism are mostly in the past in the UK (check out Germany/Holland and Eastern Europe for current violence), but trust me, some the old hoolies i've had the dubious pleasure of meeting would have taken about 5 minutes to hospitalise everyone in that film. Really scary psychos a lot of them..

As far as decency in bars go, that wasn't the best analogy in my part, but don't equate being a Midwesterner with being crass. I see us in a different light. I see Midwesterners as hardworking, salt of the earth types. We're not Neanderthals.

Actually, modern genetics has revealed that most people, except those of African descent, have 1-5% or a little more Neanderthal DNA. Speaking of meeting in bars, this prove an old saying was really old. After having a little too much fermented God knows what, all the cave girls DO look prettier at closing time.