• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/11 GDT: Red Wings 3 @ Kings 1

Rate this topic

i said this last season and everyone jumped down my throat.

Oh yeah? Well I started a thread about it last season, so top that :nono:

Edit: While I did start a thread last year, I'm only teasing right now. I realize that this post might look like I'm being a d*ck, but I'm really just screwing around.

Edited by kipwinger

Howard was so good tonight. I hope he can fix whatever's causing his inconsistant play, we need more games like this from him through this period of injuries.

Tomas Tatar is better than Gustav Nyquist. Just sayin'. I'd rather lose Nyquist than Tatar by a country mile.

Is Tatar vs. Nyquist the new Datsyuk vs. Zetterberg?? They're both good. Tats is amazing lately while Nyquist has sort of been slumping. Generally I think Gus is a bit safer and I guess that's why he's getting top line minutes. But Tatar is just a man on a mission everytime he hits the ice. So fun to watch a guy that moves with purpose and has his eye on the net. We are in a good position if these two guys continue improving.

Z, Kronwall and DeKeyser's ice times were :lol: . Gotta play them all a little less so they don't burn out or get injured. Though I'm very impressed with Kronwall. His transition to our #1 Dman was hard when Lids retired and this year he's had to be even more of a leader and he's got 28 points in 42 games and is +6 on a team where he plays almost half the game each night with a lineup that's been in the blender all year.

i think a lot of ppl looked at nyquist and thought intant classic and possibly the next datsyuk im not going to say he wont be but right now head and shoulders tatar is amazing i have always wanted him up and when he had to deal with the whole crap earlier this season with being scratched it disqusted me now that he has proven over and over again his deication maybe babs will realize he deserves quality ice time

Nyquist has really good chemistry with Z, he just needs to bury a couple to get back on the horse. Give Dats Tatar on his wing and I'm sure we'll see the chemistry they had the couple times they played together and then move Franzen and Alfredsson around on the other wings on those lines and you have a pretty dirty top 6 once the team is healthy. I don't care who is better...we have both. It's like comparing Dats and Z.

Amazing effort by everyone tonight. So impressed by Tatar awesome. Makes you think how petty a hockey game is in the grand scheme of things, but Tatar showed up and performed for his father. Awesome win for the team as a whole. I'm not totally back with Jimmy, as I've been burned before this season, but he was very solid in net tonight. Huge win.

the thing that makes me cring about goose is that moment with seabrook last season in the playoffs.......yeash but he is still good

He's definitely good, and that's exactly why I'd trade him. We've got a dearth of playmakers, and his value is still high. I'd move Nyquist + 1st (as a starting point) for one of Winnipeg's big wingers...either Kane or Wheeler (I'd personally rather have Wheeler).

But that's just me.

Z, Kronwall and DeKeyser's ice times were :lol: . Gotta play them all a little less so they don't burn out or get injured. Though I'm very impressed with Kronwall. His transition to our #1 Dman was hard when Lids retired and this year he's had to be even more of a leader and he's got 28 points in 42 games and is +6 on a team where he plays almost half the game each night with a lineup that's been in the blender all year.

Z and Alfie were the two players that had a "maintenance day" yesterday..with Alfie out today, it makes you wonder if Z`s back is giving him trouble again

He's definitely good, and that's exactly why I'd trade him. We've got a dearth of playmakers, and his value is still high. I'd move Nyquist + 1st (as a starting point) for one of Winnipeg's big wingers...either Kane or Wheeler (I'd personally rather have Wheeler).

But that's just me.

i like that idea Kane with Z and Pasha? holy s*** what a 1st line

Unbelievable. Babs just said Jimmy is out for awhile.

This team cannot catch a break.

EDIT: I guess Jimmy is fine to backup tomorrow, so maybe it isn't as serious as Babs made it sound. No telling though given how prolonged injuries seem to become this season.

Edited by GoWings1905

But that's just me.

Wheeler yes, but he's not on the table. Kane, no. He's got a real attitude problem and while he's tough and fast and has a good shot when it hits the net, he takes Bertuzzi penalties all the time and he can't deke worth a damn. He definitely has hammer hands. The Jets are my 2nd favourite team and I want them to trade Kane and Setoguchi.

Sheahan - 6 career games - 1 goal, 3 assists, 4 points, +4 rating. Anyone else like his 200 foot game? Cause I do.

This. I was incredibly impressed by Sheahan's backchecking tonight. That stood out to me more than his goal, but kudos to him for crashing the net. Hell of a (two-way) game for this kid tonight. Atta boy.

Z and Alfie were the two players that had a "maintenance day" yesterday..with Alfie out today, it makes you wonder if Z`s back is giving him trouble again

See him stretch it out on that last faceoff when Carter wouldn't put his stick down? That's another thing that hampers you on draws is the lower back pain. And with over 20 mins TOI, he's gonna feel it and he'll be out of the line up as soon as the other guys are back.

Wheeler yes, but he's not on the table. Kane, no. He's got a real attitude problem and while he's tough and fast and has a good shot when it hits the net, he takes Bertuzzi penalties all the time and he can't deke worth a damn. He definitely has hammer hands. The Jets are my 2nd favourite team and I want them to trade Kane and Setoguchi.

Well, I'll take your word for it because while I've seen them play a little I'm by no means an avid Jets fan. Though I will say that anybody who scores as often as Kane probably shouldn't be described as having "hammer hands".

Well, I'll take your word for it because while I've seen them play a little I'm by no means an avid Jets fan. Though I will say that anybody who scores as often as Kane probably shouldn't be described as having "hammer hands".

He can't deke and his passing is subpar. I like that he shoots a lot, which is the main reason he scores a decent amount. but he's also only had the one 30 goal season. He has a wild shot and he misses high all the time cause of his banana curve. I wouldn't complain if he were a Wing, but he'd get ripped apart here for bad penalties, attitude and missing the net 7 out of 10 times. And this year, he's been taking a lot of games off.

Guest Crymson

He can't deke and his passing is subpar. I like that he shoots a lot, which is the main reason he scores a decent amount. but he's also only had the one 30 goal season. He has a wild shot and he misses high all the time cause of his banana curve. I wouldn't complain if he were a Wing, but he'd get ripped apart here for bad penalties, attitude and missing the net 7 out of 10 times. And this year, he's been taking a lot of games off.

He's also stupid and undisciplined.