• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#221 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

Well, I'll take your word for it because while I've seen them play a little I'm by no means an avid Jets fan.  Though I will say that anybody who scores as often as Kane probably shouldn't be described as having "hammer hands". 

He can't deke and his passing is subpar.  I like that he shoots a lot, which is the main reason he scores a decent amount. but he's also only had the one 30 goal season.  He has a wild shot and he misses high all the time cause of his banana curve.  I wouldn't complain if he were a Wing, but he'd get ripped apart here for bad penalties, attitude and missing the net 7 out of 10 times.  And this year, he's been taking a lot of games off.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#222 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

He can't deke and his passing is subpar.  I like that he shoots a lot, which is the main reason he scores a decent amount. but he's also only had the one 30 goal season.  He has a wild shot and he misses high all the time cause of his banana curve.  I wouldn't complain if he were a Wing, but he'd get ripped apart here for bad penalties, attitude and missing the net 7 out of 10 times.  And this year, he's been taking a lot of games off.

He's also stupid and undisciplined.

#223 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

jeez if jimmys hurt now and Gus is still out who the hell is going to back up Mrazek Mccollum or Coreau?

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#224 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

He's also stupid and undisciplined.

I covered that in the post before about him  :lol: .  See....I'm not the only one who knows about money phone.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#225 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

Beating LA on the road with a seriously depleted roster is an amazing feat

#226 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

I covered that in the post before about him  :lol: .  See....I'm not the only one who knows about money phone.

Yeah, again, I'll take your word for it because I don't watch Winnipeg as often as you clearly do.  And as I said before, I'd definitely prefer Wheeler.  Someone said before that he's not available, and while you can never believe rumor sites 100%, there is a lot of chatter about the Jets listening to offers on Wheeler. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#227 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

Wait, Howard is injured? Hip flexor?

Speechless. Utterly speechless.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#228 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

Yeah but TATAR RULZ!!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#229 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

Wait, Howard is injured? Hip flexor?

Speechless. Utterly speechless.

For real?
I didn't see anything about this

Edited by wingsfan4795, 12 January 2014 - 02:41 AM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#230 ahkmed

ahkmed

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

jimmy is going to be the backup tomorrow..so he`s probably fine
http://kuklaskorner....howards-out-for

#231 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

Damn Howie is such a paradox, flashes of brilliance like this and then followed by games like against the Sharks...my friggen blood pressure!

Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#232 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,911 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

Great game tonight by Jimmy, Tatar and Sheahan.

Feels like they kinda stole this one.

#233 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

461902305_slide.jpg

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#234 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

Sheahan and Tatar show some chemistry, why not keep Sheahan and demote Andersson to fourth line? Send Glendening down.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#235 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

Definitely a tremendous effort by the Wings all round in this one and to steal 2 point on the road is huge. Howie was incredible, Tatar and Sheahan were top notch also. Really hope that Sheahan stays for a little while longer. 

I do think it needs pointing out though how, without Howard's stellar play, the Wings would have been beaten, simply because there were far far too many defensive zone errors - missed opportunities to clear the zone, giveaways in or around the slot etc etc. They really have to sort these out otherwise wins like this will be hard to come by. And it's not just the guys who we love to bash around here making these mistakes - Quincey, Kindl, Samuelsson etc. DeKeyser had one in the 3rd that nearly led to the Kings go ahead goal. Never have I seen stretch where the Wings have looked so sloppy defensively

That said, tremendous effort, and I loved how the Wings didn't back down physically.

Edited by wings4thecup06, 12 January 2014 - 07:49 AM.

temp 1

#236 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

#237 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

461902305_slide.jpg

Tuzzi and Z were so happy for Tatar.  It was very nice to see.  The hug on the bench from the Captain really hit home.

Definitely a tremendous effort by the Wings all round in this one and to steal 2 point on the road is huge. Howie was incredible, Tatar and Sheahan were top notch also. Really hope that Sheahan stays for a little while longer. 

I do think it needs pointing out though how, without Howard's stellar play, the Wings would have been beaten, simply because there were far far too many defensive zone errors - missed opportunities to clear the zone, giveaways in or around the slot etc etc. They really have to sort these out otherwise wins like this will be hard to come by. And it's not just the guys who we love to bash around here making these mistakes - Quincey, Kindl, Samuelsson etc. DeKeyser had one in the 3rd that nearly led to the Kings go ahead goal. Never have I seen stretch where the Wings have looked so sloppy defensively

That said, tremendous effort, and I loved how the Wings didn't back down physically.

The Wings finally did something to help Jimmy out though....instead of screening him and not blocking shots they sold out hard tonight as a team and blocked shots and played physical.  A lot of the shots that got through to Jimmy were tricklers and then he made all the other saves and some of them quite big.  He definitely had to save us on a few boneheaded turnovers.

Sheahan and Tatar show some chemistry, why not keep Sheahan and demote Andersson to fourth line? Send Glendening down.

Glendening has been our best PK guy and he's twice as fast as Andersson and forechecks harder and better than probably anyone not named Helm.  That's an element the Wings also need to keep along with Sheahan.

#238 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

I can't believe we have to play the Ducks now. In their barn. Without Howard (the guy who just made 44 saves and won us this game.) And, probably, without Datsyuk and Alfredsson and Franzen and Helm. I want to believe we have a shot, but I'm not expecting any of our injured players back. And I bet we get an announcement that Z has a broken chin and will be out for three or four months. THIS WIN IS JUST A TEASE. A CRUEL, CRUEL TEASE.

*cries*

(But doesn't really cry, because crying is for sissies. Unless you're Tomas Tatar, in which case it's badass and awesome.)

Edited by Dabura, 12 January 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#239 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

I'd take him. We have enough well-behaved, 200-foot, defense-first, "Aw shucks, ma'am" forwards. We need a power forward, especially with Franzen being 34, Bertuzzi being 98, and Jurco being 12. Wheeler would be great, but he won't be traded under any circumstances (part of their core, wants to be in Winnipeg). Wayne Simmonds has been my pick for awhile, but they really love him here in Philly. I wouldn't mind Pacioretty, maybe for Franzen, Nyquist, and Pulkkinen, or something along those lines. We need more size and speed and gamebreaking scoring ability in our top six. But then, the Habs would say the same.

Edited by Dabura, 12 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#240 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

I'd take him. We have enough well-behaved, 200-foot, defense-first, "Aw shucks, ma'am" forwards. We need a power forward, especially with Franzen being 34, Bertuzzi being 98, Jurco being 12. Wheeler would be great, but he won't be traded under any circumstances (part of their core, wants to be in Winnipeg). Wayne Simmonds has been my pick for awhile, but they really love him here in Philly. I wouldn't mind Pacioretty, maybe for Franzen, Nyquist, and Pulkkinen, or something along those lines. We need more size and speed and gamebreaking scoring ability. Then again, the Habs would say the same.

I love Pacioretty too, but you're right, there's absolutely no friggin' way that Montreal moves him.  I was just throwing names out there anyway, I have no idea who's available and who isn't.  My whole point with mentioning Kane and Wheeler was just to say that Nyquist's value is high, package him with our first (which we don't need since the draft class is weak and we're bleeding quality prospects anyway) and get someone higher end for him.  Plus, you'd still get to keep Tatar, who in spite of Babcock insistence is the better player.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."