• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Winnipeg Jets relieve coach Claude Noel and assistant Perry Pearn

Rate this topic

Not that I think Noel is a great coach, but having Pavelec as your starter will get you fired. Having a mediocre core that only knows losing and a GM that refuses to move any of them might play a role too. Good luck to Maurice, seems like a good guy from his TSN days, but he's got some work to do with Winnipeg.

Rumor site thefourthperiod.com reporting that the Jets are actively shopping Kane and Byfuglien, and listening to calls on Wheeler, Ladd, and Bogosian. Also reporting that their GM has been in discussion with the Wings as well as others.

On the hierarchy of rumor reliability this site ranks somewhere miles above Eklund and just below Aaron Ward. So take it for what it's worth.

Edited by kipwinger

Make the deal for Ladd AND Bfuglien today! Get it done Kenny! Hell, throw Bogosian in as well!

Byfuglien is terrible and Babcock would probably shoot him if he played for our team. However, any of Wheeler, Ladd, or Bogosian would be welcome. I'm curious, if the rumors are true, who we were calling about.

Edited by kipwinger

I wouldn't mind Kane either, k.o.'d matt cooke, fast skater, good hands, k.o.'d matt Cooke.

I was saying this too, that I'd like Kane, and a couple of guys on this forum who watch him a lot more than I do were saying that he's a really dumb player who takes stupid penalties and isn't nearly as good as his stats indicate. I don't know how true that is or isn't, I was only looking at his physical attributes and his stat line.

I was saying this too, that I'd like Kane, and a couple of guys on this forum who watch him a lot more than I do were saying that he's a really dumb player who takes stupid penalties and isn't nearly as good as his stats indicate. I don't know how true that is or isn't, I was only looking at his physical attributes and his stat line.

If Detroit couldn't straighten Kane out, nowhere would.

And we could use our amazing pk while he got in line.

Not that I think Noel is a great coach, but having Pavelec as your starter will get you fired. Having a mediocre core that only knows losing and a GM that refuses to move any of them might play a role too. Good luck to Maurice, seems like a good guy from his TSN days, but he's got some work to do with Winnipeg.

Pavelec is one of the most inconsistent starters in the league. Cheveldayoff needs to go too. You need a 1st line C and you sign Setoguchi....and then proceed to sign everyone possible for the bottom 6.

Kane would be a whipping boy here within 5 games. His attitude and the amount he misses the net is absurd. He has a good shot when he hits the net 3 out of 10 times. Not a good passer or puck handler in the deking sense. Tons of speed and good hitter, but for his cap hit, he's not worth it.

Byfuglien is terrible and Babcock would probably shoot him if he played for our team. However, any of Wheeler, Ladd, or Bogosian would be welcome. I'm curious, if the rumors are true, who we were calling about.

If the rumour is actually true that the Jets are shopping all those guys, Wheeler, Ladd and Bogo are all really good pickups. I'd take Ladd over anyone else as he's a durable guy that has a complete game. He is exactly what the Wings need and I'd definitely trade a hefty pile to get him and Wheeler in a package. I'd say Nyquist, Marchenko, Almqvist, Pulkkinen, Patterson and a 1st. Not sure how many prospects they'd want, but that's what I'd actually be willing to give for Ladd and Wheeler, maybe more.

If the rumour is actually true that the Jets are shopping all those guys, Wheeler, Ladd and Bogo are all really good pickups. I'd take Ladd over anyone else as he's a durable guy that has a complete game. He is exactly what the Wings need and I'd definitely trade a hefty pile to get him and Wheeler in a package. I'd say Nyquist, Marchenko, Almqvist, Pulkkinen, Patterson and a 1st. Not sure how many prospects they'd want, but that's what I'd actually be willing to give for Ladd and Wheeler, maybe more.

I'd do that too, without blinking. Unfortunately, it does nothing to make space cap-wise. You'd be taking on 9M + and all you'd be losing off the books is whatever chicken feed Nyquist makes. Maybe in the offseason, when the cap goes up and we have some useless contracts coming off the books.

No to Nyquist and Patterson... Marchenko, ALmqvist and Pulkkinen I am neither here nor there on...but if you are giving up two D prospects, better have at least one D man coming back...IMO. I think a trade involving Kindl and Quincey is likely, but they won't return us Ladd and Wheeler or Bogo...unless they are padding to a package deal...

No to Nyquist and Patterson... Marchenko, ALmqvist and Pulkkinen I am neither here nor there on...but if you are giving up two D prospects, better have at least one D man coming back...IMO. I think a trade involving Kindl and Quincey is likely, but they won't return us Ladd and Wheeler or Bogo...unless they are padding to a package deal...

Serious? I love Nyquist, but I'd trade him and Patterson both straight up for Wheeler.

Edited by rick zombo

Serious? I love Nyquist, but I'd trade him and Patterson both straight up for Wheeler.

Yeah, there aren't a lot of pieces I wouldn't part with for Wheeler (I'd give a little less for Ladd, but not much less). Seriously, at the trade deadline all I want is Wheeler (or Ladd) and Kulikov. These two and we're a cup team again (provided we're healthy).

Yeah, there aren't a lot of pieces I wouldn't part with for Wheeler (I'd give a little less for Ladd, but not much less). Seriously, at the trade deadline all I want is Wheeler (or Ladd) and Kulikov. These two and we're a cup team again (provided we're healthy).

The problem is: who goes the other way to facilitate cap compliance? High end prospects and picks might get a deal done, but it doesn't help the Wings cap issues (thanks again for Tootoo and Sammy's combined 5M Kenny!!!). I think Wheeler makes roughly 5.3M.

You would keep Franzen on LTIR for the rest of the season and send Quincey packing. That should help out.

If you trade prospects and Quincey away in order to acquire Ladd and Wheeler, you would also have to send Sheahan back down and Eaves on waivers. That gives you a smidge over $1m in cap space with Ladd and Wheeler on the books...If you traded away Kindl in order to acquire Kulikov, you would be left with $927K in cap space...

So, demote both Eaves and Sheahan....trade away Quincey and Kindl and then acquire Ladd, Wheeler and Kulikov somehow and your current roster would look like this: (including the current injured players)

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Tatar

Wheeler - Ladd - Alfredsson

Nyquist - Andersson - Cleary

Miller - Glendening - Abdelkader

Kronwall - Dekeyser

Kulikov - Smith

Marchenko - Lashoff

Edited by LeftWinger

The problem is: who goes the other way to facilitate cap compliance? High end prospects and picks might get a deal done, but it doesn't help the Wings cap issues (thanks again for Tootoo and Sammy's combined 5M Kenny!!!). I think Wheeler makes roughly 5.3M.

Yeah that's the sticking point, and earlier I had said that I'd move any of our bottom end guys for peanuts (conditional 7th?) in order to help with that. So, it would be understandably difficult to do, but "may" be possible if you had Kindl involved in the trade for Kulikov, Nyquist in the one for Wheeler, and perhaps one other cap dump trade Quincey, Cleary, Eaves, Andy, Abby, etc. etc. etc. Admittedly, it would be difficult, and might force us to make tough decisions on players we'd rather keep (Abby, Andy) but getting a workhorse like Wheeler in the deal takes the sting out a bit.

Edited by kipwinger

The only two dumps you'd have to do in order to have all three Wheeler, Ladd and Kulikov is Kindl and Quincey. Franzen is best to stay on LTIR for the rest of the season so that opens up about $10M+ then sending Sheahan down along with waiving Eaves opens up another $2M. That is $12 open to have all three of the guys you want, it's just coming up with a package to acquire them is the hard part...

The only two dumps you'd have to do in order to have all three Wheeler, Ladd and Kulikov is Kindl and Quincey. Franzen is best to stay on LTIR for the rest of the season so that opens up about $10M+ then sending Sheahan down along with waiving Eaves opens up another $2M. That is $12 open to have all three of the guys you want, it's just coming up with a package to acquire them is the hard part...

Leftie, I know you hate Franzen and all, but you've got to be a realist here. There's no way he doesn't play if healthy. No way.