• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Winnipeg Jets relieve coach Claude Noel and assistant Perry Pearn

Rate this topic

As much as I am also salivating at the prospect of getting (in this order) Wheeler, Ladd, Bogosian, or Kane...

I'm giving Maurice until the trade deadline to have all pieces in place. ...and to be honest, I see them moving Buff not Bogo, and maybe one of the three forwards (based on Maurice's input) at that time.

Kip, I understand that, and if he is healthy then by all means, let him play. I don't want to see him injure himself beyond having a normal life, so if he is having trouble staying healthy from an injury 5 years ago, maybe he should remain LTIR to see if he can recover and come back next season either with a clean bill of health or retire.

I am going under the presumption that Holland is looking to replace Franzen's potential offense if he decided to go after Wheeler, so I was just using him on LTIR in order make the room needed. Now if Franzen becomes healthy 100% again this season, then the monkey wrench gets harder to turn if you want to acquire Wheeler, Ladd and Kulikov...

...if Franzen were to be healthy, then after sending Sheahan and Eaves back down and trading Q and K in package or salary dump deals, you'd have to shave roughly $3M more off the cap just to break even if you acquired all three...

Edited by LeftWinger

Kip, I understand that, and if he is healthy then by all means, let him play. I don't want to see him injure himself beyond having a normal life, so if he is having trouble staying healthy from an injury 5 years ago, maybe he should remain LTIR to see if he can recover and come back next season either with a clean bill of health or retire.

I am going under the presumption that Holland is looking to replace Franzen's potential offense if he decided to go after Wheeler, so I was just using him on LTIR in order make the room needed. Now if Franzen becomes healthy 100% again this season, then the monkey wrench gets harder to turn if you want to acquire Wheeler, Ladd and Kulikov...

Ok, I understand where you're coming from now. I was always operating under the assumption that all our guys would be healthy at some point, and that additions would be exactly that. Given that I think this is the more likely scenario I think it's only possible to get Wheeler OR Ladd OR Kane (buy not any two), and then Kulikov in a separate trade.

You would keep Franzen on LTIR for the rest of the season and send Quincey packing. That should help out.

If you trade prospects and Quincey away in order to acquire Ladd and Wheeler, you would also have to send Sheahan back down and Eaves on waivers. That gives you a smidge over $1m in cap space with Ladd and Wheeler on the books...If you traded away Kindl in order to acquire Kulikov, you would be left with $927K in cap space...

So, demote both Eaves and Sheahan....trade away Quincey and Kindl and then acquire Ladd, Wheeler and Kulikov somehow and your current roster would look like this: (including the current injured players)

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Tatar

Wheeler - Ladd - Alfredsson

Nyquist - Andersson - Cleary

Miller - Glendening - Abdelkader

Kronwall - Dekeyser

Kulikov - Smith

Marchenko - Lashoff

What happens with Weiss in this scenario?

Oops, my bad on Weiss....so basically just as Kip referred to above, it would be next to impossible to get all three, you'd have to select one of the forwards and Kulikov..if Wheeler is that good, then take Wheeler and Kulikov and look ahead to Weiss and Franzen becoming healthy this season and being able to contribute...

...although I have a strange feeling Weiss may be out longer than we expect...

speaking of Weiss...what is it with the #90? Sheesh! I remember when he signed and said he would wear #90, someone on here said, "Oh no, not 90!" and there you have it, the voodoo of #90 struck again...

Oops, my bad on Weiss....so basically just as Kip referred to above, it would be next to impossible to get all three, you'd have to select one of the forwards and Kulikov..if Wheeler is that good, then take Wheeler and Kulikov and look ahead to Weiss and Franzen becoming healthy this season and being able to contribute...

speaking of Weiss...what is it with the #90? Sheesh! I remember when he signed and said he would wear #90, someone on here said, "Oh no, not 90!" and there you have it, the voodoo of #90 struck again...

I hope to god weiss changes that number - it is terrible. On another note - do you see a guy in the future like Mantha wearing 91 at some point?

Edited by dirtydangles

Evidently Tatar was eyeing going back to #90 before Weiss grabbed it. Which would be worse?

The problem is: who goes the other way to facilitate cap compliance? High end prospects and picks might get a deal done, but it doesn't help the Wings cap issues (thanks again for Tootoo and Sammy's combined 5M Kenny!!!). I think Wheeler makes roughly 5.3M.

I wouldn't worry about it, they'd most likely get injured getting off the plane...

No to Nyquist and Patterson... Marchenko, ALmqvist and Pulkkinen I am neither here nor there on...but if you are giving up two D prospects, better have at least one D man coming back...IMO. I think a trade involving Kindl and Quincey is likely, but they won't return us Ladd and Wheeler or Bogo...unless they are padding to a package deal...

No to Nyquist and Patterson when we'd have Ladd and Wheeler with Mrazek as our #1 G prospect? You want D, then bring up Ouellet, Sproul, Backman, Jensen...and draft more Dmen this offseason. Getting 2 top 6 forwards who play 200 foot games and are big, physical guys.....I'll give up quite a bit for that. But we'll need to dump salary on my original deal, so we'll have to give them Quincey as well who can be replaced by an ape to take penalties and we can try to pawn Sammy off on them for them getting some damn good prospects.

They sellout every game and yet they're twenty-fourth in average attendance?

This firing is all about the bottom line and how for some fans, the honeymoon is over in the 'peg (though this article was written before the hammer fell).

That article is hilarious. The honeymoon is over, but try going to the game with someone and sitting beside them. Cheveldayoff should be next to get the axe. Noel was a lame coach, but he works with the offseason acquisitions the GM makes and just like our Wings, he's had a couple subpar offseasons. The Jets realistically need to package Kane and Setoguchi for a 1st line C and they should have just kept Maxwell and Machachek for the bottom 6 instead of changing mainly all but Tangradi on that front. The 24th in attendance is due to the MTS Centre having 14200 seats I believe, though over 15K show up to every game. They need to rip the roof off and add 3000 seats to that place.

As far as the trades go, if they want roster players and not prospects, then I have no idea what we'd offer them. Nyquist, Franzen and Weiss? :lol:

Oh hey, would you look at that! Jets whipping the Coyotes. No trades necessary. /sarcasm

I wish the Wings powerplay would shoot the puck the way the Jets do. The American members on here will definitely look forward to Trouba being on the 2018 Olympic team. That kid is an amazing hockey player. What they need to do is trade Kane for a top line C.

I'm assuming this has been brought up, but it's so great that it deserves to be posted, like, a bajillion times:

Jets Will Make More Changes [The Fourth Period]

Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff has been engaged in numerous trade discussions with several clubs, including the likes of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Philadelphia Flyers, Detroit Red Wings and Boston Bruins, among others.

The Jets are actively shopping left wing Evander Kane and defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, but have also received calls about forwards Andrew Ladd, Devin Setoguchi and Blake Wheeler, and defenseman Zach Bogosian.

Just checked the first page of the thread. Sorry, should've done that before (re-)posting that story. But you have to understand, I've been wanting Wheeler on the Wings for a long time. And recently I've been trying to figure out some way that we might be able to land a legitimate power forward. So this is pretty awesome, even though we know Holland is only going to kick the tires and say the price isn't right and talk up the importance of drafting well and building from within and OH GOD I JUST KILLED THE BUZZ.

Edited by Dabura

Just FYI Winnipeg has publicly stated they're not trading any of their core players for picks/prospects.

They would expect a player or players of similar ability/age. Not unproven talent.

Unfortunate for us.

This strikes me as somewhat ridiculous and makes me wonder if this whole thing isn't some kind of ruse.

Kane - locker room cancer, bad attitude you don't want something like him around some of the promising younger guys

Byufglien - no thanks he is a lose cannon you never know, what he brings defensively something this team can not afford to gamble on

Ladd - will be by far the most expensive of the four he is their captain, leader heart and soul guy

Wheeler yeah would be a nice thing but the Jets are looking for the exact same thing as the Wings a top pairing defender.

No to Nyquist and Patterson... Marchenko, ALmqvist and Pulkkinen I am neither here nor there on...but if you are giving up two D prospects, better have at least one D man coming back...IMO. I think a trade involving Kindl and Quincey is likely, but they won't return us Ladd and Wheeler or Bogo...unless they are padding to a package deal...

No to Nyquist and yes to Paterson.

...again, would love Ladd and or Wheeler on the Wings. If they are looking for NHL experience in return, we are more than likely not in the hunt for either of them.

I can still see Holland going after Bogo though. He has always come up in talks of people Holland is interested in, Holland usually doesn't give up until he gets him or they player just refuses to come here. He got Weiss after a couple of deadlines of Holland showing interest in him, he got Bertuzzi too. I wouldn't doubt if Bogo winds up here.

I still wonder if the Columbus would part with Wisniewski...although he is leading their defense in scoring...they would probably trade JJ before Wiz...

...speaking of Columbus, WTF happened to Horton? I see he only played 6 games, but he doesn't show on the IR list...

Edited by LeftWinger

...speaking of Columbus, WTF happened to Horton? I see he only played 6 games, but he doesn't show on the IR list...

Horton was just activated from IR. The six games he's played are his first six back.

...again, would love Ladd and or Wheeler on the Wings. If they are looking for NHL experience in return, we are more than likely not in the hunt for either of them.

I can still see Holland going after Bogo though. He has always come up in talks of people Holland is interested in, Holland usually doesn't give up until he gets him or they player just refuses to come here. He got Weiss after a couple of deadlines of Holland showing interest in him, he got Bertuzzi too. I wouldn't doubt if Bogo winds up here.

I still wonder if the Columbus would part with Wisniewski...although he is leading their defense in scoring...they would probably trade JJ before Wiz...

Bogo would be huge on the PP for the Wings. Not just because he has a RH shot, but because he can really hammer it. I just want to know what the Jets would want in return for him as he is a top 4 Dman.