• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Oh hey, would you look at that!  Jets whipping the Coyotes.  No trades necessary.  /sarcasm

I wish the Wings powerplay would shoot the puck the way the Jets do.  The American members on here will definitely look forward to Trouba being on the 2018 Olympic team.  That kid is an amazing hockey player.  What they need to do is trade Kane for a top line C.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#42 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

I'm assuming this has been brought up, but it's so great that it deserves to be posted, like, a bajillion times:

Jets Will Make More Changes [The Fourth Period]

Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff has been engaged in numerous trade discussions with several clubs, including the likes of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Philadelphia Flyers, Detroit Red Wings and Boston Bruins, among others.

The Jets are actively shopping left wing Evander Kane and defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, but have also received calls about forwards Andrew Ladd, Devin Setoguchi and Blake Wheeler, and defenseman Zach Bogosian.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#43 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

Just checked the first page of the thread. Sorry, should've done that before (re-)posting that story. But you have to understand, I've been wanting Wheeler on the Wings for a long time. And recently I've been trying to figure out some way that we might be able to land a legitimate power forward. So this is pretty awesome, even though we know Holland is only going to kick the tires and say the price isn't right and talk up the importance of drafting well and building from within and OH GOD I JUST KILLED THE BUZZ.

Edited by Dabura, 14 January 2014 - 01:48 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#44 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

Just FYI Winnipeg has publicly stated they're not trading any of their core players for picks/prospects.

They would expect a player or players of similar ability/age.  Not unproven talent.

Unfortunate for us.

This strikes me as somewhat ridiculous and makes me wonder if this whole thing isn't some kind of ruse.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#45 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

Kane - locker room cancer, bad attitude you don't want something like him around some of the promising younger guys

Byufglien - no thanks he is a lose cannon you never know, what he brings defensively something this team can not afford to gamble on

Ladd - will be by far the most expensive of the four he is their captain, leader heart and soul guy

Wheeler yeah would be a nice thing but the Jets are looking for the exact same thing as the Wings a top pairing defender.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#46 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

Wheeler for Letang. Pittsburg wins the Stanley Cup. Winnipeg continues sucking. Bank on it.

#47 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

No to Nyquist and Patterson... Marchenko, ALmqvist and Pulkkinen I am neither here nor there on...but if you are giving up two D prospects, better have at least one D man coming back...IMO.  I think a trade involving Kindl and Quincey is likely, but they won't return us Ladd and Wheeler or Bogo...unless they are padding to a package deal...

No to Nyquist and yes to Paterson.

#48 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

...again, would love Ladd and or Wheeler on the Wings.  If they are looking for NHL experience in return, we are more than likely not in the hunt for either of them.

I can still see Holland going after Bogo though.  He has always come up in talks of people Holland is interested in, Holland usually doesn't give up until he gets him or they player just refuses to come here.  He got Weiss after a couple of deadlines of Holland showing interest in him, he got Bertuzzi too.  I wouldn't doubt if Bogo winds up here.

I still wonder if the Columbus would part with Wisniewski...although he is leading their defense in scoring...they would probably trade JJ before Wiz...

...speaking of Columbus, WTF happened to Horton? I see he only played 6 games, but he doesn't show on the IR list...

Edited by LeftWinger, 14 January 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#49 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

...speaking of Columbus, WTF happened to Horton? I see he only played 6 games, but he doesn't show on the IR list...

Horton was just activated from IR.  The six games he's played are his first six back.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#50 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

...again, would love Ladd and or Wheeler on the Wings.  If they are looking for NHL experience in return, we are more than likely not in the hunt for either of them.

I can still see Holland going after Bogo though.  He has always come up in talks of people Holland is interested in, Holland usually doesn't give up until he gets him or they player just refuses to come here.  He got Weiss after a couple of deadlines of Holland showing interest in him, he got Bertuzzi too.  I wouldn't doubt if Bogo winds up here.

I still wonder if the Columbus would part with Wisniewski...although he is leading their defense in scoring...they would probably trade JJ before Wiz...

Bogo would be huge on the PP for the Wings.  Not just because he has a RH shot, but because he can really hammer it.  I just want to know what the Jets would want in return for him as he is a top 4 Dman.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#51 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Bogo would be huge on the PP for the Wings.  Not just because he has a RH shot, but because he can really hammer it.  I just want to know what the Jets would want in return for him as he is a top 4 Dman.

he probably is one of the only ones holland is interested in, package up smith + kindl and prospects/picks and i'm ok with it

#52 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

he probably is one of the only ones holland is interested in, package up smith + kindl and prospects/picks and i'm ok with it

Kindl+Quincey+ prospects not named Mantha/Jurco.

#53 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

I want to keep Smith.  He's becoming very reliable and has been quite decent offensively both with points lately and he joins the rush often now.

Kindl+Quincey+ prospects not named Mantha/Jurco.

Kindl + Quincey and maybe Pulkkinen or Ferraro may do it.

#54 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

I want to keep Smith.  He's becoming very reliable and has been quite decent offensively both with points lately and he joins the rush often now.

Kindl + Quincey and maybe Pulkkinen or Ferraro may do it.

Would you trade Zach Bogosian for Kindl, Quincey and Pulkkinen or Ferraro?  Neither would anyone else.  You've got to give something to get something. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#55 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Good for Paul but I don't get how the gm still gets a pass IMO the team is just not that good
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#56 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

They are currently one-for-2014.

Paul Maurice has learned what a class act Claude Noel is.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#57 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

Frankly, I don't see how we get any of the Jets' key players with the trade parameters they announced. Unless maybe the rule only applies to the names that have been mentioned? So, like, maybe Enstrom could be had? Or maybe we're interested in, like, Ellerby? Knowing Holland, it's probably Jokinen. lolz. *cry*

It's a damn shame, because any one of their key players might be just what the doctor ordered for our team. I have to hope the rule isn't written in stone. Why would it be? "No, we absolutely will not take your key roster player, first-round pick, and two top prospects!" It could just be that this is sort of a screening process. If your goal is to make the playoffs next season while retaining the basic structure of your team, you'd probably be interested only in pound-for-pound deals. Depending on the responses you get (or don't get), you might ease the parameters a bit.

It really interests me that the Wings were linked to these trade talks at all. What's Kenny up to? Who's he interested in? And has he gotten any traction? Or is he just drunkenly dangling Emmerton?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#58 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

They like their team.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 15 January 2014 - 01:33 PM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#59 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

Detroit Red Wings Trade Chatter: Dustin Byfuglien a Potential Target (Red Wings 101)

Just some guy speculating. But at least people are talking about the possibilities.

Here's a question: if we were to land "Big Buff," would you want him playing as a forward (RW) or as a defenseman? I feel we need a top-four defenseman more than we need a top-six forward, but Byfuglien might be that right-handed power forward we've wanted for so very, very long. Of course, it'd largely depend on who we'd be giving up. (For example, if Franzen goes the other way, we'd be breathtakingly small up front.) And, not to beat the dead horse here, but who would we give up?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#60 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

Detroit Red Wings Trade Chatter: Dustin Byfuglien a Potential Target (Red Wings 101)

Just some guy speculating. But at least people are talking about the possibilities.

Here's a question: if we were to land "Big Buff," would you want him playing as a forward (RW) or as a defenseman? I feel we need a top-four defenseman more than we need a top-six forward, but Byfuglien might be that right-handed power forward we've wanted for so very, very long. Of course, it'd largely depend on who we'd be giving up. (For example, if Franzen goes the other way, we'd be breathtakingly small up front.) And, not to beat the dead horse here, but who would we give up?

Everyone says Quincey, Cleary, Sammy blah blah blah, we would need to part with someone more enticing to them, nyquist smith and a pick is possible