• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

1/12 GDT: Red Wings 0 @ Ducks 1

Rate this topic

What? Sammy has 3 points in 24 games and is a -4. He's OBVIOUSLY the best choice as the extra attacker.

Gosh, who could have envisioned that he, Bertuzzi and Cleary would be playing so poorly at the end of their careers, coming off seasons of decline?

:rolleyes:

The only forwards with more ice time than Tatar were Z 23:03, Nyquist 22:47, Abby 16:40 & Cleary (15:04 3 sec more)

Very solid effort tonight, too bad we couldn't get a bounce and get one past hiller... Get it back on Thursday.

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Guest Crymson

Our guys are always out. This team is physically fragile. We can use this excuse every year.

I invite you to check through the statistics of the injured players and tell me that any of Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Franzen, or Ericsson have any history of fragility. Simply put, you are speaking from your arse. Helm's situation is self-evident and likewise does not indicate ease of injury.

Sammy is not the reason they lost this game, neither is the coaching. When's the last time they got a rebound? There's no urgency, no one wants to score. Being smart and staying calm is great, but it's making them look slow and weak. They know they can't score, so they're constantly playing not to give up goals. Tatar is the only guy going, consistently.

Edited by CMatt89

Please Please PLEASE can we find a spot for Tootoo to play while 6 skaters are injured? Why does it seem like when we are banged up and he joins the lineup we still manage to win games and he is noticeably energetic when he's out there? He obviously wants to play, he brings his game and some grit, why not play him?

Tootoo isn't the solution, i'm realistic, but I think he's a better option over a few guys that get ice time every night. With all these roster players injured what is it going to hurt to bring in a NHL vet in place of one of these kids like Glendening?

Babcock needs a clue...

Trying to tie the game and he has Sammy on the ice... Sammy gets a shot and promptly hits the defenseman, gets the puck back with 2 seconds to go and he holds it and passes it instead of try another shot...I guess it just would have been blocked anyhow. I think with the way Sheahan played tonight, he should have been out there, but no, Babcock has to have his useless vets out there. I seriously question Babcock. He seems to have just told all of us fans to screw off and not try to change anything up to get a win. Heck, when is the last time we scored a PP goal?

I invite you to check through the statistics of the injured players and tell me that any of Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Franzen, or Ericsson have any history of fragility. Simply put, you are speaking from your arse. Helm's situation is self-evident and likewise does not indicate ease of injury.

Huh? Speaking out of my arse? Last season, we were one of the league leaders in man games lost. I doubt it's much better this year.

The team is fragile physically.

Please Please PLEASE can we find a spot for Tootoo to play while 6 skaters are injured? Why does it seem like when we are banged up and he joins the lineup we still manage to win games and he is noticeably energetic when he's out there? He obviously wants to play, he brings his game and some grit, why not play him?

Tootoo isn't the solution, i'm realistic, but I think he's a better option over a few guys that get ice time every night. With all these roster players injured what is it going to hurt to bring in a NHL vet in place of one of these kids like Glendening?

Yeah, Tootoo doesn't seem to be popular with Babcock or Holland. I think he's done exactly what they signed him for. Did they expect him to score 20 goals or something?

On a positive note, Sheahan had a solid game. I really like him as a top-six center.

Yeah, Tootoo doesn't seem to be popular with Babcock or Holland. I think he's done exactly what they signed him for. Did they expect him to score 20 goals or something?

I think it's the fighting, particularly the staged ones. Babcock is not a fan of fighting.

Edited by Dabura

On a positive note, Sheahan had a solid game. I really like him as a top-six center.

I think it's the fighting, particularly the staged ones. Babcock is not a fan of fighting.

He fights to spark up his team. And if they didn't know he was a fighter, why sign him?

Tootoo should be playing, but Babcock doesn't like to play him because he can't kill penalties. Although the team seems to play better with him. I think its time for Holland to knock Babcock off his pedestal and tell him that he needs to ice the best team, not play his vets because they earned it via seniority...

Bench Bert, never play Sammy again and only play Cleary on the 4th line or when there is not a better option. The best players should be on the ice in critical times. Dekeyser is top 2 on this team if not your best, so he and Kronner should have been the ones on the ice at the end, if not Danny, then Smith. To put Sammy out there just because he is right handed is asinine. Playing Sammy on the PP along with Cleary is just stupid. When the kids are out there, they are the ones generating things, making things exciting. How does it make them feel when Babcock tells them to take a seat because they don't have enough "time" in the NHL to be out there? And yes, he does do that. Just because Tootoo isn't the best two way player, he isn't good enough? I know Babcock has a great win loss record, but in recent years the losses have been catching up to the wins and he seems to keep going to the same well over and over again. Time and time again, Sammy has proven that you cannot rely on him to come in a replace an injured player effectively. It's time to stop trying with him.

and for the fragility of this team, YES Ericsson AND Franzen have a history of it. Along with puss-in-boots Helm. Helm is the biggest baby on the team and will miss a game for a hang nail, yes it's true. Franzen's long term problem means that he should not step back on the ice until he is 100% clear or just retire. Ericsson has yet to play an entire season due to his injury issues. Even Dats has been a little more injury prone the last few years, but with age, that is going to happen. He is showing out indefinitely, so they need to go ahead and put him on LTIR so they can call up someone instead of inserting Sammy in the lineup...again, that is a coaching/GM decision and it's time for Holland to start telling Babcock what is what....or get rid of him.

Guest Crymson

Huh? Speaking out of my arse? Last season, we were one of the league leaders in man games lost. I doubt it's much better this year.

The team is fragile physically.

... because of injuries to Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Colaiacovo, and Helm, who collectively accounted for the vast majority of the team's man-games lost to injury. With the exception of Helm (who was injured before the season began), the injuries during that season almost exclusively struck the team's less important players. The team's five best players (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Ericsson, and Kronwall) missed a combined 12 games to injury, and Brunner, Cleary, Filppula, and Abdelkader, who typically rounded out the 2nd line and the 2nd PP unit, combined for ten more. That amounts to a total of 22 games lost between the nine of them.

So yes, you're speaking from your arse.

Anaheim is actually 2nd in the league in man games lost. Pittsburgh is first.

Yet both teams have handled it well, wouldn't you say?

With the exception of Koivu, Anaheim's major injuries have been to generally unimportant players. Do your research. Pittsburgh has suffered numerous injuries, yes, but having far and away the best player on the planet really helps a team win games.

... because of injuries to Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Colaiacovo, and Helm, who collectively accounted for the vast majority of the team's man-games lost to injury. With the exception of Helm (who was injured before the season began), the injuries during that season almost exclusively struck the team's less important players. The team's five best players (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Ericsson, and Kronwall) missed a combined 12 games to injury, and Brunner, Cleary, Filppula, and Abdelkader, who typically rounded out the 2nd line and the 2nd PP unit, combined for ten more. That amounts to a total of 22 games lost between the nine of them.

So yes, you're speaking from your arse.

Why do you keep talking about my arse so much?

If our injuries last year were to less important players, why did people use injuries so much as an excuse? Or were you an exemption from those types of posts? If so, my humble apologies. Fact is, we were one of the leaders in man games lost. Yeah, they weren't to the best players, but it still shows an inability from a team standpoint to stay healthy. Now, it's the better players getting hurt. Hence, a team wide problem. I never said specifically, that Datsyuk or Zetterberg can't stay healthy every year. Just two straight seasons of being injury riddled as a team.

Also, I don't remember us dominating the standings this year even when those 5 best players have been together. Of course, a lot has to do with Howard being awful this year and better last year. But injuries are an easy excuse when you have bad coaching and a mediocre lineup. Look at the two teams leading the league this year in man games lost. They don't seem to be struggling.

Edited by GMRwings1983

@AnsarKhanMLive: Babcock on flu bug: We had lot of guys throwing up during the game, Glenny and Kronner all night long. They just kept playing and competing

Da f***?

It's funny because I feel nauseas when I watch them play.

But in all seriousness there has to be some admiration for players playing sick.

Trying to decide which is more accurate....

In Detroit, PP stands for 1) Piss Poor or 2) Pathetic Play.

Or maybe it's just all four together. Piss Poor Pathetic Play.

That's not to say that there weren't good things to take away from this game. But, man....

How about: Pavel Please?

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Tootoo should be playing over Samuelsson, no doubt. I dont get how he manages to sneak back into the lineup every time he's been benched (for seemingly the last time of his career). Unbelievable.

Something that just occurred to me: we don't have a lethal shot from the point. Kronwall, Ericsson, DeKeyser, Smith, Kindl, Lashoff...we really miss the Lidstrom Laser.

Ericsson has one, buy never uses it. His shot can go right through people but he uses it maybe twice a year.