• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

1/12 GDT: Red Wings 0 @ Ducks 1

Rate this topic

Ericsson has one, buy never uses it. His shot can go right through people but he uses it maybe twice a year.

Alfredsson? Scored so many one-timers this season from that right circle/slot.

And I think everyone here just needs to calm down and be more realistic. Yes that game was incredibly frustrating, but afterwards I came away proud of the fact that the Wings went to southern California, played two incredibly tough teams on BACK TO BACK nights, one the first game, and came within a whisker of winning the second.

Now we have something to build on, with the prospect of getting 3 to 4 guys back Thursday in New York. Isn't that something to look forward to, rather than sitting here mindlessly bashing the Coach and the players who have become scapegoat's for this team all year long? Shouldn't we actually be looking at the positives here? The Wings were all over the Ducks in that game. Yes they didn't have many opportunities and the power play wasn't great, but we were more than just in that game.

Alfredsson? Scored so many one-timers this season from that right circle/slot.

And I think everyone here just needs to calm down and be more realistic. Yes that game was incredibly frustrating, but afterwards I came away proud of the fact that the Wings went to southern California, played two incredibly tough teams on BACK TO BACK nights, one the first game, and came within a whisker of winning the second.

Now we have something to build on, with the prospect of getting 3 to 4 guys back Thursday in New York. Isn't that something to look forward to, rather than sitting here mindlessly bashing the Coach and the players who have become scapegoat's for this team all year long? Shouldn't we actually be looking at the positives here? The Wings were all over the Ducks in that game. Yes they didn't have many opportunities and the power play wasn't great, but we were more than just in that game.

Other than a terrible power play, I thought they played pretty good. Especially since half the team was puking all night. The only criticism I have is also the one-timer bit. Shoot the puck. If a guy blocks it, hustle and get it back. Let him take it somewhere where he may not block the next one. Keep hammering away. The final sequence before the game ended, they were taking all their shots from the perimeter and not getting any from the middle.

Oh, and Sammy is horrible. He can't even shoot anymore. He is slow motion assassinating shin pads now.

Ericsson does have a shot, but he also doesn't use it (like you said). So I count that as not having one.

Afredsson has a shot, but I'm talking about our defensemen. Plus, he's injury-prone and may be gone next season.

WHY CAN'T EVERYONE SHOOT LIKE SAMMY

lost came down to the following....

A) 0 for whatever on the PP

B) no finishing work from any of our forwards there were many good chances

C) ducks mighty difficult to beat at home

D) all the above

I'm actually tempted to blame the whole thing on Smith's brain fart. Many nights this season it's been a case of us playing a good overall game and battling hard and doing the things we set out to do - but then someone makes a boneheaded mistake and the puck ends up in our net, and that ends up more or less deciding the game. Often there are multiple such lapses. I mean, I'm not saying the PP didn't kill us. And I'm not saying we're not missing our injured players. It's just, on the whole, I think simple, stupid mistakes have cost us an incredible number of points in the standings this season. Clean that oh-whoops-my-stick-should've-been-on-the-ice-my-bad s*** up and maybe we get a point out of this game.

Then again, shoot the puck a millimeter to the right and it doesn't hit the post and maybe we get a point out of the game. Or bury any of our countless chances right in front of Hiller and maybe we get a point out of the game. So, I dunno, ignore me.

Now we have something to build on, with the prospect of getting 3 to 4 guys back Thursday in New York.

Though we'll be without Tatar.

Edited by Dabura

By the end of the game and on every PP I was wishing they wouldn't even give it to the Defense. Anaheim was pressuring the point like crazy and leaving a man open in the slot. Adjustment should have been made to stop trying point shots because I don't think one hit the net all night

Though we'll be without Tatar.

What happened to Tatar he got injured??