• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Would you trade Jimmy for a top pairing dman?

Rate this topic

Whats that Kip? The WPG fans don't want to give anything of value up?

The thread he's referring to is the "Jets" thread here on LGWs. The one where they fired the coaches. The one where we're all talking trades.

The phenomenon he's referring to could very well be that you don't want to trade Nyquist and Patterson.

Edited by rick zombo

I think Holland will push for Girardi but I hear reports that NY wants way too much for a UFA. Realistically it should take Quincey for salary reasons, a pick and a mid tier prospect and that's a lot. Not having Kindl and Quincey playing and adding a guy like Girardi would make our D look much better.

I don't think Howard getting traded is a possibility for at least a year or two

I think Holland will push for Girardi but I hear reports that NY wants way too much for a UFA. Realistically it should take Quincey for salary reasons, a pick and a mid tier prospect and that's a lot. Not having Kindl and Quincey playing and adding a guy like Girardi would make our D look much better.

I don't think Howard getting traded is a possibility for at least a year or two

Alot of rumor sites have him going super high, if he gets traded at all. But in all the rumors I've seen about Girardi, I've never seen Detroit linked to him (for what that's worth).

Has there ever been one time where any of these dreamed up trade scenarios has ever come true?

No seriously ... ever?

I don't know, you should start a thread about it.

Alot of rumor sites have him going super high, if he gets traded at all. But in all the rumors I've seen about Girardi, I've never seen Detroit linked to him (for what that's worth).

Problem this year is a lot of teams need a top 4 defensemen. I'd rather trade for a reliable cheap defensemen than try and outbid half the league for a top 4. It's just not the right time. I would even resign Quincey for like 1.5M. Kindl needs to go and promote a GR guy

I don't know, you should start a thread about it.

It's not really my thing to attempt to begin discussions about the possibility of pigs flying to Mars.

There is virtually zero chance that the Red Wings are entertaining the idea of, or would at this juncture, trade Jimmy Howard.

At least some of you realize that, right?

It's not really my thing to attempt to begin discussions about the possibility of pigs flying to Mars.

There is virtually zero chance that the Red Wings are entertaining the idea of, or would at this juncture, trade Jimmy Howard.

At least some of you realize that, right?

Hard to say, what are the odds that you're a beacon of light in an age of intellectual darkness?

Are those odds greater or smaller than the odds that many people specifically joined this forum because they enjoy mulling over hypothetical trade scenarios?

Hard to say, what are the odds that you're a beacon of light in an age of intellectual darkness?

Are those odds greater or smaller than the odds that many people specifically joined this forum because they enjoy mulling over hypothetical trade scenarios?

Smaller, it's a fact that many member join for trade, free agent, or draft discussion. But that's cool there is something for everyone like at a Thai massage parlor... Edited by MasterPavel

Hard to say.

Regarding trade scenarios, I'm hip if there's even a smidgen of possibility, based on anything at all tangible. Hypothetical dream scenarios don't belong on the main board ... but that's not my call.

Again, I don't think there's a chance at a Howard trade ... at all.

I joined the forum to read and discuss news about my favorite NHL team. Something I find I can do to some extent, if I'm willing to wade through the pollution that really doesn't need to exist on the main board.

Get er done Kenny! Cleary sucks!

Zombo, I just think you could acquire Ladd, Wheeler or Bogo for other prospects than Nyquist and Patterson. I think Patterson is going to be GR goalie for a few years then when the Wings are done with Howard, he will be up to back up Mrazek. But, that is just my opinion...there are a few other prospects down there that can get us what we need and I'd rather part with those than Nyquist and sure fire goaltender...but Holland is not beyond mistakes, and sometimes he makes good deals as well. Kip was referring to people not wanting to give up anything to get something, I am the contrary to that. I would gladly trade Franzen, Howard, Quincey, Kindl or Ericsson from our roster, along with prospects, picks if it meant upgrading our team...I just think it wouldn't take as high a prospect as Nyquist to do so, especially if you involve established NHL players...

Hard to say.

Regarding trade scenarios, I'm hip if there's even a smidgen of possibility, based on anything at all tangible. Hypothetical dream scenarios don't belong on the main board ... but that's not my call.

Again, I don't think there's a chance at a Howard trade ... at all.

I joined the forum to read and discuss news about my favorite NHL team. Something I find I can do to some extent, if I'm willing to wade through the pollution that really doesn't need to exist on the main board.

Get er done Kenny! Cleary sucks!

We're all awful sorry that our discussions bother you so much. In the future we'll do our best to make sure that your experience here is a good one. Lords knows how aggravating it must be for you to watch all us peons befuddling ourselves over irrelevant flights of fancy. I mean, how could you not look down your nose with an air of elitist contempt while surrounded by all us low brow hayseeds. You poor man.

...sidenote, IF Buffalo is going to get rid of Miller, you have to take a shot at getting him. Although the price would be steeper to us, being in the same division... I'd also inquire in New York to Rick Nash's availability...

Glen Sather already said Nash is one of the only players on the team he will not field any calls for, and if you thought franzen is streaky...

I would much rather we focus on getting a second pair defenseman to play with DeKeyser, if we can field Kronwall-Ericsson and DeKeyser-Someoneactuallygood we would have two very very solid pairs that could eat a lot of minutes.

To my mind another second pairing defenseman should be the one and only priority for Holland right now.

Edited by Ekmanc

I would much rather we focus on getting a second pair defenseman to play with DeKeyser, if we can field Kronwall-Ericsson and DeKeyser-Someoneactuallygood we would have two very very solid pairs that could eat a lot of minutes.

To my mind another second pairing defenseman should be the one and only priority for Holland right now.

could you imagine a pairing of subban-dk? Clearly the coach and subban don't get along, and subban probably wants to be on the first flight out, kenny should attempt that, however I think Subban would have a very high asking price, thankfully Montreal isn't really a rival yet

could you imagine a pairing of subban-dk? Clearly the coach and subban don't get along, and subban probably wants to be on the first flight out, kenny should attempt that, however I think Subban would have a very high asking price, thankfully Montreal isn't really a rival yet

The like/dislike between Therrien and Subban is highly overblown by Canadian media. There's no way Montreal is letting P.K. Subban get away.

I have thought about this possibility and it would be amazing, the only problem is that he will want 7-8+ million and that I can't stand the guys personality ;)

If Winnipeg wants a goalie + Nyquist for Ladd, Wheeler, or Bogo and not other prospects, would this deal be a no-go for you all?

Wait, I need you to clarify something; do you mean Nyquist + a goalie for just one of those three, or a combination?

And given up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the next draft? That's a pretty bold offer sheet...

Anyway, who is this top pair D-man? I'd be a lot more willing to trade Jimmy for Keith or Weber than say Phaneuf

For Pietrangelo ? Absolutely, his limit in terms of hockey iq and potential is the sky.

Right now ? There is nobbdy available Phaneuf was the closest thing to something like that. Maybe if Buffalo decides to trade Ehrhoff but after watching a few Sabres games I'm not sure he would fit in well.

No ones trading a top dman these days ..... We just got to toughen it out for now fortunately we got backman ouellet sproul almquist marchenko coming up so future looks bright

Forget bogosian he's locked up long term at 5+ mill a year and hasn't shown he deserves that kind of money yet ... Too risky ..... Maybe Stuart from the jets who's a Ufa migh be worth looking at