• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Would you trade Jimmy for a top pairing dman?

Rate this topic

Just saw Pierre Lebrun on TV saying whether it be by trade or July 1st Edmonton will get a true number 1 for next season .... My question ..... Would you give up say jimmy Howard and kindl or some young defencemen for Taylor hall or Jordan eberle??? Mrazek can play more next season and we can call up marchenko?

I don't think Ryan miller or Jonas hiller would go there and I can't see Carolina trading ward .....only way I see Edmonton getting a starting goalie is by trade ..... Eberle was a big performer for team canada and I can totally see him showing up big time In the playoffs and I think hall Will be a 30-40 goal guy consistently one day

I can see Edmonton more willing to do this if it was yakupov but I can see him going to the khl one day so I'd never consider it

you got me there .... Man holland has to stop throwing no trade clauses to everyone

It's not like (in this instance) he just gave an NTC to some nobody, Jimmy is a top ten goalie. Nothing wrong with giving him an NTC.

It's not like (in this instance) he just gave an NTC to some nobody, Jimmy is a top ten goalie. Nothing wrong with giving him an NTC.

Still gives out no trade clauses too often... As for jimmy I think he's a good goalie and I think he gets bashed too much by some fans but i don't think he's an elite goalie or top 10

I can think of guys who might be struggling this year but would be better (lundqvist, miller) others like quick rask niemi price ... Lehtonen is an underrated goalie and would do awesome In detroit .... Not putting into account age and Contract I'd say loungo is better today ... Bernier has serious upside and will be a top goalie In a few years .... Rinne when healthy ... That's all I can think of right now .... Id say he's in the middle of the pack with the bishops and bobrovskys(just my opinion)

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Still gives out no trade clauses too often... As for jimmy I think he's a good goalie and I think he gets bashed too much by some fans but i don't think he's an elite goalie or top 10

I can think of guys who might be struggling this year but would be better (lundqvist, miller) others like quick rask niemi price ... Lehtonen is an underrated goalie and would do awesome In detroit .... Not putting into account age and Contract I'd say loungo is better today ... Bernier has serious upside and will be a top goalie In a few years .... Rinne when healthy ... That's all I can think of right now .... Id say he's in the middle of the pack with the bishops and bobrovskys(just my opinion)

Yet he sits in the top ten almost every year in most goaltending stats. He is definitely a top ten goalie. I would take him over most of your list any day, especially over Luongo. The rags can keep Henrik and his 8 million dollar cap hit.

Yet he sits in the top ten almost every year in most goaltending stats. He is definitely a top ten goalie. I would take him over most of your list any day, especially over Luongo. The rags can keep Henrik and his 8 million dollar cap hit.

Ha trust me they will ... We call them up and offer howard for the king they'll just hang up on us

I think we can close this thread. Howie has found his game. You can't have a top pairing dman out there 60min a game like you can a goaltender at the top of his game.

While that's true, I'd still trade him for someone like Keith, Pietrangelo, Suter or god forbid spotpicker Weber.

I think Mrazek could handle the large workload but Howard isn't going anywhere unless he asks to be traded

The Wings aren't going to hand the net over to an unproven rookie. I don't care what his stats are in the minors and juniors, he hasn't proven that he can be a #1 in the NHL yet.

The Wings aren't going to hand the net over to an unproven rookie. I don't care what his stats are in the minors and juniors, he hasn't proven that he can be a #1 in the NHL yet.

How was Howard any more proven than Mrazek...Mrazek took his team to the Championship...Petr is gold and all that is missing is his shot

Guest DeGraa55

I think trading for a top defenseman is just stupid no matter who is moved.

A top four of kronwall and Ericsson or dekeyser and smith and whoever else is left would be great.

We just need Babcock to stop the smith Quincey failure of a line.

Then bottom line can EASILY be filled internally.

Our biggest issue and has been for awhile is scoring. We have not one too notch winger on this team. In the future maybe with our young guys but none right now. We do have plenty of second third and fourth line wingers though.

Perhaps you should take into account recent history. Or perhaps any history at all ...

Jimmy Howard himself became the Red Wing starting goaltender in 2009, after only 9 career regular season NHL games.

They went into that season with Osgood #1, and Howard took over because Osgood struggled so much. Howard wasn't planned as the #1, and he had more AHL time than Mrazek has had.

I'm not gonna blame for our losses but he hasn't won anything yet .... Mrazek was a stud in the junior championships a stud for the griffins .... He's got a cool demeanour a great confidence in himself and has swag I could be proven wrong and I'd admit it I was wrong but for me theres no doubt in my mind this kid is a future star goalie ... He just needs more starts

They went into that season with Osgood #1, and Howard took over because Osgood struggled so much. Howard wasn't planned as the #1, and he had more AHL time than Mrazek has had.

A lot more ahl time than mrazek .... And he's already way ahead than where jimmy was when he was 21

Right now I'm open to:

- replace Holland with Y

- keep: Pasha, Z, Kronnwer, Dekeyser, Monster, Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan

- call up Mike McKee

- keep Babcock on a shortleash for next season ~ 10 - 15 games

- get rid of every other veteran they aren't cutting it anymore period

- trade Howard for a big bodied scoring Winger

built a bigger team for crying out loud, they are understandable intimidated by teams like St. Louis, change the ******* playstlye puck possession DOES NOT work

Edited by frankgrimes