• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

2014 draft thoughts.

Rate this topic

We need a solid C prospect this draft. I would love for holland to trade up and get Draisaitl. We have loads of quantity in terms of young players and prospects so we dont really need much other than an 1C so he should just make the investment to get one.

Unfortunately, this doesn't look like a great draft for centers. Trading up would be nice, but Draisaitl probably goes top 5/6 and I don't think we have the pieces for that, unless we want to talk about trading Pav or Hank (or maybe Mantha). Could be a good time to trade down, possibly grab a couple guys like Bleackley, Fabbri, Ho-sang, De Leo...

That is true. I prefer him as a PF and worry about he C in the 2nd round and in the 2015 draft.

I think I like this idea.. if we even have a 2nd rounder.

the general consensus seems to be that 2015 is a really deep draft.. there will probably be more potentially top 6 centers available then too.

You have to balance needs vs talent available. this year there just isn't many top C's available and very few top D. Most of the forward prospects tend to be smaller guys as well. yes we need a C. Most likely not one there for us. Same with D. As for forwards, we have a ton of the smaller skill guys, need more beef. Tuch fits the bill to a tee.

I wish I could link on this forum-doesn't work for some reason. Anyway, on nhl.com there is/was a nice write up about Tuch and how his coach raves about the guy. His work ethic and how he is learning to use his size, strength, and power to dominate other teams. Just what the doctor ordered!

I wish I could link on this forum-doesn't work for some reason. Anyway, on nhl.com there is/was a nice write up about Tuch and how his coach raves about the guy. His work ethic and how he is learning to use his size, strength, and power to dominate other teams. Just what the doctor ordered!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=709143

Been a week or 2. Just a name for the second/third round. Now.....this is hard. Brendan Lemieux, 6-1/210 LH LW. Very good player. Plays big and physical. Scores goals and willing to go with anyone. Sounds good right? Well....... he is Claude's son. You know.......turtle man! Sins of the father?????

As of today we would have the 17th pick and lose our 2nd rounder to nashville-legwand trade.

So basically were trading down again to get back a pick

Would have been the best D pairing of all time. Vladdy would have been the yang to Nicks ying.

Kinda sad thinkin about what could of been

As for this years draft I think well just take the best player available as always but I think well look out for more centermen especially and defensemen

Regular season is now over. We are drafting 16th if the draft is today. The only PO team with fewer points is the Stars. Depending on how we do we could end up no higher than 15th. 30th would awesome! Not that I am holding my breath.......