• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

2014 draft thoughts.

Rate this topic

When is Vladislav Kamenev expected to go?

I would imagine sometime mid way throughout the second or sooner.

That Nick Ritchie guy could be an upcoming powerforward already 6-3, 218 lbs and ranks at 15.

If he is available I would love it. One of Ritchie, Perlini, or Tuch should be available. If this series taught us anything it is that we need to get bigger and more physical. Doing so without losing skill, and those three guys accomplish that. The only way I would consider passing on them is if McCann or Barbashev are still available, and we cab trade down a few spots to acquire a 2nd. Edited by MasterPavel

I like Perlini. He played in England, kinda sorta like Babcock. He spent his bantam and midget years with Belle Tire. His brother plays for the Walleye. All of which seems *cosmically suggestive*. But the big thing is I like him as a player. Big frame with room to grow, great speed (great skater), very skilled with the puck.

Do you guys expect Holland to trade back this year to recapture a 2nd round pick?

I feel like this is dumb considering all the prospects we already have. Should take the best player available where we pick and go with it. No need for 2 players of lower quality when we already have a logjam at every position pretty much.

Barbashev as a top 6 C prospect would be perfect for me. Need more russians too.

Guest DeGraa55

What happened to the Russian prospect that people said might sign with us because he liked DAT?

Do you guys expect Holland to trade back this year to recapture a 2nd round pick?

I feel like this is dumb considering all the prospects we already have. Should take the best player available where we pick and go with it. No need for 2 players of lower quality when we already have a logjam at every position pretty much.

Barbashev as a top 6 C prospect would be perfect for me. Need more russians too.

Disagree because you always have the KHL fear. I think the Wings need more NA players and especially Michigan kids to get the crowd more into it again while they are going through some (tough) rebuilding/tooling years. Ritchie to me seems - according to all reports on TSN ... - seems to be the perfect fit, big, physical and will grow even further. This is a very good draft position and I really pray Holalnd doesn't trade back just to pick two softish second rounders even if Ritchie is not available there are some other big bodies with skill.

Ritchie is a top 10 on most boards I've seen, as is Perlini. Tuch is probably the most likely big guy to be available, but this draft seems to be on the small side so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets taken early as well. But there is a chance one of them, or Virtanen, McCann, or Kempe could be available. I think any of them would be a good pick.

If all six are gone I'd look for a trade.

Disagree because you always have the KHL fear. I think the Wings need more NA players and especially Michigan kids to get the crowd more into it again while they are going through some (tough) rebuilding/tooling years. Ritchie to me seems - according to all reports on TSN ... - seems to be the perfect fit, big, physical and will grow even further. This is a very good draft position and I really pray Holalnd doesn't trade back just to pick two softish second rounders even if Ritchie is not available there are some other big bodies with skill.

Well he played his last 2 years of hockey in Canada so I assume he is dedicated to playing here. Only problem may be having to play in GR for a couple years. He speaks english pretty well and seems to have a good attitude from the interviews I've seen.

Ritchie would be great, but I expect him to be gone at 14/15. Tuch is the best choice at that position for a forward. larkin could/should also be there if we choose to go with a C. Any would be helpfull down the road. Tuch and LArkin will be closer to 5 years before we see them in Detroit. Both are committed to play college hockey-figure 3 years there, then a year or 2 in the minors. Ritchie would be faster to the NHL. 3 years in the minors then should be up/ready to go.

Ok 3 names per round that should be there, that I like:

1st round

larkin 6-1/195 C

Tuch 6-4/225 RW

Perlinin 6-3/205 LW

3rd round:

Mistele 6-2/185 LW

Kraskovsky 6-4/185 C

Lotz 6-0/190 G

4th round:

Starrett 6-4/195 LW

Wolff 6-4/195 D

Jarros 6-3/205 D

5th round:

Magyar 6-2/195 RW

Vejmelka 6-3/200 G

Mantha 6-4/225 D

6th round:

Harms 6-0/175 RW

Revel 5-11/175 C

Lindblom 6-2/185 LW

7th round:

Bagenda 6-2/195 LW

Faith 6-3/210 D

Stevens 6-3/185 C

Now the last 2-3 rounds will most likely get filled with some guys that most of us have never heard of the Hawken has found overseas. But need some names to fill the draft out.

Ok 3 names per round that should be there, that I like:

1st round

larkin 6-1/195 C

Tuch 6-4/225 RW

Perlinin 6-3/205 LW

3rd round:

Mistele 6-2/185 LW

Kraskovsky 6-4/185 C

Lotz 6-0/190 G

4th round:

Starrett 6-4/195 LW

Wolff 6-4/195 D

Jarros 6-3/205 D

5th round:

Magyar 6-2/195 RW

Vejmelka 6-3/200 G

Mantha 6-4/225 D

6th round:

Harms 6-0/175 RW

Revel 5-11/175 C

Lindblom 6-2/185 LW

7th round:

Bagenda 6-2/195 LW

Faith 6-3/210 D

Stevens 6-3/185 C

Now the last 2-3 rounds will most likely get filled with some guys that most of us have never heard of the Hawken has found overseas. But need some names to fill the draft out.

1st: Perlini or Tuch

3rd: Alexis Pepin

Pepin is hard to figure. He is 6-2/240ish, RHed, has played C and RW in junior. I have seen him taken anywhere from the 3rd through the 5th round. Wouldn't be a bad fit. Him and Tuch would give us plenty of size on the right side.

Ritchie is a top 10 on most boards I've seen, as is Perlini. Tuch is probably the most likely big guy to be available, but this draft seems to be on the small side so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets taken early as well. But there is a chance one of them, or Virtanen, McCann, or Kempe could be available. I think any of them would be a good pick.

If all six are gone I'd look for a trade.

I like Kempe as well, and he'll go around 15th. Seems like a Holland type pick too.

I actually hope the Red Wings trade their first rounder for someone's first rounder next year and another later pick. Next years draft crop is supposed to be one of the deepest in a long time and it would be nice to have two cracks at the first round in 2015.

I've been saying this all year. We could even trade up with our two first rounders to get a sure-fire 1C guy in the top of the round maybe. I'd rather have quality over quantity at this point with our young lineup and huge prospect pool. Only glaring need is a 1C prospect.

If I was placing a bet, it is 50-50 if we trade the 1st round pick this. I would not be surprised to see the 1st, and a couple of players get moved to pick up a top pair RHed Dman, something we need now, not 2-3 years from now. If we keep the pick, I still can't see a better option at 15 than Tuch. Still makes the most sense.

If I was placing a bet, it is 50-50 if we trade the 1st round pick this. I would not be surprised to see the 1st, and a couple of players get moved to pick up a top pair RHed Dman, something we need now, not 2-3 years from now. If we keep the pick, I still can't see a better option at 15 than Tuch. Still makes the most sense.

We definitely could use more big guys with skill. I still really like Perlini if he is available at 15.