• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

2014 draft thoughts.

Rate this topic

Opps. I forgot about NJ moving to 30th. As of today we would be 15th. The Stars would be 14th with NJ at 30th.

Kempe. he was rated higher earlier in the year. Starting to see him in the second in mocks-for whatever those are worth. However Tuch is consistently going between 15th and 20th. I firmly believe he would be the best pick for us as of today in the 1st. As mentioned before, he would be the big scoring wing on the second line, mantha filling the role on the top line. Looking forward 4/5 years how about these as your lines:

Mantha-AA-nastasuik

Nyquist-2015 1st rounder-Tuch

Jurco-Sheahan-tatar/Pulk

McKee-Glendening-Abby

Not a bad group at all. at least from a talent standpoint. half still need to be developed etc.... But from a pure God given talent stand point the group has everything you need. Size? yes. Speed? yes. Skill? yes. Smarts? yes. Strength? yes. RHers? yes LHers? yes. Good balance of ages as well. Abby would be the oldest 31/32 with the 2015 1st rounder being the youngest around 23.

Any prospects you guys don't want us to take?

Any guys you foresee being busts?

Draisaitl=bust... Hopefully we continue to look at forward. I would love for McCann or Barboshev to be there but latest mock drafts have them just ahead of 15. Perlini, Kempe, Vrana, or Ho-Sang would be good picks in that range...

Mantha-AA-nastasuik

Nyquist-2015 1st rounder-Tuch

Jurco-Sheahan-tatar/Pulk

McKee-Glendening-Abby

Not a bad group at all. at least from a talent standpoint. half still need to be developed etc.... But from a pure God given talent stand point the group has everything you need. Size? yes. Speed? yes. Skill? yes. Smarts? yes. Strength? yes. RHers? yes LHers? yes. Good balance of ages as well. Abby would be the oldest 31/32 with the 2015 1st rounder being the youngest around 23.

Just add Helm and I like it.

Draisaitl=bust... Hopefully we continue to look at forward. I would love for McCann or Barboshev to be there but latest mock drafts have them just ahead of 15. Perlini, Kempe, Vrana, or Ho-Sang would be good picks in that range...

I've heard a lot of places that Perlini will be a bust.

I really like Barbashev - is he a C or winger? I get mixed answers when I google him online. I think this team needs a little more Russian influence in it like the old days.

Kempe seems like the wing's wet dream too - Swedish, big, strong, C - everything we can't resist.

I still say bundle the 1st rounder with a package to try to acquire a top pair defenseman...

I will call Minny and tell them that if they're a bust again in the playoffs, I will give them my #1 and Adam Almqvist to take that albatross contract of Ryan Suter.... :lol::ninja:

Ok, ok, I joke. But I would package Almqvist the 1st and others to try to get a top pair guy. We don't have much to offer since we won't be trading our top prospects, especially to kids that got us to the playoffs. But, anyone of Kindl, Lashoff, Tootoo could be put in a package for a bundle of pucks...or a 5th-7th rounder here and there...futures anyone? :lol:

Prospects that could be traded: Ferraro, Almqvist, Callahan, Backman, Jensen...

Package the #1 and a D prospect (Almquist? I like him, but he's out of options) and get Patrik Berglund from St. Louis Blues. He's young, he's huge, he's competitive, and he's Swedish! Sign him to a 3-year, $4M/yr deal.

Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Nyquist

Berglund-Zetterberg-Alfredsson (most decorated Swedish line... ever)

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Miller-Helm-Glendening

OMG drool.... Alfredsson moves on &, if Mantha keeps up his progression/pace, instant replacement.... Bring in a Dan Boyle (1-year, $10M for all I care - they'll have more than enough money to re-sign the team and sign Berlund), you'll end up with:

Kronwall-Smith
DeKeyser-Boyle
Ericsson-Kindl
Lashoff

I've heard a lot of places that Perlini will be a bust.

I really like Barbashev - is he a C or winger? I get mixed answers when I google him online. I think this team needs a little more Russian influence in it like the old days.

Kempe seems like the wing's wet dream too - Swedish, big, strong, C - everything we can't resist.

Size, hands, high compete level,and speed are attributes that generally don't bust. Is he the next Backes, no probably not. But we are talking about potential and at worst he fills the PF role on a checking line.

Barbashev can play either, but probably projects higher offensively on the wing.

Kempe- is exactly why I think we will trade down if we don't make a serious playoff run. We could get a second, and still get Kempe in the 20-25 range.

Getting rid of Mantha would just be idiotic.. Lighten up the load with Bert, Cleary, and Samuelsson and either trade Howard or bring someone in who isn't a overrated backup.. Then maybe the D won't have 'here we go again' in the back of their minds when they're supposed to be focusing on the task at hand..

Obviously we need to draft:

1) a new #1 goalie because Howard Sucks

2) a new coach because Babcock sucks

3) a new GM because Holland sucks

4) and all new players for next year because everyone sucks

5) and also, whoever Boston drafts. Because Boston are awesome.

Sound about right?

You forgot the new training staff.

BTW not sure how we let this happen, but Goodrow signed with the SJS.

Second-tier scorer as an over-ager in junior. Also didn't get a contract from Carolina or the Rangers. I see no reason to care. We already have Tvrdon covering the "looks like he could be pretty good but probably won't" spot.

I'm not too concerned about San Jose signing Goodrow, but I was kinda disappointed to see Trevor Van Riemsdyk sign with Chicago. Although we have a ton of young defensive prospects, I think this kid could be another DeKeyser type stud, straight out of university. Only time will tell...