• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#41 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

Ehlers, Vrana, and Kapenan are falling into the mid first round according to a few mocks/ranking sites. Virtanen is rising a bit and may not be available around 15. Rich's guy Tuch is maintaining his 20th overall, but if he keeps up his offensive development I expect him to rise closer to June. ISS already has him climbing. This year's draft looks short on quality centers, so I would pray Jarnkrok develops offensively, and continue to address future scoring on the wing.

#42 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

Not a draft thing, a undrafted college FA thing. remember this name: Trevor van Reimsdyk-james' younger brother. 6-2/185 RHed shot, very good Dman from UNH.

#43 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

If drafting today, kempe will most likely be gone in the second. Most are now seeing him as a late 1st early second guy. So to revise and this might be a better pick based on needs, I go Keagan Iverson in the second. he plays like Helm, just 3 inches taller and 35 pounds heavier. he loves to skate and hit. Prefect #3 C in 3-5 years.

#44 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Just some updated rankings:

Hockey news has Tuch ranked 18th. Interesting that they have Ritchie ranked 13th. That could put him on our list.

#45 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

Once the season resumes, I will update again. With Z out the chances of the PO's look really slim. So let's see how things go for the next 10 games. We could enter the lottery this year.

#46 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

If we are gonna miss the playoffs we should draft Jake Virtanen. He is a better C, also RH, faster than Tuch, a fore-checking animal, has good size, and can really hold his own fighting. He projects as a higher end offensive prospect that already plays a nice two-way game. I've gotten off the Ehlers train since we do need to get bigger up the middle.

#47 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

I want Fleury and it's not even close

#48 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Pumpkin- A stay at home defenseman can be had in the later rounds or FA. We need to address the middle of our top 6. Virtanen, Tuch, Goldobin, or Barbashev would be a good start to the draft. If Kapenan were to fall even better, but most are starting to think he will be in the top 5 now. Who knows though with the new lottery system in place if we were to miss the playoffs.

#49 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

We need a big defenseman who can hit...McKee is years away, if he even makes it. Happy with what is in the system at forward right now

#50 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

We need a big defenseman who can hit...McKee is years away, if he even makes it. Happy with what is in the system at forward right now

I agree with you. Especially the McKee part, but I still feel there will be those types later in the draft.

#51 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Pumpkin I have to disagree with you here. After this year our system is pretty depleted at F. The only top prospects left in the minors are Pulk, mantha, AA, and nastisauk. On D we will have Oullett, Jensen, Sproul, Merchenko, De Haas-he is slipping, and Backman. McKee is also down a feel levels and may be a F in the end. Yes there are others that could still develop: Frk and Jarnkrok come to mind. But only 4 Forwards vs 6 Dman and we need twice as many F as D to have a team. Our stars at F as also much closer to the end of their careers than on D. We need 1 more F focused draft to reset.

#52 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

Pumpkin I have to disagree with you here. After this year our system is pretty depleted at F. The only top prospects left in the minors are Pulk, mantha, AA, and nastisauk. On D we will have Oullett, Jensen, Sproul, Merchenko, De Haas-he is slipping, and Backman. McKee is also down a feel levels and may be a F in the end. Yes there are others that could still develop: Frk and Jarnkrok come to mind. But only 4 Forwards vs 6 Dman and we need twice as many F as D to have a team. Our stars at F as also much closer to the end of their careers than on D. We need 1 more F focused draft to reset.

Not even a mention of Janmark or Bertuzzi?

LW- Athanasiou, Bertuzzi

C- Jarnkrok, Janmark

RW- Mantha, Nastasiuk, Frk

That's a fairly solid group of forwards going forward considering how young they are.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#53 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Bone crushing defensemen are needed more than anything else

Not even a mention of Janmark or Bertuzzi?

LW- Athanasiou, Bertuzzi
C- Jarnkrok, Janmark
RW- Mantha, Nastasiuk, Frk

That's a fairly solid group of forwards going forward considering how young they are.

Pulkkinen too

#54 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

Either way we will probably draft at least a few Swedes.

#55 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

...Pulkkinen too

Not to mention Sheahan, Jurco, and Glendening. And also Nyquist and Tatar just starting out. And Helm, Abby, and Andy not much older. Weiss isn't that old. Callahan, Ferraro, and maybe even Tvrdon still have a chance...

#56 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

Not to mention Sheahan, Jurco, and Glendening. And also Nyquist and Tatar just starting out. And Helm, Abby, and Andy not much older. Weiss isn't that old. Callahan, Ferraro, and maybe even Tvrdon still have a chance...

Absolutely, but we were talking about players who will be in the minors next year.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#57 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

Ok not really the thread for this but:

1. Little Tuzzi just cleared out his locker in Juniors. he is hurt-again and will not play anymore this year. hard to call a guy that can't play more than 30 games a prospect.

2. Ferraro will walk this off season.

3. Pulk was included in my 4 left in the minors.

4. Jarmark (spelling) isn't here yet and not sure when he will be.

5. Tvardon (spelling) is playing his way out of the system fast.

So once again, after this season we have 4 legit F prospects in the minors: mantha, AA, Pulk, and nastisauk. That is it. Teams typically carry 14 forwards and 7 Dman. We need twice as many F prospects as D prospects. We have 4. We all know without any doubt that every prospect doesn't make it. If half of our prospects make it we are doing GREAT! The hard part is of course figuring out which ones are which....

#58 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Jarnkrok looks pretty legit to me

#59 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Jarnkrok looks pretty legit to me

29pts in 53 games, small, and already 22. He is looking like he will be a third line center and not much more. So 4 years from now when Dats and Zetty (possibly) will be gone who is centering the top two lines?

#60 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Ok not really the thread for this but:

1. Little Tuzzi just cleared out his locker in Juniors. he is hurt-again and will not play anymore this year. hard to call a guy that can't play more than 30 games a prospect.

2. Ferraro will walk this off season.

3. Pulk was included in my 4 left in the minors.

4. Jarmark (spelling) isn't here yet and not sure when he will be.

5. Tvardon (spelling) is playing his way out of the system fast.

So once again, after this season we have 4 legit F prospects in the minors: mantha, AA, Pulk, and nastisauk. That is it. Teams typically carry 14 forwards and 7 Dman. We need twice as many F prospects as D prospects. We have 4. We all know without any doubt that every prospect doesn't make it. If half of our prospects make it we are doing GREAT! The hard part is of course figuring out which ones are which....

Then what do you call him? Injured prospect?