• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#121 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

Defenders, Defenders, Defenders and thanks to some questionable moves find another young center with potential.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#122 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

MP you are correct. You draft for 3-5 years down the road. At that point in time Z with his bad back, Datsyuk with his bad knee, Franzen with his bad head, Helm with his general made of glassness could all be gone. Even if we were to resign Legwand-he would be 36-38 and will be done. The need is at F right now. Ideally we would have 2-3 prospects for every guy we are losing-law of averages on who works out. The only D we lose-baring trades are Kronwall and E. But we have 6-8 D prospects in the pipeline already. Add more in the later rounds. F's are the focus-unless a super drops.

Nope, only Defenders. Have you seen our forward corps?

#123 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Nope, only Defenders. Have you seen our forward corps?

Yes, and I see an aging core group. Which of our D prospects do you not find appealing? And you do realize that there are double the amount of forwards who play vs defenseman right??? Our prospect pool is much deeper at defense than forward. Again this is a terrible draft for defenseman. So you think it is a splendid idea to draft B level prospects because of position when there are still elite level guys on the board?

#124 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Yes, and I see an aging core group. Which of our D prospects do you not find appealing? And you do realize that there are double the amount of forwards who play vs defenseman right??? Our prospect pool is much deeper at defense than forward. Again this is a terrible draft for defenseman. So you think it is a splendid idea to draft B level prospects because of position when there are still elite level guys on the board?

(Shut up and let me troll Rich)

#125 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

We need a solid C prospect this draft. I would love for holland to trade up and get Draisaitl. We have loads of quantity in terms of young players and prospects so we dont really need much other than an 1C so he should just make the investment to get one.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#126 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

We need a solid C prospect this draft. I would love for holland to trade up and get Draisaitl. We have loads of quantity in terms of young players and prospects so we dont really need much other than an 1C so he should just make the investment to get one.

Unfortunately, this doesn't look like a great draft for centers. Trading up would be nice, but Draisaitl probably goes top 5/6 and I don't think we have the pieces for that, unless we want to talk about trading Pav or Hank (or maybe Mantha). Could be a good time to trade down, possibly grab a couple guys like Bleackley, Fabbri, Ho-sang, De Leo...

#127 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

That is true. I prefer him as a PF and worry about he C in the 2nd round and in the 2015 draft.

I think I like this idea.. if we even have a 2nd rounder. 

the general consensus seems to be that 2015 is a really deep draft.. there will probably be more potentially top 6 centers available then too. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#128 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Dane Fox from the Erie Otters..not a Center but he's put up 60 goals and from what I seen he's been eligible for 2 drafts and hasn't been picked

#129 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

I can also see the Wings trading down and trying acquire more picks like usual

Edited by PumpkinEscobar, 08 March 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#130 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

You have to balance needs vs talent available. this year there just isn't many top C's available and very few top D. Most of the forward prospects tend to be smaller guys as well. yes we need a C. Most likely not one there for us. Same with D. As for forwards, we have a ton of the smaller skill guys, need more beef. Tuch fits the bill to a tee.

#131 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

I can also see the Wings trading down and trying acquire more picks like usual

Yup

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#132 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Fox has been signed by Vancouver. If we take Tuch in the first and don't make the playoffs then Kraskovsky or DeLeo would be good options in the 2nd.

#133 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Ok how about some 2nd round C options:

Kempe 6-2/190 LH maaaaaybe

Bleckley 6-1/195 RH maybe

Quenneville 6-1/190 LH

Gersich 5-11/175 LH

Kraskovsky 6-4/180 LH

#134 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:22 AM

If we make the playoffs (which gives our 2nd to the preds) and we go deep enough to make our 1st less valuable, I think we can almost guarantee Holly trades his 1st for 2nds

#135 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:18 AM

If we make the playoffs (which gives our 2nd to the preds) and we go deep enough to make our 1st less valuable, I think we can almost guarantee Holly trades his 1st for 2nds

Yup, which wouldn't be a terrible idea in this draft.

#136 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

[attachment=3702:nic & vlad.png]

If only eh?

Attached Files

Edited by Andy Pred 48, 14 March 2014 - 10:31 AM.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#137 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

I wish I could link on this forum-doesn't work for some reason. Anyway, on nhl.com there is/was a nice write up about Tuch and how his coach raves about the guy. His work ethic and how he is learning to use his size, strength, and power to dominate other teams. Just what the doctor ordered!

#138 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

[attachment=3702:nic & vlad.png]
If only eh?

Would have been the best D pairing of all time. Vladdy would have been the yang to Nicks ying.

#139 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

I wish I could link on this forum-doesn't work for some reason. Anyway, on nhl.com there is/was a nice write up about Tuch and how his coach raves about the guy. His work ethic and how he is learning to use his size, strength, and power to dominate other teams. Just what the doctor ordered!

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=709143

#140 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Thanks Buppy.

IMHO he would be the perfect bookend with Mantha.

Edited by Richdg, 14 March 2014 - 02:09 PM.