• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

Steve Ott to possibly be moved to Detroit.

Rate this topic

Sorry for my utter fail at posting links from other sites. Via Kuklaskorner.com

Would Steve Ott Be A Fit In Detroit?

by Paul on 01/14/14 at 10:53 AM ET

Comments (3)

Both Brad May and Mark Spector of Sportsnet believe Detroit would be a destination for Steve Ott at the trade deadline.

What do you think and you can watch their discussion on Kuklaskorner.com

It is just a rumor, but he'd be a great acquisition. Say what you want about the guy, he's a player you hate when he plays against you, but love if he plays for ya. I'm sure Datsyuk and Zetterberg would like him on their side as opposed to playing against him.

This is just speculation, but to me it would make sense. Generally what makes sense to us doesn't make sense to upper Wings management so i'm not going to consider this a possibility. I think he would be a good fit here, he's obviously got some leadership skills, isn't afraid to hit and stick up for his team mates, and would add some much needed grit and passion to the team. You hate him when he's not on your team because that is the kind of presence he brings to the ice, and I think that is the kind of player we are lacking.

I'd welcome Ott with open arms, I just don't see it happening.

I would LOVE having Ott here mostly because I've always hated the guy. I'd be concerned with what goes the other way but I might actually be okay with giving up a 2nd and a decent prospect. Almquist maybe.

many like the idea of Ott here. But I don't see the reason why? In his 8+ full seasons he has scored more than 12 goals in a season twice, so it isn't O. yes he is a good defensive gritty guy, but he isn't really an enforcer either. he is another 3/4 line guy to add to the large collection of those types we already have.

many like the idea of Ott here. But I don't see the reason why? In his 8+ full seasons he has scored more than 12 goals in a season twice, so it isn't O. yes he is a good defensive gritty guy, but he isn't really an enforcer either. he is another 3/4 line guy to add to the large collection of those types we already have.

Answer these questions on who you would rather have, and please try to do so objectively. Steve Ott or Drew Miller? Steve Ott or Patrick Eaves? Ott or Cleary? Ott or Tootoo? Ott or Glendening? Ott or Sammy? Yes he's what we have but he's better at it, much more annoying to play against, and plays with a good amount of heart.

And don't get me wrong here, I like Miller, Eaves, Glendening and Toots and I think Cleary can still play a role. I just would rather have Ott.

Ott would fill the same role Tootoo was brought in for. Ott is perhaps more skilled but if there is no place for Tootoo I dont see them trading for Ott.

I agree that he would fill Tootoo's role; however, Ott currently plays 19:40 ish per game with the Sabres, 2:30ish of that shorthanded. So he kills penalties as well. He also can play on the PP and I can see us trying to make him a net front guy. So he fills Tootoo's role and more. I honestly see him as more of an Abdelkader type player than a Tootoo type player.

Edited by nawein

I agree that he would fill Tootoo's role; however, Ott currently plays 19:40 ish per game with the Sabres, 2:30ish of that shorthanded. So he kills penalties as well. He also can play on the PP and I can see us trying to make him a net front guy. So he fills Tootoo's role and more. I honestly see him as more of an Abdelkader type player than a Tootoo type player.

I don't see him being much different that Tootoo. Unless there are off ice reasons Tootoo got banished by Babcock, I don't see how Ott will play any more.

Guest mjtm77

Well rumor has it the price of ott is a first round pick. Is it worth it? Will it happen? Does Kenny make trades?

I would like to swap Bert for him

A first round pick for an upcoming UFA who isn't a star wow. Buffalo really has to lower their expectations for Miller and Ott.

I would not do it for the simple fact: I think it could be the best draft position this team has had in some time. The guy will be an UFA so why not wait a few months and make him an offer them without paying a first rounder.

Edited by frankgrimes

A first round pick for an upcoming UFA who isn't a star wow. Buffalo really has to lower their expectations for Miller and Ott.

I would not do it for the simple fact: I think it could be the best draft position this team has had in some time. The guy will be an UFA so why not wait a few months and make him an offer them without paying a first rounder.

Buffalo sold Gaustad for a 1st rounder a few years ago at the deadline. IMO Ott is better than Gaus and they will probably get the same for him.

Miller is equal to, if not better than, Howard. Wouldn't you expect at least a 1st for Howie?

Fact is buyers always overpay at the deadline. Which is why Holland never buys at the deadline.... unless it's Quincey :)

Buffalo sold Gaustad for a 1st rounder a few years ago at the deadline. IMO Ott is better than Gaus and they will probably get the same for him.

Miller is equal to, if not better than, Howard. Wouldn't you expect at least a 1st for Howie?

Fact is buyers always overpay at the deadline. Which is why Holland never buys at the deadline.... unless it's Quincey :)

I understand it if you are the Blues and in some sort of "YOU put us over the top" type of situation but from a current Wings point of view I would not do it for Ott. Howard + first for a hometown boy who is back to being elite ? Sure.

I want Ott on the team but it's not like he is going to be that big of a differnse, Poile overpaid for Gaustad. If I am Armstrong I'd offer Halak + 1st for Miller

I understand it if you are the Blues and in some sort of "YOU put us over the top" type of situation but from a current Wings point of view I would not do it for Ott. Howard + first for a hometown boy who is back to being elite ? Sure.

I want Ott on the team but it's not like he is going to be that big of a differnse, Poile overpaid for Gaustad. If I am Armstrong I'd offer Halak + 1st for Miller

I think Howard and a first or Halak and a first is too much. I'm thinking like Howard and 2nd or 3rd.

I agree Ott for our first is not a good idea. I don't think he fits into our system with his style of play, and we need shooting forwards

I think Howard and a first or Halak and a first is too much. I'm thinking like Howard and 2nd or 3rd.

I agree Ott for our first is not a good idea. I don't think he fits into our system with his style of play, and we need shooting forwards

Yeah Howard + 1 st (from our pov) is way too much I have a feeling it will be a very good draft position and I think Miller wants to play for a contender, so I don't think he would re-sign here.

Did you honestly just put halak on the same level as Howard? Shame on you.