• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RyaN_84

Ducks crush Nucks 9-1. Set a couple franchise records.

Rate this topic

Guest RyaN_84

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020709&navid=nhl:topheads

Anaheim set franchise records for most goals in a game and most power-play goals with six, against the NHL's top-ranked penalty killing unit.

Fourteen players each had one point, eight of which had multi-points.

Vancouver had a total 15 penalties in the game, which by if i counted correctly added up to a total 73 minutes.
10 of those penalties came in the third period.

Here is the penalties by Vancouver.
Again, if i counted them right, my math isn't the greatest. :P

First Period:

Vancouver Zack Kassian: 2 minutes, hi-sticking
Vancouver Alexander Edler: 2 minutes, tripping

Second Period:
Vancouver Kevin Bieksa: 2 minutes, interference
Vancouver Christopher Tanev: 2 minutes, tripping
Vancouver Ryan Kesler: 2 minutes, holding
Vancouver Tom Sestito: 5 minutes, fighting

Third Period:

12:49 Vancouver Tom Sestito: 2 minutes, instigator
Vancouver Tom Sestito: 5 minutes, fighting
Vancouver Tom Sestito: 10 minutes, misconduct
12:49 Vancouver Jannik Hansen: 2 minutes, instigator
Vancouver Jannik Hansen: 5 minutes, fighting
Vancouver Jannik Hansen: 10 minutes, game misconduct
12:49 Vancouver Zack Kassian: 10 minutes, misconduct
Vancouver Kevin Bieksa: 10 minutes, misconduct
Vancouver Jason Garrison: 2 minutes, slashing
Vancouver Yannick Weber: 2 minutes, slashing

Again that is just the total amount of penalties on the stats sheet. I am not sure of the exact number.

but yeah, pretty wild game.

Oh, and it was Vancouver goalie Joacim Anderssons NHL debut. Gotta feel for the guy.

And Anaheim still has yet to lose in regulation at home.

Thoughts on this game and how well the Ducks are playing so far this season.

Edited by RyaN_84

Andersen was actually in net for Anaheim as the 3rd string with Hiller and Fasth out, very solid and exciting game for him.

Lack and Eriksson for Vancouver didn't fare so well, I believe it was Eriksson's first NHL game and let in 6. Not exactly a star-studded goalie battle this time out.

All the Ducks except 3 put up points also, some solid balance among the lineup tonight. When I see games like this it always brings me back to the game where we lit up Montreal for 11 goals and forced Roy out for good because they wouldn't pull him and allowed him to get embarrassed. Kind of bit us in the ass down the stretch with all of those Wings Avs games later on down the road, imagine how things would have been if Roy stayed and retired in Montreal.

I see them as the Sharks v2. Great regular season team but underwhelming come playoff time. They had a great game tonight but barely beat a pretty poor Wings lineup a couple days ago. I see them as probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the West.

Boudraus is a good regular season coach but his style of play just doesn't work well in the playoffs. Also compared to the 3 other powerhouses their defense is less than impressive.

Boudraus is a good regular season coach but his style of play just doesn't work well in the playoffs. Also compared to the 3 other powerhouses their defense is less than impressive.

Pretty much my line of thinking. The only saving grace they have is Hiller. Hes a goalie that can put a team on his back when his game is on. The problem is you never know if he can stay healthy anymore.

There's something in that Vancouver water. Very similar to Toronto water in that it seems to mess with their fans heads and it gets them thinking their teams are contenders. I've been to both cities [some of the dumbest fans in ALL of sports] and it's like the little brother who always wants to play with the big brother and fit in. But he doesn't. Wannabee organizations - both of them. Overpaying players like the Sedins, Phaneufs and Kessels and trying to tell everyone that these players will lead their respective teams to Cups.

There is nothing like watching such a s***ty coach like Torterella squirm, complain, make excuses and insult his players in post-game pressers. I watched the Ducks highlights and couldn't stop laughing. My only disappointment was Luongo the Sieve wasn't in net so I wasn't able to watch him cry and yell at his own team in such a pathetic effort. Well I am sure there will be many more nights this year.

Memo to the NHL: When a team wins 62 games and only puts up 13 losses in an 82 game season then you can boast and hype what a great season a team is having - like the Red Wings have done. Nobody is touching that record. And until these pretenders meet Chicago or Boston, they haven't proven a damn thing.

Sucks to be the 'nucks. It's funny, cuz I read an Edmonton Journal interview with Craig MacTavish yesterday and he took a swipe at the Canucks, saying they go to LA and Anaheim and allow 50 shots against each, but then destroy a good Eastern team. Or something along those lines.

I expect the Ducks to add a top defenseman. Word on the street is they have their hearts set on Girardi. Even without adding anyone, I think they're good enough to win it all this year. The one thing that might work in the East's favor: whichever team comes out of the West will have probably played one or two or maybe even three (if that would even be possible) of the other powerhouses. I don't care how good you are, that's gonna take a toll. And it'll be pretty ironic if it ends up giving, say, the Bruins a definite edge.

Anyway, good for the Ducks, I guess. And maybe it should make us feel better about ourselves? Considering we just barely lost to them in their barn.

Somehow my hate for the Ducks has subsided a bit, its weird. Even before the series last year, I didn't seem to dislike them as much as years past.

They have a really good team this year and play very well as a group. I agree they probably aren't as strong overall as Chicago or St. Louis, but I could still see them going deep. They seem to be only lacking that true number 1 dman, like they had with Pronger and/or Niedermeyer back when they won the cup.

Somehow my hate for the Ducks has subsided a bit, its weird. Even before the series last year, I didn't seem to dislike them as much as years past.

They have a really good team this year and play very well as a group. I agree they probably aren't as strong overall as Chicago or St. Louis, but I could still see them going deep. They seem to be only lacking that true number 1 dman, like they had with Pronger and/or Niedermeyer back when they won the cup.

They seem to just be doing things the right way. No over-the-top, in-your-face goonery. Sick depth up front. Fantastic goaltending. No leaning on a Pronger or Niedermayer (with the latter one sitting out the whole frickin' regular season while he "ponders retirement"). They made a few really smart moves. Boudreau seems to have an excellent grasp on their strengths and limitations, and knows how to get through to them.

It's easy to dislike them, because they're the Ducks. But, at the same time, it's kinda hard. (That's what she said.)