• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/16 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Rangers 1

Rate this topic

these injuries make me question the medical staff obviously something is not being done right not everyone is made of glass on our team its getting disgusting I cant understand helm or pasha for that matter frazen and Weiss I can understand theirs is more serious than anyones but alfie pasha and helm is questionable whats up with that

We seriously need to fire whoever the hell is training these guys. With this many groin injuries, there HAS to be some correlation to what they're doing off the ice.

Players young, old, big, small have all pulled their groins for the Wings season. Something's gotta change.

Just going to assume lower body for Andersson is a groin at this point. The Wings should probably just resort to changing day-to-day to month-to-month on the injury report as well. This is so frustrating because this team has decent potential with healthy bodies, but they haven't gotten remotely close to being there in months.

Like others have said, you have to wonder what is going on from a medical/training staff perspective. This is two straight seasons of being decimated by injury.

No Tatar?? He isn't listed on any injury reports...thought his father's funeral already took place but I'm starting to think that's not the case.

Tats is still in Slovakia, given leave of absence for tonights game. Word is he'll be back Saturday vs the Kings.

And I'm beginning to wonder also whats going on with these injuries the Wings are getting. Are they doing plyometric leg workouts in practice without warming up first? Practicing too often? I do wonder though…..

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive

Wings have recalled center Cory Emmerton from Grand Rapids for tonight's game at the Rangers. Checking to see who's injured.

Joakim Andersson is out with a lower-body injury. He's listed as day to day.

Now they're just trolling us.

No Tatar?? He isn't listed on any injury reports...thought his father's funeral already took place but I'm starting to think that's not the case.

He's in Slovakia, funeral-related. It was decided before our last game that he'd be missing this one.

I can only attribute these injuries to players having to play "up" to a level/line they are not accustomed to and getting injured? Helm was 2C and got injured (normally 3C). Same with Andersson. Alfie was being leaned on heavily. Deke was expected to be a No.3. Ericsson a top pairing dman. And these guys just aren't built for that kind of gameplay.

I can only attribute these injuries to players having to play "up" to a level/line they are not accustomed to and getting injured? Helm was 2C and got injured (normally 3C). Same with Andersson. Alfie was being leaned on heavily. Deke was expected to be a No.3. Ericsson a top pairing dman. And these guys just aren't built for that kind of gameplay.

Interesting angle. Might be something to it.

these injuries are f*&*&*%g stupid. how long can this crap possibly go on????

This crap could go on for the rest of the season, especially with ten guys at the Olympics. Which is why I'll facepalm when Holland says, "We're standing pat. We feel we haven't really seen our team at full strength yet. Getting x and y and z back, that's several big acquisitions right there." Not that that isn't true - but, at this point, I think we sort of have to assume we'll always be without two or more key players for pretty much the rest of the way, including the playoffs. Assuming we'll be fully healthy would be a mistake, IMHO.