• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/16 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Rangers 1

Rate this topic

I do not even remember the last time Detroit gave up nearly 50 shots on goal. It certainly is a different era. It is like the bizzaro Detroit Red Wings out there. Mediocre all the way around (except Jimmy tonight). I am really starting to think it is time for a shakeup in management from GM to Head Coach, especially if they are disqualified from the Stanley Cup playoffs. The complacency is really disturbing. Night after night we hear the same excuses yet see the same results. This is everything but Detroit Red Wings hockey. Since when did Atlanta Thrashers style hockey become acceptable all of a sudden?

You create your own luck. Rangers outshot and had the better of the scoring chances. They earned there lucky bounce. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You're right... the Red Wings didn't put out any effort deserving of luck in the past two games whatsoever.

I'm not even mad. Could have easily won again, just like in Anaheim.

The calendar is moving along, though. Much more of a hole and the playoffs may not happen. Somebody get healthy -- I'm so sick of hearing "the injured players are close." They have been claiming that for nearly a month.

You create your own luck. Rangers outshot and had the better of the scoring chances. They earned there lucky bounce. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You're right... the Red Wings didn't put out any effort deserving of luck in the past two games whatsoever.

As much as the other team no they didnt. Not saying they didnt work hard. The opposition just worked harder.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Zetterberg is clearly hurt but playing because this team his hooped without him meanwhile we have helm who is content sitting out season after season

Yup...Helm, one of our fiercest competitors who has had a nasty string of unfortunate injuries is "content" sitting out. Give your head a shake.

Goodnight LGW, this is getting retarded. After the olympic break, our team will be better, and Helm will be ready to go.

You create your own luck. Rangers outshot and had the better of the scoring chances. They earned there lucky bounce.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Maybe slightly, but it was hardly a one-sided game. The Red Wings had ~40 shots and plenty of quality scoring chances too. The Rangers didn't do much more to create that one lucky bounce than the Wings did.

To be fair, we've faced four of the best goalies in the league over these past four games - all with, of course, a monstrously depleted lineup. We have trouble scoring when we're fully healthy. We can't expect the Griffins to come up and do much better against Niemi, Quick, Hiller, and Lundqvist.

And yeah, something is definitely wrong with Z. His strategy on every play - regardless of the zone - seems to be "Carry the puck. And then, keep carrying it. And then, keep carrying it!" Or maybe he just doesn't trust anyone enough. Abdelkader is Abdelkader and Nyquist is so cold I fear he'll die of exposure. Babs could try putting Jurco on his line, but that would require thinking.

Yup...Helm, one of our fiercest competitors who has had a nasty string of unfortunate injuries is "content" sitting out. Give your head a shake.

Goodnight LGW, this is getting retarded. After the olympic break, our team will be better, and Helm will be ready to go.

That may be and I love helm as well but he's been a part time hockey player for 3 years and he does this team absolutely no good besides give us hope instead of finding a replacement

As much as the other team no they didnt. Not saying they didnt work hard. The opposition just worked harder. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I agree that they worked harder. They had more skill in their lineup, but equal effort.

The thing I hate most about the wings is hearing that injured players are feeling good only to hear that the day of they are not playing, and that just goes on and on. I for the life or me have never seen so many injuries in one season. They are missing 5 top 9 forwards and that's not including Tatar missing tonight. And they are missing a top pairing d-man! I was extremely happy with the effort tonight it's just so damn difficult to play so short handed. I wanna say that I can't wait to see this healthy, but honestly I just can't see them ever getting healthy. If guys aren't getting hurt in games, it's in practice, or the car ride to practice. This is absolutely insane and so frustrating. This team could be a major contender if they ever got healthu

I just think the Wings are going to fall to the point of no return. Even when they get healthy, unless they go on like a ten game win streak they have a great chance of missing the playoffs. I just think this team is so fragile. I truly believe even Zetterberg is playing injured. How long is going to take for our players to get into game shape even when they come back? These injuries have been a nightmare, and that's an understatement.

Maybe slightly, but it was hardly a one-sided game. The Red Wings had ~40 shots and plenty of quality scoring chances too. The Rangers didn't do much more to create that one lucky bounce than the Wings did.

The wings did put up a decent shot total but the quality of the chances were a bit in favor of the rangers. Thats the difference. If a team has to hope for puck luck every game they wont win many.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk