• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#261 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Of course the Rangers chances were better. They should be given the discrepancy in skill. The Wings simply aren't going to get a barrage of spectacular scoring opportunities with that lineup. They worked hard and did pretty well for themselves anyways and got beat by a great goalie. I thought the Red Wings earned some puck luck or an ugly goal, like the Rangers got.
Regardless, we need healthy bodies more than anything.

Fair enough. I just hate the "puck luck" excuse. Its a cop out in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#262 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

What's unfortunate is that we didn't manage to hold on for a point in this and the last game. Seems like all the teams around us lose in OT/SO when they don't win, and those extra points make a huge difference. 

But it's no use to be upset right now. One can only hope these injuries turn around. It's gotten to the breaking point, we're simply not going to win many/any games with this lineup. Literally anyone that's out injured right now would be a huge reinforement. Strength down the middle is a key to success in this league and we have a clearly less than 100% Zetterberg, followed by 3 AHL players. 

It's ridiculous. Just insane. But it has to turn around, just has to. And hopefully it won't be too late. 

#263 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

4 goals in the last 4 games with back to back shutouts by the opposing goalie. Can't just continue to feel sorry for themselves with the injuries...someone needs to step up at some point. Been pretty disappointed with Nyquist as of late. 

#264 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Fair enough. I just hate the "puck luck" excuse. Its a cop out in my opinion. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I agree...The unfortunate reality is that there's not alot from what I can see from GR to get me to believe that the Red Wings will once again become a powerhouse in the NHL.

Hope I'm wrong.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#265 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Come on guys.  It was a really good game.  They aren't going to win many games with this lineup.  It's just not going to happen.  It sucks, but it's not nearly as frustrating (to me anyway) as when they should play better and they fail miserably.  Honestly, they should have played worse or the score should definitely have been worse.  The team the Rangers iced was better that the players Detroit has available.

#266 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

What's unfortunate is that we didn't manage to hold on for a point in this and the last game. Seems like all the teams around us lose in OT/SO when they don't win, and those extra points make a huge difference. 

But it's no use to be upset right now. One can only hope these injuries turn around. It's gotten to the breaking point, we're simply not going to win many/any games with this lineup. Literally anyone that's out injured right now would be a huge reinforement. Strength down the middle is a key to success in this league and we have a clearly less than 100% Zetterberg, followed by 3 AHL players. 

It's ridiculous. Just insane. But it has to turn around, just has to. And hopefully it won't be too late.

Getting the extra point was what we where doing earlier in the year, I guess the tables have now turned.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#267 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Double post.

Edited by CMatt89, 16 January 2014 - 10:05 PM.

#268 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Injuries suck, yes. But the forwards are way too one dimentional. Too many speedy defensive forwards, 0 offensive guys. This season is scrapped already due to poor,or panicked off season moves, for 2 offseasons. The future is brighter then the present, and unfortunately as fans, the dead weight cant be let go for some time and patience has ran out. Wings need health, and their top, most fragile players will be giving their playoff push to the olympics. Game over.

#269 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

Come on guys.  It was a really good game.  They aren't going to win many games with this lineup.  It's just not going to happen.  It sucks, but it's not nearly as frustrating (to me anyway) as when they should play better and they fail miserably.  Honestly, they should have played worse or the score should definitely have been worse.  The team the Rangers iced was better that the players Detroit has available.

So far this season seems to be either they lose because of piss poor effort (see our loss to the Isles a few weeks ago), or they lose because they're simply out matched.

Either way - we still lose.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#270 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

Absolutely. It seems that almost every team around the Wings are involved in a 3 point game just to add salt to the wound in the trove of regulation losses the Wings are piling up. In addition to the Wings' critical regulation loss to the Rangers: Montreal, Ottawa, New York Islanders, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia (SOL) all went to OT or SO tonight.

Edited by aflac9262, 16 January 2014 - 10:12 PM.

#271 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Not sure why we even play some of these games. It's obvious we can't win until we get our fragile Sheilas back in the lineup. I never thought I'd say this but I wish we would just go ahead and trade Helm. I LOVE the guy when he plays but It's obvious his fragile body can't handle professional hockey. We might as well get something for him before other teams realize he will never play more than 50 games in a season.

#272 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Just 5 wins in 14 games. Not good enough to make the playoffs in any division.

#273 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

I hate this season. Following the Wings is supposed to be fun.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#274 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

i just dont see them improving when everybody is back. i think theyre playing better now then when they were healthy in the beginning of the season. just not able to score. kids have been great.

#275 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

If I know anything about hockey - its that puck luck doesn't just happen - you create it through hard work and its infectious. Its not often you see a total s*** team getting beat everywhere on the ice and not hustling at all get puck luck. If we had just a little more jump in our step tonight it would have come for us but we didn't muster the collective energy to make it happen. Myself and I suspect the team included were feeling pretty sore about the last game and when things didn't go their way tonight they didn't rise above that feeling. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#276 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,646 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

The Red Wings are working hard. Just being competitive in games is rather impressive given the lineup right now.

I don't see this as an effort problem at all. Unfortunately, this team is just seriously devoid of talent at the moment.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#277 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

The injury excuse is getting old fast, this just isn't a very good hockeyclub and other teamd are having injuries too. Assuming the club would still be in the west they'd be already six points behind in the standings. At the end of the day at least Holland and Babcock are getting a lot of answers for next season and hopefully reshape this team in a lot of ways.

Edited by frankgrimes, 17 January 2014 - 12:13 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#278 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

i agree with a lot of statements I said that even when we were health we weren't great dispite the fact we did get 4 wins in a row at the beginning of the year we also got 4 loses as well and that was with almost everyone but helm. truth is even the kids aren't SAVING this team this year it is scaring me but mostly breaking my heart I have been a wings fan since I was 2 and was 8 the last time we missed the playoffs im 30 now and even if we do miss it id still stick with them im enjoying how most of the guys are playing but its sad that we aren't turning important games into 2 point

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#279 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

*Explodes*

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#280 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:48 AM

If I know anything about hockey - its that puck luck doesn't just happen - you create it through hard work and its infectious. Its not often you see a total s*** team getting beat everywhere on the ice and not hustling at all get puck luck. If we had just a little more jump in our step tonight it would have come for us but we didn't muster the collective energy to make it happen. Myself and I suspect the team included were feeling pretty sore about the last game and when things didn't go their way tonight they didn't rise above that feeling. 

I dunno, I thought we played a mostly solid game, same as last game. And I thought we had tons of golden opportunities, same as last game. What we're really, really, really missing is guys who can finish, i.e. top-six goal-scorers. We're playing with heart and hustle and compete and structure, we're battling, we're keeping it close, we might even be cutting down on fatal defensive lapses. (Quincey saving a goal? Bizzaro world.) We simply don't have enough firepower. And when you're going up against Niemi, Quick, Hiller, and Lundqvist, you need all the firepower you can get.

Of course, my opinion on this will probably change tomorrow and I'll blame it all on Kindl.

Don't Toews me, bro!