Photo
- - - - -

Would Samuelsson ever consider retiring mid-season?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

There is nothing that can be done about the contract now. Do I blame Sam ? No, if somebody offers me such a contract I'll sure take it, the whole fiasco just like the Colaiacovo, Weiss thing is solely on Holland. After looking at it, even if Sam does retire the caphit still counts thanks to the stupid CBA.

So the  best thing we can hope for, is he does play well when he is in the lineup everything elese is out of the teams control as sad as it is.

as for Holland being ill-prepared...well that's true and given the almost blank cheque from the best owner in all sports the roster should be better, bu t it is what it is. Hopefully, next season will be "clean house" time, don't re-sign any of the vets (including Alfie there is enough leadership on this team and he wont win a cup here) and give the young guns more opportunities.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#62 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

Colaiacovo was signed to play a support role, not a main role, where Kindl was there when he was inevitably going to be hurt.  He missed more time last year than he ever had before, and Holland knew he was probably going to have a buyout available if the cap dropped and Cola wasn't needed anymore.

Weiss doesn't have a history of groin injuries, I'm not sure how you think Holland was supposed to have predicted that, unless you're saying that Holland is the one who hurt Weiss in the first place.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#63 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

Weiss has played 80 games in a season twice so he has a history of injuries regardless of what kind they are

#64 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Samuelsson will be on the roster, and never see the ice in the playoffs.

With roster limits going by the wayside after the trade deadline & the salary cap limit doing the same during the playoffs, Sammy might still technically be on the big  club's roster but I have a feeling there are plenty of youngsters that have seen time in the NHL this season or are still in GR that would be given a shot over Sammy.

#65 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

Weiss has played 80 games in a season twice so he has a history of injuries regardless of what kind they are

By that logic, so does Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and a lot of other NHL players.  Hockey is a rough sport, missing a few games is expected.  75-ish games is a better mark to look at, and by that he's been pretty durable throughout his career.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!