• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Firefighter4WingedWheel

Bleacher Report: 1 Player On Each Team That Will Have Improved Scorin

Rate this topic

Hopefully I do this right this time so I don't get flamed. My apologies for the confusion prior. They list Bertuzzi for the Wings.

Basically they are saying he will have 8 goals and 20 points in the second half of the season. I think Bert will need to step following the Olympic break. And honestly I think he will. Players are going to come back from Sochi tired and hurt and I think Bert will be able to create some space and find the net.

Like the article says though, he is going to be 39 and missed a season due to his back.

Thoughts?

Bleacher Report

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I don't know really my concern is that we need to get most of our guys back honestly I wouldn't care if bertuzzi didn't score much again this season if it means we get pasha alfie frazen Weiss and helm back doing it on top of tats and Z these guys are who I count on everyone else is just sorta there they may find other ways to contribute and that would be fine but reallyits a matter of getting guys back right now

Yeah I agree. We haven't been able to put a fully healthy squad on the ice and that worries me. Especially with the olympics coming up. Guys will need a morale boost from the games and make a strong push, but that will all fall short if we continue to be plagued with injuries. If we make the playoffs it will be as a wildcard at best.

Isn't there a comment section on bleacher report? Why are posting all these articles here?

I dont get your attitude.

Hes posting it here because this is a discussion forum. A place where members post articles from all sources so that we can all talk about them. I personally like when people post outside articles, it makes it much easier to read different opinions without having to dig through the entire internet to find stuff, and Im sure many others agree.

Back to the topic, I dont think it will be bert because when our guys get back from injury (hopefully) he will be buried back in the 3/4 line. If hes gonna score, hell do it now while hes getting 1st line minutes. If I had to take anyone, eventhough its possibly a long shot, I think it will be Weiss. I get the feeling that when he comes back, he wont have as much internal pressure on himself to produce and hell play more relaxed. He could very well be our X-factor going into the playoffs.

PLEASE: If you're not interested in the topic at hand or reading the article provided, please do not waste time and bandwidth complaining about a topic. Comment on the topic at hand or don't comment at all. We have enough to complain about! :)

It used to be we could count on Bert for a pretty shootout goal here and there. This year, not at all. He's lost that too, and IMO that was his saving grace for this team. On the OP, I think guys like tats, and Nyquist will be the X factor. They've shown some streaks of brilliance, and streaks of absenteeism. If they can keep it turned up down the stretch and in the playoffs if we get there, as long as Dats and Z and Mule are healthy, I think other teams will put all their efforts into snuffing them out, and Nyquist and Tats will step it up on them.

I think in the right role, with the right linemates he's still useful. It's no coincidence that he was producing quite well at the beginning of the season with Dats and Z, and if everyone were healthy and we could ice that line again I'd be happy and I think he'd produce. I also think he looked real good with Sheahan and Jurco last night and think if that were our third line we'd get real good production out of them. Anyway, I'm not saying I think he should be resigned or anything, but I think he can still contribute through the end of this season.