• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

1/18 GDT: Kings 2 @ Red Wings 3 (Shootout)

Rate this topic

I really do wonder what Jimmy and Quick were saying to each other.

@FSDwakiji: #RedWings Howard on Quick: We were just discussing what we were going to do over in Sochi together, who we were going to bring.

@FSDwakiji: #RedWings Howard on Quick: I told him I was bringing my parents and my sister & I asked him who he was bringing so it was a good discussion.

Interesting: they're not showing the game highlights on NHL Tonight. Just the shootout, in its entirety.

@FSDwakiji: #RedWings Howard on Quick: We were just discussing what we were going to do over in Sochi together, who we were going to bring.

@FSDwakiji: #RedWings Howard on Quick: I told him I was bringing my parents and my sister & I asked him who he was bringing so it was a good discussion.

"Oh, really? I'm bringing your sister too!"

"Why I oughta--"

That goal was hilarious and I don't even care they got it wrong. I had to watch the replay on FSD and they cut out like half the game, so I'll have to watch an archive later to see everything that happened, but lolz @ Howard...I love it.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread but the Wings have been screwed by a goal like this before (against the Sharks IIRC) so I shed no tears for the Kings. They badly needed these points so good on them for getting them.

Edited by hankzet40

Yes, i'll take the win, eventhough it should not have been a good goal. Detroit played pretty well in the third and even established some offensive pressure. I dont get why Sheahan and Tatar was split up, those two have been great together. Now if anything chemistry is more important than depth. Sheahan should be a regular by next season.

Guest Playmaker

It's good the Wings got 2 points. They need them.

Kings are my second favorite team so it's unfortunate to see them lose on such an awful goal. Darryl Sutter summed it up, no matter who it was scored on it's embarrassing for the league.

How does a puck go 30 feet in the air into the netting and four officials don't see it? And the bigger question, how does O'Halloran still have a job as an NHL ref? If there's a record for being involved on terrible goal calls, he owns it.

Rule 85 the NHL rulebook: "If the puck striking the spectator netting goes unnoticed by the on ice officials, play shall continue on as normal and resulting play with puck shall be deemed legitimate"

As Osgood stated in the post game show, they can't assume where the puck went, they actually have to see it. The one official behind the net was clearly fixed on the goal area. The second referee was also looking downward and towards the goal. Toronto can only review whether the puck crossed the line. That was obvious. But they can't review whether the puck hit the netting. Should they have seen the puck? Yes. But, they followed the NHL rules as written, so it isn't the horrific call that everyone seems to think it is.

I was really appreciative that Ken Daniels was on top of it and knew the situation. The radio guys didn't at all and couldn't believe that Toronto couldn't see that it hit the netting.

Edited by Playmaker

Guest Playmaker

That OT period with Jurco and Shehan was amazing. They created alot of scoring chances, but yeah according to some we don't need those chances.

Did my eyes deceive me or was Danny Cleary no where to be found in the late stages of the game and OT?

12023585555_0cd0e277ed_o.jpg

Per request by BottleOfSmoke somewhere in tonights GDT. You may use as you see fit.

If I hadn't already changed my avatar to Tatar, I'd be using this one for sure. Background on my phone......yeah it is!

Edit: Mabus......nice work dude, as always.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler

Guest RyaN_84

do red wings fans really think they deserved that win?!
i mean come on seriously!!!

do red wings fans really think they deserved that win?!

i mean come on seriously!!!

Who claimed that? Pretty much every person in this GDT has acknowledged the tying goal was a huge break.

The Red Wings still played a solid game. They deserved something to go their way finally.

The goal was a joke, and the NHL needs serious reform in terms of how these games are officiated.

With that said, I think the Wings deserve it after so many bad calls against them. It's nice for it to go their way for once.

But I'll be pretty disgusted if this is a regular thing.

I agree with Mickey, make the nets fair play.

It could lead to tactics like 'dump the puck into the zone off the netting' to make it harder for the defending team to pick up the puck.

The nets are out of bounds, it's just a safety measure. If you make it fair play you may as well encase the whole rink in glass and make everything fair play.

Though this goal was definitely legal by the rule book. If the refs don't blow the play dead then play goes as usual. Lucky break, which we needed.

Guest RyaN_84

i really hope this isn't a constant thing.
the league needs to look at this and make ALL plays reviewable.

Can't do that, where will it end. Games will end up being 4 hours long. Line has to be drawn somewhere. This type of play does not happen often. Nobody is perfect, people make mistakes. At least the rule book covers the scenario and by the rule book, the call was correct. Best way to fix the net thing, allow play off the net, just like the glass. If it's not the net, it will be something else. I can think of worse calls, especially when the ref is looking right at the puck and still misses it. Many of the Homy calls were worse, Wings lost goals just because he sniffed the blue paint. Won't be long, wings will have one that does not go their way.

Edited by Blood On The Ice

Guest Playmaker

Not realistic, nor would I want it to be that way. Games are already too long, it would be ridiculous.