• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Huge Russian D signs

Rate this topic

Redwings affiliate Toledo have given a contract to 22 yr old Russian D Ildar Telyakov, could this be a way of the Wings getting a look at this kid prior to the draft. He is overage, played most of his career in the lower Russian leagues is undrafted and his stats are not outstanding but he could look Chara straight in the eyes!!

Interesting as to why Toledo would have signed him.

22 is too old to be drafted. Max draft age is 20.

Toledo is having a terrible year, I'm sure they're looking for help anywhere they can find it. The Walleye are also affiliated with Chicago, so it could be their influence...

Edited by joshy207

Although it is nice to think of a towering 6'9" defender on our blue line some day, I wouldn't count on this kid making the Wings roster. With all the potential d prospects we have coming up over the next few years I just don't see this kid making the cut. As for it maybe being the influence of the Blackhawks, yes it is possible, but unlikely because of the fact that he attended the Red Wings training camp last fall.

Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser are for sure here long term. Smith, Kindl, and Lashoff may or may not be here long term. Sproul, Ouellet, Bakman, Marchenko, Jensen, and possibly Almquist have pretty decent chances of being NHL defensemen sometime in the next 2-3 years. Then they have McKee, McNulty, De haas, Fournier, Nicastro, Nedomlel, and Wheaton. Where would this kid fit in the Wings' organization even if he does make the unlikely journey from where he's at now to the NHL?