• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

any updates on Franzen? Is he close to returning? It almost getting to trade deadline and if he isn't going to be healthy, that roster spot and $4M can go a LONG way in acquiring much needed help to make the playoffs!

Package him up with nyquist +smith for an impact player like JVR (see the discussion taking place in the "Pipeline" thread)

Commence winning cup :)

Edit: sorry to derail the thread/ignore youre question. But hes still not close according to what ive read. Which usually means 1-2 weeks. I dont think we'll see him before Sochi.

Edited by RedWang

Guest mjtm77

Howard out at least 1 week. He has been our best player. This may eliminate out playoff chance

Out at least one week in Red Wings injury terms is probably after the Olympic Break for Howard.

Huge loss, obviously. Jimmy was stealing games with the team unable to score goals and now they have to ride a habitually inconsistent Gustavsson coming off injury.

It's getting to the point where you almost just have to call this season lost. A lot of other teams in playoff contention plus the Wings inability to get remotely healthy is going to be very tough to overcome.

I just don't want the injuries to be an excuse for complacency in the off-season. Remove the dead weight, let the kids have permanent spots and make a move or two to solidify the defense.

Guest mjtm77

Sad to say playoffs r slipping away

I honestly have no idea what hockey in spring will be like without the wings in it...

Seriously, there are 33 games to go! The Wings are playing well of late (minus the Blues game) and are starting to get some of these guys back in the lineup slowly. I don't want to hear any talk about missing the playoffs yet! It's January!!!!

I know these injuries are depressing but our depleted lineup nearly beat the Ducks, beat the Kings twice in a week and could very well have gone 4-1-0 on that last road trip. Isn't that something to be optimistic about with big E coming back for the Hawks game, Alfredsson back this weekend (hopefully) and Datsyuk maybe next week?

This team will get healthy and with the additionally pieces will hopefully just add to our recent string of good games…..

Seriously, there are 33 games to go! The Wings are playing well of late (minus the Blues game) and are starting to get some of these guys back in the lineup slowly. I don't want to hear any talk about missing the playoffs yet! It's January!!!!

I know these injuries are depressing but our depleted lineup nearly beat the Ducks, beat the Kings twice in a week and could very well have gone 4-1-0 on that last road trip. Isn't that something to be optimistic about with big E coming back for the Hawks game, Alfredsson back this weekend (hopefully) and Datsyuk maybe next week?

This team will get healthy and with the additionally pieces will hopefully just add to our recent string of good games..

We've been playing well almost all year.

The problem is, as wings fan, most of whom are pretty damn knowledgeable and schooled in the ways of the org. We judge the play subjectively.

When Pavels out, we expect less.

When hanks our we expect even more less.

Our standards are lax because our team is depleted.

Were literally missing EVERY expected center, but were still playing well, given our lineup.

It looks like we're playing really responsibly, but I fear I only think that because I'm used to them playing horrid hockey, and without the benefit of hindsight(and improved play) I can't see as many mistakes.

We need pav.

We need Alfie(this season)

And we need Weiss, and we need him to come back playing like a first line center gracious enough to play on a team where he can play against second pairings.

When we get bodies back, the team will continue to improve. The big problem all year was different lines every night due to guys dropping like flies. Look now, we've had the same line up for a little while (although depleted) and the team has been playing better each night for the most part. a couple of 1-0 losses against the type of teams we lost them to with our line up is a sign of good things to come IMO.

Guest mjtm77

I myself agree it will improve, but this next set of games before the break are huge. It won't get us a spot but it could loose us a spot

Edit- with Howard out. Yikes

Edited by mjtm77

"@Bill_Roose: How's this for a good sign? #RedWings center Stephen Weiss is on the ice in full gear before today's morning skate."

Nice for him being healed but aside from that big deal. Unless he starts scoring goals he won't bring anything to the team that is needed. Also what about the cap with him coming back from LTIR?

Nice for him being healed but aside from that big deal. Unless he starts scoring goals he won't bring anything to the team that is needed. Also what about the cap with him coming back from LTIR?

Holland dreads the day - it is in his nightmares - just keep denying the need to make a move.