• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

Datsyuk will play one or two games before the break so no one can act like he was purely saving himself for Sochi. We all know his focus by now. This is a very big deal to him and understandably so. I hope z plays tomorrow, we could really use a win.

Atleast based on whos skating at practice, it appears cleary n bert will be scratches!

Sounds like no Datsyuk tomorrow, but he's skating at least. Zetterberg possible.

source: Ansar Khan

Just came to say the same thing..

Weiss is skating also. But left the ice early.

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Andersson skating on the wing on line with Helm and Alfredsson, so Zetterberg might be ready to play Friday."

The cynicism against Datsyuk is offensive to me. It seems like people on this board are ready to turn against any player just cause they're dissatisfied. The truth is that we don't know what's going on with him. He had a concussion earlier in the year - maybe it's something related to that that has kept him out. Who knows, why think that he suddenly cares nothing for the team that he's given his whole career to?

The cynicism against Datsyuk is offensive to me. It seems like people on this board are ready to turn against any player just cause they're dissatisfied. The truth is that we don't know what's going on with him. He had a concussion earlier in the year - maybe it's something related to that that has kept him out. Who knows, why think that he suddenly cares nothing for the team that he's given his whole career to?

Yeah it's pretty disgusting actually. Datsyuk is apparently "skating on one leg" and people question if he's even hurt. At this point he needs to be able to start practicing at 100% really soon or he might miss the Olympics, or at the very least not be anywhere near game-shape in them. He hasn't become a superstar by resting himself into shape.

I dont question that hes hurt. I wasnt being cynical. Or atleast wasnt trying to be. I just think hes waiting until hes 100% healed so hes ready for sochi and will need a couple tuneup games to get back to speed. I wasnt implying anything against the guy.

Would you rather he go into the olympics at 70% and comes out hobbled, and hurting, then kills himself getting us into the playoffs?

Anyway you look at it its smart, he gets much deserved rest and he's getting healthy for the end of the season start of the playoffs which is when we need him most.

Plus he gets back into gameshape playing on the big ice skating more gives him more room to test out some crazy dangles.

I wont be worried if he doesnt play before the Olympics.

It's pavel effin datsyuk.

There's the reasonable thinking that Zetterberg is capable of playing through the type of injury he has, but Datsyuk's injury for whatever reason doesn't allow him to play.

Z is the captain of this team - Stevie set the precedent for sucking it up. Datsyuk has the pressure of being team captain for the home team of the olympics and likely playing one of his last olympics - I'd say they are in different positions even if they had the same injury even though they don't.

Z is the captain of this team - Stevie set the precedent for sucking it up. Datsyuk has the pressure of being team captain for the home team of the olympics and likely playing one of his last olympics - I'd say they are in different positions even if they had the same injury even though they don't.

Do you have any specifics on either player's injury? You seem to be suggesting that Datsyuk is saving himself for playing for Russia rather than the team he's paid to play for ... well, because he's the captain ... even though Zetterberg is also an Olympic Captain.

Is Steven Stamkos doing the same? On Yzerman's team?

I think it's safe to say nobody knows what is really going on. It's not ridiculous to think Pavel is saving himself for the Olympics or that the injuries are so severe that he really cannot play.

I'm just speaking out of frustration that the Wings may not make the playoffs because of injuries

Do you have any specifics on either player's injury? You seem to be suggesting that Datsyuk is saving himself for playing for Russia rather than the team he's paid to play for ... well, because he's the captain ... even though Zetterberg is also an Olympic Captain.

Is Steven Stamkos doing the same? On Yzerman's team?

Its different because Russia is the home team. Great expectations. I'm not saying Dats isn't injured - I just think he would be playing right now if he didn't have the olympics. Z has an obligation to lead this team as a captain regardless of being olympics captain.

Guest mjtm77

I agree that dats could be saving himself for the Olympics. only thing is we don't actually know so...

I don't like that Datsyuk's plan is: to get in a few games before the olympics. When you put it like that it sounds like he just wants the couple games in Detroit for conditioning purposes for the olympics.

It should be - Datsyuk is trying to hurry back to help detroit before the olympic break.

Datsyuk leaves everything on the ice every night, dangles around people with ease for us, show him a little respect. If he says he's too injured to play, I believe him. He's earned that much. Often times guys think it's a small injury then after a week it still hurts and it doesn't seem to go away, Datsyuk isn't Sammy, he's not out with a sore boob.

I would believe that.

ya nothing else makes sense at this point. certainly not a groin like everyone said in the beginning. very frustrating but why lie about it?

plus if it is a concussion he has no idea if he will play in the olympics or not.

Edited by DRW Dominance