• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

Considering Franzen's year as-a-whole, it's probably not terrible news for the team that he isn't skating. As an individual it's awful he is still sidelined and I would never have wished it on him or anybody else.

Huh? Franzen was playing pretty excellent before he got hurt.

The only "good" thing about it is that, as someone mentioned above, it helps us very temporarily with the cap situation that Holland put us in with the Clearmuelsstuzzi contracts as we can keep Mule on LTIR when Weiss comes back.

Edited by hooon

Huh? Franzen was playing pretty excellent before he got hurt.

The only "good" thing about it is that, as someone mentioned above, it helps us very temporarily with the cap situation that Holland put us in with the Clearmuelsstuzzi contracts as we can keep Mule on LTIR when Weiss comes back.

everything just seems to narrowly and perfectly work out with perfect timing for KH doesn't it

Yeah i just read that Jurco n Sheahan are back in GR until next season. Laaaaame.

Unless a trade is made to clear salary or more people get hurt. Even if it wasn't for the cap though, you can't send down every vet on your roster in favor of prospects.

playoffs

Plus: inevitable future injuries. Hell, we've got ten players in Sochi, at least two of which are clearly trying to play through injury. So I'd say the odds are pretty good that at least one of Jurco/Sheahan will be called up again before we even reach the playoffs. And another thing: it's only going to get rougher, chippier, etc. from here until the playoffs, given how tight the races are in both conferences. So, really, we WILL be dealing with more injuries. Bank on it.

The only thing I really don't like about it is that Cleary and Bertuzzi (and Samuelsson?) are, ultimately, safe. So all the talk about the best guys playing and a guy's pay being irrelevant was mostly just talk. Not that I don't get that we're in cap hell. I guess I, like everyone, am frustrated that we have to be in cap hell at all. Re-signing Cleary and Bertuzzi, overpaying Tootoo, bringing back Samuelsson...and I'm not convinced Kenny has learned his lesson.

Edited by Dabura

Plus: inevitable future injuries. Hell, we've got ten players in Sochi, at least two of which are clearly trying to play through injury. So I'd say the odds are pretty good that at least one of Jurco/Sheahan will be called up again before we even reach the playoffs. And another thing: it's only going to get rougher, chippier, etc. from here until the playoffs, given how tight the races are in both conferences. So, really, we WILL be dealing with more injuries. Bank on it.

The only thing I really don't like about it is that Cleary and Bertuzzi (and Samuelsson?) are, ultimately, safe. So all the talk about the best guys playing and a guy's pay being irrelevant was mostly just talk. Not that I don't get that we're in cap hell. I guess I, like everyone, am frustrated that we have to be in cap hell at all. Re-signing Cleary and Bertuzzi, overpaying Tootoo, bringing back Samuelsson...and I'm not convinced Kenny has learned his lesson.

Cleary is probably going to need to go down for cap reasons, and so will Samuelsson. Bertuzzi only clears $100k though. Unless they make a trade, they can afford this forward lineup:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Tatar-Helm-Alfredsson

Miller-Andersson-Bertuzzi

and one of Glendening or Emmerton. That leaves not very much cap space. If they choose Emmerton, they may have enough for Samuelsson too, but only just. I didn't run that scenario through capgeek because Samuelsson is so terrible.

Cleary is probably going to need to go down for cap reasons, and so will Samuelsson. Bertuzzi only clears $100k though. Unless they make a trade, they can afford this forward lineup:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Tatar-Helm-Alfredsson

Miller-Andersson-Bertuzzi

and one of Glendening or Emmerton. That leaves not very much cap space. If they choose Emmerton, they may have enough for Samuelsson too, but only just. I didn't run that scenario through capgeek because Samuelsson is so terrible.

that lineup looks a lot less dangerous without the Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar line :(

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Euro_Twins

that lineup looks a lot less dangerous without the Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar line :(

Edit: Grammar

That depends on what Weiss and Franzen can do. Weiss has a pretty good history of production, and Franzen can usually be counted on for over 25 goals and around 60 points. If Weiss can get back into form, he's better than Sheahan. Franzen was on fire when he got hurt, if he can come back healthy, he's better than Jurco.

Not if Weiss plays how we expected him to when we signed him.

While I agree with this, and I was a big supporter of the Weiss signing, there is a whole lot riding on him becoming who we signed him to be, but if z ends up on ltir, we can keep the kids up and roll 4 dangerous lines, with Weiss, helm, franzen Datsyuk, alfie, nyquist, tats sheahan, and jurco, we could be a force to be reckoned with, shame it has to be on z's back (no pun intended) though...

While I agree with this, and I was a big supporter of the Weiss signing, there is a whole lot riding on him becoming who we signed him to be, but if z ends up on ltir, we can keep the kids up and roll 4 dangerous lines, with Weiss, helm, franzen Datsyuk, alfie, nyquist, tats sheahan, and jurco, we could be a force to be reckoned with, shame it has to be on z's back (no pun intended) though...

Ah, good points.. Z on ltir would make sense but hopefully he doesn't need it. It would be so bittersweet though

Guest Playmaker

Weiss has pretty much missed two full seasons with different, but serious injuries. Does anyone really think he's going to come back and dominate?

Weiss has pretty much missed two full seasons with different, but serious injuries. Does anyone really think he's going to come back and dominate?

Others have done it, I won't count out the possibility until I see otherwise, not getting my hopes too high either though