• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

Gustavsson is out with a sore groin? Are you serious? Is our training staff for real? Are our players for real?

Eh, Gustavsson's been having recurring groin-problems as long as he's been in the NHL. He can't stay healthy enough to ever be a #1. Howard would get the start tomorrow anyway so it's not a big deal, hopefully this time Gus won't be out long.

Seeing it in order, in print, really spells out what a terrible couple of years Helm has had.

Helm expects to be out at least another week with possible concussion-like symptoms.

He had a little bit of a headache following the Feb. 27 game in Ottawa, when he bounced his head off the ice hard and was grazed on the chin from another check.

But he felt fine during the four-day break and continued practicing. He played the first two periods Tuesday in New Jersey before leaving the game.

This issue is the latest in what has been an incredibly rough two-year stretch for the fast-skating center.

Helm suffered a sprained MCL on March 17, 2012.

He returned in the playoff opener against Nashville before having tendons in his forearm sliced by a skate blade, knocking him out of the postseason.

His cheek bone was fractured by a deflected puck at an informal practice during the lockout.

His hurt his back lifting weights a few days before training camp in 2013, an injury that limited him to one game during the lockout-shortened season.

This season, he missed the first 14 games with a pulled groin. He returned for 15 games before suffering a shoulder injury that idled him for 11 games more. He came back for one game before sitting out seven more with a groin injury.

He said this is the first time he’s dealt with head issues.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/03/red_wings_darren_helm_expects.html

Seeing it in order, in print, really spells out what a terrible couple of years Helm has had.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/03/red_wings_darren_helm_expects.html

Poor guy. The good news is that they're all separate injuries, so its not like he has one problematic chronic issue (yet), like Zetterberg's back. Hopefully he can get this bad luck behind him and string together a handful of games and keep the ball rolling.

Franzen's careers over?

My bad, I just realized he played in the last game and that lazy bastard scored a bunch, who woulda thought? After his last concussion LGW had me convinced his career was over. Guess I gotta start actually watching hockey games.

Let miller play center and bring up pulk. Scratch that, move glendening down and put Abby in the middle of alfy and pulk.

Mule-Legwand-nyquist

Pulk-Abby-alfy

Jurco-sheahan-Tatar

Bert-glendening-miller

That's what I would do. Dear god do not call up emmerton

Edited by Nyquistfan14