• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

Given the news on pav he I'll for sure be playing next Wednesday the only reason he might not is because its Boston and the wings won't want the bruins taking runs at him therefore they may opt to keep pav out til Friday against buffalo. The options with pav Weiss and Abby all back are nice to have and will make the team much better.

Nyqyist-pav-alfie (I think this is the best way to use alfie and I really want to see Nyquist with pav)

Jurco-sheahan- Tatar (no reason not to keep them together)

Franzen- helm- Weiss

Abby- legwand- Miller/ glendening

Given the news on pav he I'll for sure be playing next Wednesday the only reason he might not is because its Boston and the wings won't want the bruins taking runs at him therefore they may opt to keep pav out til Friday against buffalo. The options with pav Weiss and Abby all back are nice to have and will make the team much better.

Nyqyist-pav-alfie (I think this is the best way to use alfie and I really want to see Nyquist with pav)

Jurco-sheahan- Tatar (no reason not to keep them together)

Franzen- helm- Weiss

Abby- legwand- Miller/ glendening

Everyone keeps saying Weiss is coming back, did I miss something here?

Guest DeGraa55

shaehan and glendog were unknowns, now they're not. center is fine.

need top 6 wingers? we have two in nyq and tatar.

just need everyone healthy and to trim the dead weight and the wings have a very good set of forwards.

defense is what is needed.

Funny how I said we need too 6 wingers and you go on and only name two...besides right now Tatar is more of a third line guy this year maybe next year. Nyquist I def is a top6 but another was needed.

Also how can you say Sheahan and glendening were unknowns but Tatar and nyquist were top 6. Before thy got play time they were all unknowns. LOL. You're confusing present day with the offseason I think.

Apparently he skated the last two days and will practice with the team on Tuesday. So hoping he can get going because he is a good player I don't care what anyone says if he can get going.

I know he skated, and I agree he is a good player. The problem is he hasn't really been pushing himself when he's been skating, so I hope he will be back soon, but I'm not anticipating anything yet.

Don't look for Pavel Datsyuk to return to action next week.

Although he is progressing from a knee injury he is not slated to skate with his Red Wing teammates in a real practice until Tuesday. That doesn't bode well for a return in the next seven days. Check back with us next week for further updates on Datsyuk's recovery. Mar 29 - 9:40 AM

Source: Detroit News

Don't look for Pavel Datsyuk to return to action next week.
Although he is progressing from a knee injury he is not slated to skate with his Red Wing teammates in a real practice until Tuesday. That doesn't bode well for a return in the next seven days. Check back with us next week for further updates on Datsyuk's recovery. Mar 29 - 9:40 AM
Source: Detroit News

They practice Tuesday and then will have another practice Thursday, so Pavel playing Friday or Saturday is not out of the question. I think it depends how the team does between now and next weekend. If they win today and lose Wedneday, it won't be a huge need to rush Pav back, but if we lose today and Wednesday, then they will feel more of a need to bring him back. Personally though, I think he will play next weekend.

Also how can you say Sheahan and glendening were unknowns but Tatar and nyquist were top 6. Before thy got play time they were all unknowns. LOL. You're confusing present day with the offseason I think.

To be fair, Nyquist and Tatar showed much more promise in terms of scoring-line potential. Leading scorers for the Griffins, and Nyquist had a great postseason performance with us against the Ducks and 'hawks.

Guest Playmaker

Personally, I'd rather they just put Weiss on the shelf for the rest of the season and both sides can put this season behind us and start fresh. He's basically missed two whole seasons, he's with a new team and can't be in good shape at all. I can't really see him adding a whole lot. While I expected more out of Legwand, I still think he's going to bring more to the table than Weiss. I just don't think the Wings can afford to put someone in who needs 10 games to get his legs and conditioning back.

Personally, I'd rather they just put Weiss on the shelf for the rest of the season and both sides can put this season behind us and start fresh. He's basically missed two whole seasons, he's with a new team and can't be in good shape at all. I can't really see him adding a whole lot. While I expected more out of Legwand, I still think he's going to bring more to the table than Weiss. I just don't think the Wings can afford to put someone in who needs 10 games to get his legs and conditioning back.

At times this season I completely forgot he even played for this team. :lol:

I agree. And considering with Z and Dats back along with Abby we won't have any place for Weiss to play unless we send Glendening down and I think Weiss won't be any more effective at this point with no game time for like 2 years. None of the kids should sit with Weiss in and nobody else is even a candidate to sit for Weiss.

Guest DeGraa55

To be fair, Nyquist and Tatar showed much more promise in terms of scoring-line potential. Leading scorers for the Griffins, and Nyquist had a great postseason performance with us against the Ducks and 'hawks.

While I agree 100% someone is still not proven in the nhl until they are in the nhl.

Funny how I said we need too 6 wingers and you go on and only name two...besides right now Tatar is more of a third line guy this year maybe next year. Nyquist I def is a top6 but another was needed.

Nyq and Tatar were unknown at one point too, yea. I didn't say they were top 6 but they will be moving forward.. we have plenty of top 6 forward depth from this point on is all I meant. Defense needs to be the priority this off season.

I can see Babs playing him a few times before the playoffs. Just try to get his legs back. If we finish strong and make the playoffs I can see him sitting out and just waiting for that game or games someone doesn't play up to par.

Guest DeGraa55

Who would you guys rather bench when Dats, Z, and Weiss come back...Glendening, Miller, or Andersson?

Weiss miller and Anderson.

Who would you guys rather bench when Dats, Z, and Weiss come back...Glendening, Miller, or Andersson?

Andersson and Glendening sit.

Z - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Franzen - Legwand - Alfie

Miller - Helm - Abby

Weiss sits (maybe babs gives him a chance over Jurco for a few games but he likely won't produce and sits)

Andersson and Glendening sit.

Z - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Franzen - Legwand - Alfie

Miller - Helm - Abby

Weiss sits (maybe babs gives him a chance over Jurco for a few games but he likely won't produce and sits)

Its amazing that in the beginning of the season you would look at that lineup and puke. Now i look at that lineup and say we can compete with anyone in the league. At least at forward.