• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

It's so tough o not play I know how bad he wants it. It's so difficult will sheltered minutes help? Or is his knee this way no matter what happens without surgery? With the team playing well and the teams behind us not playing well what should he do? I'm glad he's back IMO I think his knee is what it is for this season

Lines at practice today: Probable for tm vs BUF

Mule-Leggy-Goose

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Abby-Helm-Datsyuk

Miller-Glend-Andy

That lineup just got so much more depth its unreal. Lookout Playoffs.

Edited by RedWang

after taking out bos we should manhandle sabres no losing to the worst team in the league

We got manhandled by Boston. Jimmy stoned them enough that we could hang around and persevere when the kids found chinks in Bostons armor.

That 3rd line looks quite interesting.

We got manhandled by Boston. Jimmy stoned them enough that we could hang around and persevere when the kids found chinks in Bostons armor.

That 3rd line looks quite interesting.

Something tells me that things could change quickly if the Wings don't look like they have much energy Babs won't hesitate to put Goose with Pav

Mule-Leggy-Goose

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Abby-Helm-Datsyuk

Miller-Glend-Andy

No way Pav stays on the third line for more then 1 shift. Pav will probably end up on the top line and Leggy will center the third. I would love to see Helm play the wIng; with his speed he'll create lots of chances.

Mule-Leggy-Goose

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Abby-Helm-Datsyuk

Miller-Glend-Andy

Other than Andersson on the wing, there's a lot to like about that line-up.

I reckon Pav will stay at wing, he has to do a lot less skating, which will be better for his knee, and help him till he gets his conditioning back. Shame he's got 2 hands-of-stone linemates though :lol:

Mule-Leggy-Goose

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Abby-Helm-Datsyuk

Miller-Glend-Andy

3 lines that can score! Been a while since we could say that. Not to mention that 4th line can chip in every now and again

Other than Andersson on the wing, there's a lot to like about that line-up.

I reckon Pav will stay at wing, he has to do a lot less skating, which will be better for his knee, and help him till he gets his conditioning back. Shame he's got 2 hands-of-stone linemates though :lol:

Better than the Cleary and Abby line that he had last year :P

Tatar-pav-jurco please!!

Better than the Cleary and Abby line that he had last year :P

Tatar-pav-jurco please!!

As pleasing as this sounds I think the kid line has played together beyond expectations and why fix what ain't broke. Plus last thing you want is the 2 kids on that line deferring to Dats. I prefer to see EuroTwins reunited with whoever, the kid line and after that let God(Babs) sort it out. With Z and Dats together that causes a first d pairing for the other side then Gus and crew gets less attention.

Not to mention on D leave Smith with Kronner and put Big Rig with Danny D and roll the dice on the third pairing.

Exciting times to be a Red Wing fan!

Mule-Leggy-Goose

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Abby-Helm-Datsyuk

Miller-Glend-Andy

Getting much closer. So if/when Z gets back who sits? The easy answer in Andersson, but we do need a checking line don't we? The trick is at RW. Having Z and Datsyuk on the top line makes great sense. Nyquist and Legwand on the second works. Jurco-Sheahan-tatar on the 3rd has been great. Abby and Helm on the 4th is great together. If we can find 3 true RHed RW we will be all set. Franzen can fill on at RW on the second for now, so that leaves 2 RHed RW's needed for next season.

So. Ansar Khan with this quip from Holland today (sorry I don't know how to embed tweets):

'Holland said Stephen Weiss not expected to play this season after experiencing multiple setbacks in comeback from hernia surgery.'

I feel bad for the guy, but if he did come back where would he play?

Apparently Alfie is expected to play tonight, but that won't be determined officially until pre- game skate. I am glad that it isn't anything too serious, but I would rather he sit out again tonight, and be energized for Habs tomorrow night. If he does play tonight, I want him playing with Pav and Helmer.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/red_wings_stephen_weiss_not_ex.html

As already mentioned, Weiss is assumed to be done for the season. It's a crappy situation, but it might be for the best, so he can take it slow and steady with rehab, rest up, and come prepared with a clean slate next Fall.

Zetterberg is scheduled to lace up the skates next week, and could be ready to play as early as midway through the first round, although it's based on where the doctors are comfortable clearing him. I'm personally not going to expect to see him until round two, if they make it that far.

Ericsson doesn't sound like he will be available for round 1.

I'm kind of glad Weiss won't be back really this season. it's been a washout. Let it slide, get healthy over the summer and start over in September.

In the short term it also relieves a logistical log jam that would have occurred once Z comes back. But that is awesome news that he's going to skate next week!!!