• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

Exactly.

Also, at the risk of sounding callous, a player lives for the playoffs. There's no point saving himself. This is it. No point waiting for the second round if we never make it there. I'd rather him rush back early at the risk of hurting himself so we can get to the second round. In my mind, no other round other than the finals will be as tough as this round. If Z can help us survive, he needs to come back.

I have faith he will do whatever he can, even if he pushes himself. Having him back, even with reduced minutes, would be huge.

Exactly.

Also, at the risk of sounding callous, a player lives for the playoffs. There's no point saving himself. This is it. No point waiting for the second round if we never make it there. I'd rather him rush back early at the risk of hurting himself so we can get to the second round. In my mind, no other round other than the finals will be as tough as this round. If Z can help us survive, he needs to come back.

I have faith he will do whatever he can, even if he pushes himself. Having him back, even with reduced minutes, would be huge.

This is very, very true and something I thought of last night during the game. Yeah, it was brutal, and it doesn't look good. But we're not out, and if we pull this series out, we've got a really good shot of going the distance to the finals.

Guest Playmaker

Nothing that I read in any way indicates that Zetterberg will be back tomorrow. It sounds like things are going well, but if he has to be cleared by the doctors before he plays and has no plan to see a doctor anytime soon, that doesn't seem to indicate it will be tomorrow. But it is the playoffs and I can see the sandbagging aspect.

Ansar Khan tweeted two interesting things:

"Babcock said Zetterberg filling in for Datsyuk on the line. Was vague on whether he might play tomorrow. Said if he's ready he'll go.
and
"Zetterberg said today was his first real good practice. Doesn't sound like he;s playing tomorrow but wouldn't completely rule it out."
So yeah, tomorrow's game is probably a long shot, but neither Babcock or Zetterberg is ruling it out. But if he's that close, I'd say a Game 5 appearance is pretty likely.

Nothing that I read in any way indicates that Zetterberg will be back tomorrow. It sounds like things are going well, but if he has to be cleared by the doctors before he plays and has no plan to see a doctor anytime soon, that doesn't seem to indicate it will be tomorrow. But it is the playoffs and I can see the sandbagging aspect.

Yeah I noticed that as well. They seem to still be just shooting for a round 2 return still. Unless they are being as vague as they can so the Bruins don't know what the lineup will be for game 4 until last minute

It's massive. I always used to think that pavel was our best player over hank, and although pavel is my favorite I can't say it. Z is our best player especially in the playoffs, if he's back tomorrow it not only makes our team way better, by we gain leadership and IMO the best playoff performer in the last decade. Please hank play tomorrow

Pavel Datsyuk skill wise is the best player on our team but he is, and always has been, a set up man. It's hard to do that well when you have no one to set up with Francine playing with him. Z brings more to the table overall and we desperately need him in this series on both sides of the puck.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

Pavel Datsyuk skill wise is the best player on our team but he is, and always has been, a set up man. It's hard to do that well when you have no one to set up with Francine playing with him. Z brings more to the table overall and we desperately need him in this series on both sides of the puck.

We need a Captain, that's for sure. Honestly, I like Datsyuk more as a fan; he's been one of my favorites since his rookie year. I think he's the most talented guy on our team without a doubt. But he's not the leader Zetterberg is. That doesn't minimize him as a player in my book, because everyone has a role. Datsyuk leads as much as he can given the nature of his personality, but Z is the guy who is the leader of this team now, and in the playoffs, you just need your Captain, there's few ways around it.

Zetterberg just has that rare ability to win games all on his own. Before his back issues earlier in the season, the team was starting to string wins together, and Hank was on an absolute tear and right up there with Crosby in scoring. I highly doubt we see him play tomorrow, but I have a gut feeling he'll lace em up Saturday. Especially if the series is 3-1.

Getting Hank and Alfie back asap can make this a brand new series.

Something tells me Howard does not have the flu..... I think a concussion.

What makes you think that? In any event, not good news at all. I like Gus as a backup just fine and he played great last night, but he's a backup for a reason and can't be relied upon to stay too consistent let alone healthy himself. If this is a more serious issue with Howard, that slightest bit of hope I had that we could still pull this off will be just about gone, if only because Gus is likely to be hurt by game 6!

What makes you think that? In any event, not good news at all. I like Gus as a backup just fine and he played great last night, but he's a backup for a reason and can't be relied upon to stay too consistent let alone healthy himself. If this is a more serious issue with Howard, that slightest bit of hope I had that we could still pull this off will be just about gone, if only because Gus is likely to be hurt by game 6!

Soderberg crashed the net game 3 making contact with Jimmy's head, before the first goal. Jimmy was slow to get up and did not look as quick for awhile.

TSN pointed it out in there highlights but I cant find the link.

Soderberg crashed the net game 3 making contact with Jimmy's head, before the first goal. Jimmy was slow to get up and did not look as quick for awhile.

TSN pointed it out in there highlights but I cant find the link.

This page has a couple animated gifs of the incident your talking about.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/25/monster-redux-gustavsson-to-start-again-for-detroit-in-game-5/

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/red_wings_determining_whether.html

Pavs might need surgery. Weiss had another surgery to remove scar tissue...

Get the guys healthy for next year! Can't wait to see what Weiss can do when he can actually skate in comfort.

Edit: Also good to see Hank is feeling great. I have a feeling we'll see a big year from him next year now that his back is feeling good.

Edited by marcaractac

So much hinges on Weiss it kills me. Its so hard to assess what we have right now. We may have a huge hole at 2C or a reliable 2C who knows...

Also I think Datsyuk should just do the surgery. I don't want this creeping in again next year.

Totally agree on Dats. I have faith that he'll do what's best to be ready for the season.

I'm excited to see what Weiss does next year. I really do think he turns it around.

We'll have Dats, Hank, Weiss and Helm who can all finally come into training camp at 100%. That makes this team very strong down the middle even if Hank and Pasha play together.

I don't think this team has as many issues as some think. Being healthy is key along with bolstering the blue line so we can avoid Kindl and Lashoff. Up front I say go with the kids, and address any needs at the deadline (unless an opportunity presents itself to bring in a UFA this summer).

Until Helm stubs his toe getting out of the shower. He then develops an infection and has to have his entire foot amputated.

(j/k.. but seriously, I hope his injury luck has turned for the better)

We'll have Dats, Hank, Weiss and Helm who can all finally come into training camp at 100%. That makes this team very strong down the middle even if Hank and Pasha play together.